On Monday's Thailand Today

Felix Lynn

On the next Thailand Today,

An Australian man says his arrest on child rape is payback.

The Thai obsession with white skin leads to health risks.

And a drunk Swedish diplomat threatens police and injures a photographer.

That and your calls on the upside and the pitfalls of marrying a prostitute…on the next Thailand Today, each weekday at 5pm, midnight and 5am.

That and your calls on the upside and the pitfalls of marrying a prostitute…on the next Thailand Today, each weekday at 5pm, midnight and 5am.

I've reported this post.

A newbie Troll.

A newbie Troll.

?

A newbie Troll.

?

:o

totster :D

On second thoughts its good that you put up posts like this Felix, because i'm warned not to tune in to your (undeniably mellifluous) tones talking about child sex and the delights of matrimony with streetwalkers.

I've got children in my house. Can't you talk about some nice themes about Thailand please?

thanks for your comments moog.

while i would have to say that our show is not for the whole family, i did spend some time talking about the three legged elephant who got a fake leg to help her walk. i try to mix it up. and i hope folks like you tell me what you think. it helps us fashion our content and present to the listeners interesting topics to discuss.

if you heard my comments you would have heard a person NOT "revelling" in the misfortune of children but talking about a real problem in Thailand--the truth and how you go about finding it out. that was really the theme of my rap on that very unfortunate story.

i'll air any comments you want to say on Thailand Today, unedited. 02-207-2677.

I'm a big boy, and I quite like the squalid stuff ! <as everyone here will attest to>

But this is broadcast radio.

What if you come out with something really lurid and my wife is there !

Its not like the internet where I can minimize it. And if I just turn it off, it makes it look even more suspicious.

I'm sure you're handling the material in good taste, but its still taking a chance when you've advertised in those uncompromising terms !!

Cheers :o

you're probably right about the way in which it was promoted. i guess we're trying to peek interest in the show.

i understand if you can't listen. but i welcome all criticism, comments and verbal noise. good talk radio starts and ends with a good argument or heated discussion. well not always but debate has drama and drama is interesting.

what's interesting about that story in not the lurid details but that ever ellusive idea in thailand called the truth. and that other story you mentioned about marrying a working girl, i had a fascinating call from a guy from chiang mai who is happily married to one for the last eight years. it's a topic unique to Thailand and therefore i thought i might be of interest to our listeners.

last week we had a great discussion about teen road racing. it might sound like a yawner but it actually drew some interest with folks at their wits end with their teens. what do you do with a good kid who wants to race around the streets. he gets good grades. he doesn't do drugs. he just likes to ride fast. we got some interesting comments on that one.

I'm a big boy, and I quite like the squalid stuff ! <as everyone here will attest to>

But this is broadcast radio.

What if you come out with something really lurid and my wife is there !

Its not like the internet where I can minimize it. And if I just turn it off, it makes it look even more suspicious.

I'm sure you're handling the material in good taste, but its still taking a chance when you've advertised in those uncompromising terms !!

Cheers 

just a thought, why can't you buy some headphones to listen to the radio?

Felix,

We've recently swapped a few emails and wanted to let you know I appreciate the archive being available. Hope your future archives will include the call ins as well.

Not to be ungrateful but I'm really hoping you'll start publishing as a Podcast with RSS feed so I can automate the process. With your existing production quality a podcast would only amount to posting the files. Lots of free servers and bittorrent for distribution. Apple's iTunes cache the top 200 podcasts on their servers.

Great article last week on Tom's Hardware to get you started...

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20050826/index.html

Felix,

We've recently swapped a few emails and wanted to let you know I appreciate the archive being available. Hope your future archives will include the call ins as well.

Not to be ungrateful but I'm really hoping you'll start publishing as a Podcast with RSS feed so I can automate the process. With your existing production quality a podcast would only amount to posting the files. Lots of free servers and bittorrent for distribution. Apple's iTunes cache the top 200 podcasts on their servers.

Great article last week on Tom's Hardware to get you started...

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20050826/index.html

The podcasting will be forthcoming. We are working on it. Thanks for the interest! I will pass along the article to the technical powers that be. Thanks.