Weinacht Stollen

sceadugenga

If you have problems locating a source for your bread maybe Kaysem's on Ratchawong Rd. can help. The nice old lady in there has helped me in the past in situations like this. If she doesn't have it or can't bake it for you she may have contacts to help.

I have seen in the big branches of Tops Supermarket (this however being in Bangkok) but maybe that would be worth in visit in CM. Villa do have them too, but not sure if there is a Villa up there.

How about making yourself, recipes are online.

I have seen in the big branches of Tops Supermarket (this however being in Bangkok) but maybe that would be worth in visit in CM. Villa do have them too, but not sure if there is a Villa up there.

How about making yourself, recipes are online.

Or taking the recipe to a Baker and ask if they can knock it up for you.

Rimping sells the ones from Joe's Bakery (if there are any left I bought one yesterday and they had only one left!)

and there is a German Bakery in Saraphi called J&S Bakery - google them they have a website - authentic Stollen (1 kg and 1/2 kg) also other Christmas goodies and a big selection of breads - If you go along the 121 towards Samoeng Intersection turn left just before the river and go along the river until you reach a red footbridge - turn right after the footbridge

Stollen.jpg

Edited by Cnxforever

Well, what a relief to read enough of the thread to figure out your Weinacht wasn't stolen! laugh.gif

A few years ago the German chef at the Rincome hotel made some stollen, but unfortunately he left the production of the sign to one of his underlings who did leave out one of the 'l's. Nearly called the police!

CMMCB

Well, what a relief to read enough of the thread to figure out your Weinacht wasn't stolen! laugh.gif

i thought the Weinacht were those nasty buggers that invaded Poland.

i LOOKED THIS UP BECAUSE i WAS BOARD. had no idea what it was about. Seems like a good holiday bread.

Wish these other language speakers would use English when they make a title. He obviously can speak English.

German Holiday bread and I would have been rite there.:(

Who am I to say I also have a warped sense of humor..:D

i LOOKED THIS UP BECAUSE i WAS BOARD. had no idea what it was about. Seems like a good holiday bread.

Wish these other language speakers would use English when they make a title. He obviously can speak English.

Being Australian I understand a little English if you speak it slowly and clearly.

I think that various foods and dishes have to be written in the language of their country of origin if you want to make people understand what you're talking about. B)

I just saw them today at Rim Ping Mee Chok from Jo's Bakery. I also bought an excellent stollen at the Citylife event from J.S. Bakery. But I don't know how to contact them.

if you google J&S Bakery you find their website

http://jsbakery.blogspot.com/

It's not forbidden to post the link is it. Or... I guess if you're very reluctant to post it, maybe you're the owner?

Anyway, I have nothing to do with the J&S business, but I am on a mission to find proper gingerbread cookies (Lebuchen). So I'll pay J&S a visit. In years past, Tops and Rimping always carried those big round Lebkuchen from Bahlsen. But I guess they didn't sell too well as this year all I could find is one kind of Lebkuchen from Bahlsen, and it was really hard to find, hidden in a lot of other stuff. I bought 8 packs :)

ROFL

Well if he'd said "German Holiday Bread" maybe I and other German speakers might never have looked at this thread - and we certainly wouldn't have known what the heck it's all about.

Weihnacthsstollen is the correct word for it, might as well use it. One word though, not two.

OK, in case you're referring to me I did just type Weihnacht stollen Chiang Mai into the search box and J&S Bakery came up well down the page so I suppose I could have saved a thread.

But then there's all these people here who's hearts were yearning for Weihnacht stollen who may not have thought to do that.

So now they will rush around and buy the complete stock before I get there.

Bah humbug.

Of course not. Was talking to the idiot who claimed to not know what a Christmas Stollen is. ;)

Already mentioned that the Oriental bakery does a magnificent one. I'll get one there tomorrow if they still have them. :thumbsup:

For his benefit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stollen

(That's the ENGLISH Wikipedia, mind.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I just saw them today at Rim Ping Mee Chok from Jo's Bakery. I also bought an excellent stollen at the Citylife event from J.S. Bakery. But I don't know how to contact them.

if you google J&S Bakery you find their website

http://jsbakery.blogspot.com/

It's not forbidden to post the link is it. Or... I guess if you're very reluctant to post it, maybe you're the owner?

Anyway, I have nothing to do with the J&S business, but I am on a mission to find proper gingerbread cookies (Lebuchen). So I'll pay J&S a visit. In years past, Tops and Rimping always carried those big round Lebkuchen from Bahlsen. But I guess they didn't sell too well as this year all I could find is one kind of Lebkuchen from Bahlsen, and it was really hard to find, hidden in a lot of other stuff. I bought 8 packs :)

Nope I am not the owner - actually went there today for the first time since i was in the area - stupid me did not check their website first - the place is closed on Sundays and Tuesday - the owner (Joerg) was there and nice enough to open the shop and sell me some Stollen and Christmas cookies - Lebkuchen and Vanilla Kipferl . Have not tried the cookies yet but the Stollen is delicious - they offer Stollen with and without Marzipan so I bought one each.

He told me he supplies his Stollen all over Thailand . He gave me also his items list - available in German and English which contains not only bakery items but also meat and cold cuts and some of the different sausages I have been looking for a long time - like Debreziner and Burenwurst !!

The place is really a bit difficult to find - so I asked the owner if he could put some signs up - which he said he will.

Edited by Cnxforever

It is no good my going to Rimping and getting some for you to give you at the PotLuck as it would all be eaten by the time I got there.

By the way the Lebkuchen I got at Rimping were crap - Joe's or something? I tried one box, very dry and near tasteless. And cut?! Whatever you do, Lebkuchen isn't sold cut from a large piece, it should be cookies.

I'll check out J&S tomorrow.. :)

you sure do. calling a Christstollen "bread" is warped² ! <_<