Super Yachts

Boltd

Just off Ban Rak there are two amazing looking Yachts

anyone know the names of these boats or some good photos

I remember one a couple of years ago called "white cloud" moored between FV and KPY, it sat there for about 3 weeks and the owner/renter potted around on the Bell Helicopter that sat on the upper deck when not used

evidently the global crises isnt affecting everyone

I have a " White cloud " T shirt and cap. When the guy left Samui he went to Tao for some diving at the shop I used to work for. got to go have a look on board. It had like a garage at the back of the boat. A ramp went down and the tender sailed out and the reverse when returning. A very nice yacht indeed. The helicopter pilot used to be the pilot for Jaques Couasteau on his ship the Calypso. :D

That's the kiddy ;)

What a toy !A very nice man that owns it as well. Not in the least bit snobbish or up his own bottom if you get the gist ;)

I tried to wangle a ride in the chopper but there are certain rules surrounding Koh Tao as far as choppers are concerned evidently :(

Chatting to the pilot certainly opened my eyes to old Jaques though :o

Boltd....

Did you say.... global crises....?

What global crises....?

Where....?

Not in my neighborhood.... surely.... B)

Its OK for you but I wish I'd never set foot on a yacht.....yes I lie awake at night dreaming.....its got so bad I spend 10000 Baht a week on lottery tickets in hope of landing the 'big win'! :(

Yes its torture.....what will become of a landlubber like me??? Its in ma blood tae!!! B)

where is a nice marine park to attract the super rich ???

from my experience, they prefer places closer to urban centers that allow more people to see them and ask who's yacht it is.

i spoke to the marine park people in phuket. they told me they tried about 6 years ago but the locals made too many head aches for them so they could be bothered though there is a demade for a marine park. the business would grow to suite them. we still have tropiccal beach

figured as much. it will be a long time before there is a marina here, floating or otherwise, koh som or samui. unfortunate really, waking up to some sunshine and a nice breeze, looks like a great day to be sailing.

I see they have extended the bundwalls at the boat lagoon here in plailam to accommodate alot more boats, if they just installed some floating pontoons now it would start to resemble a marina

I had also heard that the pier in fishermans village was to be removed and replaced by a 75meter long floating pontoon

figured as much. it will be a long time before there is a marina here, floating or otherwise, koh som or samui. unfortunate really, waking up to some sunshine and a nice breeze, looks like a great day to be sailing.

I see they have extended the bundwalls at the boat lagoon here in plailam to accommodate alot more boats, if they just installed some floating pontoons now it would start to resemble a marina

I had also heard that the pier in fishermans village was to be removed and replaced by a 75meter long floating pontoon

about 5 years ago. they were going to build a govment airport in lipa noi, a marina park and a dulich school.

all 3 fell through.

lost of people bought land when they herd the rumers thinking that it would shoot up in value but that was a negatory good buffy B)