Horrible Incident - Horrible Farrang

BazilFox

A horrible incident happened a few days ago to a lovely mild mannered 60 year old Englishman in Hua Hin.

A local bar owner form America/Canada went into the Railway Tavern where he was abusive to customers, he ended up assaulting the Bar Owner who is 60 years old dislocating his shoulder and cracking some ribs a Thai lady in the bar lossed some teeth, a further farrang was pushed over some parked motorbikes on this crazy drunks exit.

I know the Englishman personally he is a very mild mannered 60 year old who minds his own business, shocking really.

The drunk abusive American/Canadian runs a run down breakfast bar called the <name removed> he rents this bar, I will report him to immigration to check his papers, I suggest everyone who goes to this place goes somewhere else (not that many do).

Anyone else know anything?

Edited by katabeachbum
Name removed as per ThaiVisa no naming & shaming policy.

Either he is an American or a Canadian. I don't think you can be both ? It certainly makes a change from the usual aggressor being English rather than the victim. Battering a 60 odd year old and a Thai woman isn't exactly the done thing though regardless of nationality.

Either he is an American or a Canadian. I don't think you can be both ? It certainly makes a change from the usual aggressor being English rather than the victim. Battering a 60 odd year old and a Thai woman isn't exactly the done thing though regardless of nationality.

Don't think so.

And if he really did this, why hasn't the farang put some cash up and sent the thai women tto the BiB? Would get the job done quite fast.

Edited by Rimmer
Racist flame

Some people have two passports and nationalities. As for '...usual agressor being (pick nationality)..." - pardon my French, but this is a stupid (not personally meant) stereotype. Also, what would you do 'back home' - call the police?

It certainly makes a change from the usual aggressor being English .

Deary me!

And there was me thinking that racism was soley the found in the Pattaya local forum.

:rolleyes:

Not that i don't think Dunc's comment was silly, but " English " is not or are not a " race " of people therefore someone can't be racist by being insulting towards the English ( which i am for the record )..

It's teh saem for anyone who calls some a " * insert country name * Idiot "

That's not being racist.

Race = an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, esp. formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.

Lesson over anyway & ..:D

& Bazil, don't go to Immigration, go & give the Fella one square on the Jaw for the Old Boy & Thai Lady & other Farang if you feel that strongly..;)

Deary me!

And there was me thinking that racism was soley the found in the Pattaya local forum.

Not that i don't think Dunc's comment was silly, but " English " is not or are not a " race " of people therefore someone can't be racist by being insulting towards the English ( which i am for the record )..

That's not being racist.

Race = an arbitrary classification of modern humans, sometimes, esp. formerly, based on any or a combination of various physical characteristics, as skin color, facial form, or eye shape, and now frequently based on such genetic markers as blood groups.

& Bazil, don't go to Immigration, go & give the Fella one square on the Jaw for the Old Boy & Thai Lady & other Farang if you feel that strongly..;)

Actually (to be a little less arbitrary ) ... "A race is a distinct population of humans distinguished in some way from other humans. The most widely observed races are those based on skin color, facial features, ancestry, genetics, and national origin. Conceptions of race, as well as specific racial groupings, are often controversial due to their political and sociological uses and implications. "

So, yes, it was a racist comment. Now the lesson is over.

Edited by wolf5370

Deary me!

He never misses a chance!

quite boring really.

Edited by MAJIC

what was he a canadian or an american.thats like saying was he thai or cambodian?

If he runs the bar mentioned in the earlier posts (before the edits), he is definitely not from the U.S.A. I go there for burgers and beers occasionally and I've never met another American in there. I know most of the American owned bars and restaurants in town, being a long time Hua Hin American expat and that is not one of them, unless it has changed hands recently.

Edited by hhfarang

Deary me!

That's not being racist.

Actually (to be a little less arbitrary ) ... "A race is a distinct population of humans distinguished in some way from other humans. The most widely observed races are those based on skin color, facial features, ancestry, genetics, and national origin. Conceptions of race, as well as specific racial groupings, are often controversial due to their political and sociological uses and implications. "

I was waiting for some know it all to get it completely wrong and jump in there.

Thank you Kru wolf

Lesson over, Schools out

:P

Jim

Deary me!

That's not being racist.

Oh well, typically within the subject, it is misunderstood..:)

Says it all about racism..

What part of North America are you from ??

Deary me!

That's not being racist.

I was waiting for some know it all to get it completely wrong and jump in there.

Thank you Kru wolf

Lesson over, Schools out

Jim

I didn't get any of it wrong Mensa Candidate, i just didn't see teh rest of the meaning of it which, if i did, i wouldn't have wrote what i did...;)

Edited by MSingh

He is Canadian.

The English guy has a broken arm, the Thai Lady has a chipped front tooth and a missing tooth and heavy grazing to her legs, he actually man handled her and threw her out of her bar onto the road (what a brave man this Canadian git is,a wife beater).

Anyone who wants to know the name of the bar run by the Canadian PM me, everyone has the right to know the type of people running a business.

The incident has been reported to the Police, two meetings have ocurred with the Police, so lets wait and see.

60 year old man who is known to be mild mannered gentleman and a Thai lady, what a brave guy this canadian wife beater is.

Edited by BazilFox

I didn't get any of it wrong Mensa Candidate, i just didn't see teh rest of the meaning of it which, if i did, i wouldn't have wrote what i did...;)

So just to be clear if you had read all of it, because I mean who really reads anything all the way to the end certainly not us mensa candidates(!), you wouldn't have written (copy/pasted) that which you did as it would have been incorrect yes?

Ahh I get it now. You weren't wrong just incorrect. Its all clear now.

Jog on

Edited by JimmyChoons

So just to be clear if you had read all of it, because I mean who really reads anything all the way to the end certainly not us mensa candidates(!), you wouldn't have written (copy/pasted) that which you did as it would have been incorrect yes?

Jog on

Mensa ? You sound more like Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys...

Jog on

Mensa ? You sound more like Ricky from the Trailer Park Boys...

ha ha ha good one(!)

But what has that got to do with either misunderstanding the term racism or the OP?

Just fancied starting a slanging match? Grow up you mug.

what was he a canadian or an american.thats like saying was he thai or cambodian?

Thais and Cambodians speak different languages. Americans and Canadians speak the same language and to someone who has no ear for the different accents it's not easy to differentiate between them.

either way if he is mexican, a yank or canadian they are all in america hence americans. imo there is a great deal missing from the story, mild mannered brits can cause problems too. B)

Hey don't tar us all with the same brush... this is Hua Hin not Pattaya! Thats like me saying the American guy probably couldn't hold his beer, or had a crap sense of humour! Anyone in the wrong place at the wrong time can be a target. I have only ever had trouble twice in LOS and both times it was drunk Americans on holiday wanting to fight over something stupid. But hey, you probably can't hear me down here with you being sat so high in your tower!