Two Week House Rental

skybluestu

Hello,

I live in Chiang Rai and, as you may know already, we have really bad smoke pollution every year for about 6-8 weeks with the worst being during March. Usually it's just about bearable but next March (2011) I want to get away for 2-3 weeks as I have a baby and don't want her subjected to the worst of it. I'm wondering what the options are for renting a house/room and hoping someone might know of somewhere suitable?

Or maybe you have a big house and wouldn't mind renting a room out to me and my family (inc dog)? I'm 35, originally from England but been living in Chiang Rai now for 3 yrs, my wife is 27 (Thai) and we have one baby born in June 2010. We also have a very friendly dog who would accompany us so we are looking for a pet-friendly place.

Ideally we'd like to be by the beach around the Cha Am/Hua Hin area but anywhere along that coastline would be fine.

Thanks in advance, look forward to your replies ;)

If you want a room in an apartment, look at Bon Gai or if you want a house, just drive around and ul find one for usually 8k up. Don't care too much about location, if you haven't got a car rent a bike and you can go anywhere in 10-20mins. Tuktuks and taxis will cost you a small fortune.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi does anyone know of anywhere specific for holiday house rental, we are chasing a large house for the family of 8 people, just one week, hopefully close to Hua Hin town and has a swimming pool. I know its a long shot, but any help will be appreciated.

Hi does anyone know of anywhere specific for holiday house rental, we are chasing a large house for the family of 8 people, just one week, hopefully close to Hua Hin town and has a swimming pool. I know its a long shot, but any help will be appreciated.

I think you are going to find it difficult, as most owners look for one month as a minimum.

We have rented out for weekends and one week stays, but it only has been as a favour for a friend/relative or at least a friend of a friend/relative, as otherwise it is just not worth the hassle.

Stander, there are a couple of places we have found, but both are a little out of town, I would have though most guys would be happy with 30,000bht for a weeks rental, I can undersatnd not wanting to rent to a bunch of whore mongering golfers, on a weeks trip away from the wives, but a family is a little different.

Cheers

Stander, there are a couple of places we have found, but both are a little out of town, I would have though most guys would be happy with 30,000bht for a weeks rental, I can undersatnd not wanting to rent to a bunch of whore mongering golfers, on a weeks trip away from the wives, but a family is a little different.

Cheers

We don't have anything for you at the moment, as all our houses are out on long leases 1 year plus, but if you are willling to pay 30,000, plus deposit for damages for one week then I am sure you will be able to find one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a large 4 bedroom house in Hua Hin with a pool. I do rent it out from time to time.

Please let me know if you would like any further information. My email is [email protected]

Kind regards

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...