Bringing A Cat Into Thailand

marko56

Hi,

Can a non immigrant B Visa holder bring their house cat into Thailand without the cat being quarantined? Obviously proper vaccinations would be required. Is it a hassle.

Also, does anyone know of serviced apartments along the BTS lines in the 20,000 or less category that permit cats.

Thanks,

Mark

All depends on whether kittie intends to work. Ratting is a profession reserved for Thai moggies only. Bring a copy of the cat's ID, letter from your embassy stating the animal is indeed a cat. Bring originals of any qualifications the cat may have. Certificate from a vet stating the cat is fit and healthy. Letter from the landlord allowing the cat on his premises. Bank statements showing the cat has sufficient funds to support a stay in Thailand.

Take all the above to Immigration and they'll be sure to spot you missed a vital document and need to pay a 5,000 baht bribe to resolve the problem.

Seriously, though, friends of mine have brought dogs into Thailand without hassles or quarantine, so it shouldn't be different for cats.

brought in a dog and cat with her kittens. Needed certification from a registered vet that they were all rabies and things like parvovirus and kennel cough free / had been vaccinated and were in otherwise good health.

If you are coming from UK, have a word with Air Pets at Heathrow. They are very helpful.

• 6 years later...

All depends on whether kittie intends to work. Ratting is a profession reserved for Thai moggies only. Bring a copy of the cat's ID, letter from your embassy stating the animal is indeed a cat. Bring originals of any qualifications the cat may have. Certificate from a vet stating the cat is fit and healthy. Letter from the landlord allowing the cat on his premises. Bank statements showing the cat has sufficient funds to support a stay in Thailand.

Take all the above to Immigration and they'll be sure to spot you missed a vital document and need to pay a 5,000 baht bribe to resolve the problem.

Seriously, though, friends of mine have brought dogs into Thailand without hassles or quarantine, so it shouldn't be different for cats.

Loved this post, DavidM. Really made my evening - had people checking me out with the chuckles. You are so right. rolleyes.gif

I've posted my experience on another thread. As you say, no hassles or quarantine. As long as you're a falang and bring it from the west, obviously it must be healthier and better cared for than Thai pets, and this is an unusual occurrence when thai immo/customs recognizes that!