True Online Smtp And Pop Mail Settings

BoonToong

I promise you that I have spent the last 30 minutes Googling this and looking for it on ThaiVisa but to no avail!!!!

I have recently had installed True Broadband. I am running windows Vista on a Laptop and want to send emails (to a maximum of 10 people at a time - NOT SPAM) using SMTP (I currently use Gmail as my main email package but cannot see how to integrate this with the software I am using (IBP)).

So, my question is, what POP3 and SMTP settings do I use in 'Windows Mail' when adding a new email account?

True gave me a ******@truehisp email address with an associated password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Quote: "True gave me a ******@truehisp email address with an associated password."

This is not an email account, rather it is your username and password to access the network. You would use this on your modem or router.

To set up Gmail--> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287 and/or http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=86382

I use Outlook 2007 to manage ~ 6 Gmail accounts, no problems.

Edited by lomatopo

IBP = Internet Business Promoter, right?

Yes, exactly!

Thank you everyone for your input so far.

I am currently trying to integrate Gmail into my Windows mail account. Only drawback so far is that I have just one email address ([email protected]) that I want to use on Windows mail but it seems to be downloading EVERYTHING (for my **@gmail.com address and for the 3 POP3 email addresses that I have set up on gmail, also all sent mail from Gmail).

I also tried setting up True but I do not have a [email protected] email address so I am having problems with that one too.

On researching, I found http://www.smtp2go.com/ which seems that it would solve all my problems, with the advantage that I can SMTP anywhere I go (which would be an advantage as I can still manage my linking campaigns whilst travelling). Anyone got any experience of that service?

Thanks again for all your help so far.

I also tried setting up True but I do not have a [email protected] email address so I am having problems with that one too.

AFAIK, You do NOT get a complimentary email account from True when you subscribe to their DSL packages, unlike many ISPs in other countries.

As previously stated, the usernam@truehisp, and associated password is used to authenticate you onto the DSL network.

I confess I still don't understand what you're trying to do with Windows Mail, GMail and IBP? Many email clients allow you to manage multiple email accounts.

AFAIK, You do NOT get a complimentary email account from True when you subscribe to their DSL packages, unlike many ISPs in other countries.

As previously stated, the usernam@truehisp, and associated password is used to authenticate you onto the DSL network.

I confess I still don't understand what you're trying to do with Windows Mail, GMail and IBP? Many email clients allow you to manage multiple email accounts.

Sorry for any confusion. In essence, IBP wants me to use an SMTP server to send emails and I am trying to find the best way of doing that with the resources that I already have, i.e., Gmail, True ADSL and Windows Mail.

rolleyes.gif

I have always had such an email but admit is used to be called asianet but it is called True now. username @ truemail.co.th

I am in an apartment building which uses True Internet.

I do not use True's pop server to receive my POP email but to send outgoing mail from MS Outlook I use mail.asianet.co.th as my SMTP server - this does not require authentication and is, I believe, one of True's SMTP servers.

Yes initially the SMTP server was asianet.co.th without authentication

They changed it a few years ago to mxauth.truemail.co.th because their server was frequently used to send spam which caused mail from True accounts to be dumped / filtered by hotmail, yahoo etc..

G-mail POP and SMTP settings:

POP3: pop.gmail.com SMTP: smtp.gmail.com

Server requires authentication

Server Port settings:

SMTP: 465

POP3: 995

Both require a secure connection (SSL)

Thank you everyone so far for your feedback. I have set up Gmail SMTP and it is working fine. Only problem, however, is that I have my Gmail set up to receive mail for about 6 different POP3 email addresses. Now that I have configured windows mail to check my Gmail, it is downloading/receiving EVERYTHING from Gmail (including sent emails) but I only want Windows mail to handle just one of my email addresses.

For example, I have Gmail set up to receive/send emails from:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

But I only want to use Windows Mail to send (SMTP) emails from only [email protected] and do not want any of the other information to do with the other email addresses. Is this possible?

Again, as a reminder, the software that I want to use (IBP) will not integrate with Gmail so I have to use Windows Mail.

Thanks everyone rolleyes.gif