Welcome To New Members - 2554/2011

Tywais

Welcome to Thaivisa

On behalf of the moderators, admins, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

This is the Welcome thread for 2011/2554, so post your introduction here.

welcome.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can any one advise me to where i can offer my services as english teacher for a summer camp in samut prakarn area

im not really looking for payment for this just want some hands on experience

as well as a teacher i also use puppets to aid with teaching as i find children better interact with a puppet than a teacher

i was thinking of going to indonesia or cambodia to do this but some one suggested i post message on here first to get some feed back

i plan to be in samut prakarn end of january

my email is <deleted>.

Edited by craigt3365
email address deleted

Hello,

My name is Aey+. I am Thai and currently living in US. I have been living here for almost 10 years now. My American hubby, my daughter, and I plan to go back to Thailand since we both got job offers in Thailand. Since I have not lived in Thailand for a while so this website is really helpful. We are currently looking for a house, a maid, and maybe a car. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you for creating this great website!

Happy New Year to you all as well :)

~aey

can any one advise me to where i can offer my services as english teacher for a summer camp in samut prakarn area

im not really looking for payment for this just want some hands on experience

as well as a teacher i also use puppets to aid with teaching as i find children better interact with a puppet than a teacher

i was thinking of going to indonesia or cambodia to do this but some one suggested i post message on here first to get some feed back

i plan to be in samut prakarn end of january

my email is <deleted>

Welcome, Tinsom. I would recommend you post in the Teaching in Thailand Forum. Also, don't post your email address in public. Other members can send you a personal message if they are interested.

Hello,

My name is Aey+. I am Thai and currently living in US. I have been living here for almost 10 years now. My American hubby, my daughter, and I plan to go back to Thailand since we both got job offers in Thailand. Since I have not lived in Thailand for a while so this website is really helpful. We are currently looking for a house, a maid, and maybe a car. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you for creating this great website!

Happy New Year to you all as well :)

~aey

Welcome, Aey. I recommend you post in the appropriate Community forum...such as Bangkok, Issan, Phuket, etc. I think you will get some more focused replies there. Plus, be sure to say where you are planning to live when posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am new to the forums and also prtty new to Thailand.

I have been here nearly a year and having a ball, I am a computer hacker, but a good computer hacker.

Loving life and I find it sad how so many expats let the smallest things bug the crap out of them, its sad but also kind of funny too.

Anyways

Peace.

Hi guys and girl not a newbie but a lurkers for for long time ,used the boards to buy everything from a motorbike to visa info and real estate guide etc maybe time to give some info back lol .Wishing all a happy new year ----greg

I am new to this. I am a Canadian living in Canada with a Thai girlfriend that I am very serious about. I have been to Thailand to see her twice now we want for her to come to Canada. I realize that she needs a visitor visa and I have never done this before, so any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to this. I am a Canadian living in Canada with a Thai girlfriend that I am very serious about. I have been to Thailand to see her twice now we want for her to come to Canada. I realize that she needs a visitor visa and I have never done this before, so any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Rusty! I would recommend a post in the visa forum for this. Lots of good advise from the fellow members who watch that forum. Best of luck and welcome to TV!

Craig

Hi! I'm new in this forum but not new in Thailand.

Been here for many years now and I call this place my home.

i love the country and the people....nothing is perfect and no country is perfect. Its ok to complain about some flaws but do not put people/race/group down..because when you do..you become just like them

xoxo

Hi,

New to this forum and plan to move to Thailand soon.

Anyone have any suggestions on shipping personal goods, small hand tools,2 guitars, clothing etc. from central USA.

Thank You

We moved here permanently in 2009. We've been bringing our personal goods over in our checked and carry on luggage. We each bring 2 large checked bags each (50-lbs), one carry on (stuffed to the max) and a back (which is also stuffed). You'd be amazed at how much stuff you can bring each trip. As we have to return to the US 2 times each year, we've brought everything over we needed to...as well as tons of stuff we buy in the US every trip. Sheets, towels, silverware....stuff that is very expensive here or hard to find where we live near Pattaya.

Regarding hand tools, you are aware of the power differences? Forget one time to plug it into the converter, and it's toast. I just popped the power supply for a new PC hub. I thought it was 110-220...obviously, it wasn't.

I looked into shipping a small amount of stuff before our first trip. I think it was like $400-500 for a 1 x 1 x 1 meter square area. Weight didn't matter. You can also bring an extra suitcase for a small amount of money. Which gives you another 50lbs of stuff to bring. Something to think about.

Best of luck and feel free to post your query in a forum!!!!

Craig

My name is Lyn, i am a weird 23 y.o. girl working in Bangkok. I love soap operas, karaokes and afraid of people with beards. Live in Thailand 3 years already. I am not in a creative mood tonight, so i have to finish this lame message now.

HI, I am the "Cheeky Monkey", hence "Gam Ling".

I have lived (continuously) and worked (for 6 years before I retired) in Thailand for over 20 years and I have always thought of myself as being a "non-joiner". I have lurked around the Forum for many years and I was arrogant enough to think that I knew it all and had no use for such insecurity and the need to be part of a "family". Please forgive me for saying that because I was wrong........ totally wrong and misguided.

I realise that many people have a much greater insight into some things Thai than I could ever have. All of us are different; we have had different experiences, in Thailand of course, and I'm eager to learn from them. Also, maybe I can draw from my own experiences to benefit and help fellow members.

I am looking forward to being a member of the said "family" now that I have truly "joined".

I am a true repentant and I feel privileged to be a tiny part of a such a respected community.

Hi everybody,

I'm Marion, 32 years old, half-Thai and I'm from Germany. My mother is from Nong Khai in northern Thailand but also lives in Germany for about 35 years.

I was born and raised in Germany as well. Can't speak Thai though but I'm pretty good at English. ;)

I love Thai food and cooking, currently I'm about improve my cooking skills with recipes from the Internet, especially from Youtube.

My favourite hobby is fitness, so I'm a little bit more unlikely than most Thai or German women since I have a pretty much athletic appearance. Also, I do martial arts, Taekwondo in the main. Doing this for 17 years already, I'm the main instructor in a local Taekwondo club.

Alright, that's it.

See you later here!

Marion :)

Welcome everybody! We hope Thaivisa is useful for you. Any questions, email us at [email protected]!!

Marion: hopefully, your athletic interests will be an inspiration to all of us "lazy" farangs!

Thanks for the welcome!

And yes...I actually love to help and inspire other peole who plan to have a better and more healthy life by including fitness and a good diet into their daily habits!

Just give me a shout or meet me on Facebook!

Luk krueng gal

Marion :)

Hello All,

My name is Rick (which you probably already figured out from my User Name). I am a 58 yo, married man. My wife is a Thai/US citizen and we have been married for 36 years. I retired last year from my job as a software engineer and plan on moving to Thailand in two years (once I hit 60). My wife is from the Kamphang Phet area, and we're not sure if we want to live near there to be near her family or at a more touristy locale (I'm crazy about beach life). We plan on going to Koh Samui next year and try living there for a month. We've been to Phuket a couple of times and once to Koh Chang. Not quite what I have in mind.

I've already put in a couple of posts in the Central Thailand and Koh Sumui, etc forums and have gotten some really good information. I really look forward to meeting some of you in person.

I had a liver transplant about 3 years ago, so I don't drink anymore, but I still enjoy good conversations.

I've been trying to learn Thai. I can read it and write much better than I can speak it or understand the spoken word. I just don't have the ear for the spoken word I'm afraid, but I keep plugging along.

Looking forward to hearing more from you about your life in Thailand as an expatriot.

Cheers,

Rick

Hi everbody My name is Rueven I am 50 years old moving to Thailand soon to check it out,a lot of my friends think it will be a good fit for me.I retired 4 years ago,seen then I been looking for the right place to settle.I've spend a few years in Central America and was pretty relaxed.So I moved to Israel 8 months ago,but to much stress here for me.Maybe because I think there know real peace in the middle east yet but I wanted to check it out.I like to relax,fish which I usually let them go after caughing them.I started reading like 4 yrs.ago,and thats werid because I graduated college and never readed a whole book,cheated a little.Anyways I wanted to thank the people on this forum for some good advice.I been on other forums in other parts of the world and by far this is the best.Thinking on settling in Chiang Mai or Udon Thani.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, My name is Jeffrey. I'm an American who lives in Canada. I arrived in Chiang Mai six weeks ago and will remain until late October. For about 30 years, I made my living as a writer in the States, and once upon a time, I taught literature/humanities in college. Recently, I completed a 4-week TEFL course in Chiang Mai as preparation for teaching English in Thailand. I may still do that, but some other things seem to have greater priority right now. I would, for example very much like to learn "mindfulness" meditation, but without the ascetic trappings that seem to be a part of temple-based programs. My 65-year-old knees don't do well in Lotus position. For more than 20 years I have been following a stretching regime that looks very much like Yoga -- but no Lotus position. I also need to eat three meals a day (many temple retreats require fasting after the noon meal). Does anyone out there have any suggestions about where I might begin to learn genuine, but physically gentle, mindfulness meditation in Chiang Mai? I'm open to all kinds of suggestions -- weekly classes, intensive retreats, individual instruction, Thai teachers, foreign teachers, whatever. I suspect that this post should be on a different board, but the message said "introduce yourself," so I'm introducing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Ontario

Welcome to the forum.

No clue about the meditation but u might be better off asking in the Chiangmai subforum. This thread gets limited traffic

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

sawadee kha,

Hello, i'm Karlin from Indonesia, I went to phuket last year n it was so suay kha, thailand people are so friendly and helpful.

my sympathy to flood issue in south thailand recently, some of my friends are thai. anyway i'd like to learn more about thai, culture n language :) and i find this forum may useful, i wish to visit thailand again ^^, nice to know u all.

warm regards,

Karlin

Hi, I've been visiting LOS for 9 years now. My last visit ended 8/2/11, I was in Bangkok and Issarn for 10 weeks. Planning on moving to Thailand with a year or so, my fav place on earth. I live in Sydney (yuk) but day dream about Thailand....

cheers coltt69