Weinacht Stollen

sceadugenga

Yep, clearly Vinnie the Kvai must have a regional connection to that part of the world and is showing his local flair. I'm partial to either (almond paste or not)... that is until the stollen-off ! Let's have Butter is Better or Olde Bell whip up a couple of these and have us over for a taste/ battle of the holiday breads.

What's best to drink with one of these ? Mulled wine ?

If Old Bell attempted Chanukkah food, why not make some German Christmas breads now ? Seems like less of a stretch too.

Who's up to it ?

The one in the above picture doesn't have almond paste in it. It needs almond paste.

J&S makes both, I got one of each - not tried yet!

I did try the bread though - WOW. WOW!!! For us German/Austrian folks, this is the real deal. First time I got actual German style rye bread outside Germany or Austria. Now there's a lot of bread sold as German Rye, including at Rim Ping NIM plaza, which, so far, had the best imitation. But it's nothing like back home. J&S is perfect, and it's actually better than many bakeries back home in Austria. Big compliment to Jörg!

Went there today, heres a map link

http://maps.google.c...5+(J%26S+Bakery)&sll=18.686253,98.971796&sspn=0.0722,0.060425&ie=UTF8&ll=18.686253,98.988104&spn=0.0722,0.060425&z=14

That link doesn't work. This one does.

Have to admit that the Stollen I saw in Rimping yesterday didn't inspire me enough to fork out 230 baht but WTK's pictures are about to make a trip to J&S mandatory.