Hotmail Users Complain Of Missing E-Mails

george

Hotmail users complain of missing e-mails

Indo-Asian News Service

Web giant MSN is facing a barrage of complaints from Hotmail users who claim that some e-mails have been deleted from their accounts. A number of users resorted to forums to vent out their frustration after they logged into their accounts to find empty inboxes and missing folders. It is unclear whether the problem lies with Microsoft, which owns MSN, or whether it is the work of hackers.

Some Microsoft Hotmail users are starting off the New Year scrambling to get back old e-mails, the Daily Mail reported.

-- Agencies 2011-01-03

Also some folks that do not pay the yearly fee but only receive free hotmail forget to log on at least once a month to keep their account open.

I have the free version for subscription mails. So I don't get spam in my private mail address. I've had this account for nearly 10 years and only log on once every 3-4 months. Never had a problem. Apart from too many e mails to delete.

quote from MSN TOS:

We provide the service "as is," "with all faults," and "as available." We don't guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of information available from the service.

no pay = no guarantee !

For my business, I depend on my hotmail account which I have had since 1999. Too many peopkle have it, and it is all over the internet. A problem I had sometimes lately is that sometimes mails I send do not arrive, so now I always check the "sent" folder after sending an email. More serious it would be if I wouldn't receive e-mails potential customers have sent.

I hope for some feedback from other hotmail users. The problems I have could also be due to the fact I am staying in a semi rural area, where the internet connection doesn't have silicon valley quality.

For my business, I depend on my hotmail account which I have had since 1999.

i assume you Have a Plus account, then there will be no problem about this.

your company website is unter MSN as well ?

Thx for the reply. No, I don't have a plus account, just a free one, what are the advantages of a plus account? I will look into this. No, the company website is not under MSN, didn't know they offer this service. The website I made myself, and I pay a small yearly fee to keep it up. I know that often if you have a business you make yourself ridiculous using a hotmail or yahoo or even gmail account, but for my type of business (low budget hotel) this doesn't apply so much.

i would prefer to not make advertising for Microsoft and use the own domain for emails

since it is alot more professional. google offers a number of free service with guaranteed uptime and delivery.

let me know if you need help on that .. (it normally take just very little effort to get it done)