Dean And Deluca Review

cwldanny

Taken from

Bangkok Gastronomy

172.JPG

Originally from the great state of New York, Dean and Deluca has opened up their first outlet in front of the Mahanakhon Project right beside the Chongnonsi BTS Station. Quoting themselves as "Purveyors of Fine Foods," I wanted to see for myself if they could live up to that title. Although they had launched their store since last year, I only recently had the opportunity to pay them a visit. The shop sells a selection of bakery items such as cakes and pastries as well as sandwiches, quick-serve food, various salads and of course coffees and other beverages such as smoothies. This will be a review for Dean and Deluca, Bangkok.

The front of Dean and Deluca

189.JPG

The ordering station

166.JPG

The cafe is very easy to find, located directly beside the Chongnonsi BTS Station. There is free parking for patrons as well which makes stopping by very convenient. When we entered through the large (and I mean VERY large) doors, we could see almost every table being occupied.

Perhaps there is no where better to go on a Sunday afternoon?

168.JPG

The ordering system at Dean and Deluca Bangkok leaves much room to improve on. When entering the line, a waiter took our order and passed it to the cashier, who then gave us a little number tag (But we still had to wait for our beverage at the counter) The cafe is pretty much self-service, and you'll have o fetch your own cutlery, napkins, and table. Luckily for us, we managed to grab a spot by the window on the high-table.

Chocolate Tower Cake

174.JPG

Another shot of our Ice Cappuccino and Salmon and Cream Cheese Bagel (And a view of the outside seating)

178.JPG

Crowds of people waiting to order

179.JPG

Seating Arrangement in Dean and Deluca Bangkok

182.JPG

Dean and Deluca also sells herbs, different cooking ingredients as well as hampers, gift baskets and other cuisine-related in one section of its restaurant.

Food Display and Order Station

186.JPG

Outside Seating

187.JPG

In front of Dean and Deluca Bangkok

192.JPG

The total bill for our Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bagel, Chocolate Tower Cake and Cappuccino came to 450 Baht. Overall the quality of food here is definitely higher than what you would get at the average bakery, the coffee had good texture and smell, and the cake was also delicious. Although you will be paying a higher price, do expect to fight for seats and fetch your own food if the cafe becomes busy. I will definitely recommend Dean and Deluca Bangkok to anybody who wants to stop by for a quick bite, sample some sandwiches and maybe even take home a cake or two.

-------------------------------

Dean and Deluca (3.5/5) BBB

Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/ddbkk)

Edited by cwldanny

Good review. I have eaten there many times and have found the food to be very good quality and the prices are reasonable for what you get.

Have you tried the Salmon and Salad with a bowl of potato salad on the side...yummy....might walk up from Phuket tomorrow just for lunch

Good review. I have eaten there many times and have found the food to be very good quality and the prices are reasonable for what you get.

Have you tried the Salmon and Salad with a bowl of potato salad on the side...yummy....might walk up from Phuket tomorrow just for lunch

I just had the salmon and salad for the second there a couple fo days ago. It was great.

I like your reviews and If one day you will be in Koh Phangan, happy to receive a so professional review for my restaurant.:whistling:

So like to see confidence in a restauranteur! :):rolleyes:

Smokes be careful mate or I will send a polar bear your way to eat the avatar! ;)

I like your reviews and If one day you will be in Koh Phangan, happy to receive a so professional review for my restaurant.:whistling:

So like to see confidence in a restauranteur! :):rolleyes:

Smokes be careful mate or I will send a polar bear your way to eat the avatar! ;)

You're not STILL seeing the xmas penguin surely? :lol:

D&D has no "service" in the traditional restaurant meaning of the word.... They're set up cafeteria style, meaning you go to the counter, order what you want from what's on display, pay your bill, and then go sit down usually with your drinks. Later, a server will bring your food to your table... But you're pretty much responsible for everything else....On my visits there, they've been pretty proficient at executing that kind of minimalist approach.

My mother (and father) had in past ordered the frozen food sent to home to give her a break from cooking every so often. When I was back...we found the steaks to be fair, but not worth the money. No comparison to Ruth's Chris restaurant served fresh OR even primo meat on a good day at the local supermarket (they are now retired in a rural area). The prepared stuff was over priced and nothing much to speak of although a single guy with loads of money who is likes to eat well but not deluded he is some gourmand may find the stuff fine. Two steps above Sysco about all I can say.