Gold Shop Robbery

jimbeam1

Hi All

I live near Bang Na (Bangkok) On the news a couple of nights ago, they showed, scenes at a gold shop near us that had been robbed that day. Ok today we were walking past the shop, the bib were all over the place, along with reporters and TV cameras plus a large crowd, it looked like a celebrity, shop opening. I asked my girlfriend what was happening. She told me that the police were bringing the man back to the shop. Why I asked. In Thailand they do this, is the best answer I could get. So my question is does anyone know why they do this. I thought maybe a crime reconstruction? But they've got the guy, surely it is just a matter of Court, guilty, nick. Or maybe not. Any answers will do. :unsure:

It makes the Police good thats all . probably a local villain that has not payed his tea money. They will stand there and point there finger at him maybe hit him a few times on camera. If he was in th UK and wisped human rights they would give him compo a council house and dole the rest of his life, unless he was actually British then all that would happen is the working mans tax would go up.

I thought crime reenactment at the scene of crime was routine in many countries including USA and France among others?? Have been seeing them on television here very regularly and always wondered whether it had any use other than PR and some sensational reporting.

It makes the Police good thats all . probably a local villain that has not payed his tea money. They will stand there and point there finger at him maybe hit him a few times on camera. If he was in th UK and wisped human rights they would give him compo a council house and dole the rest of his life, unless he was actually British then all that would happen is the working mans tax would go up.

+1

A picture is worth a thousand words. Re-enactment must therefore be worth a million. A sad reflection of the mental capabilities of BiB is my take. Factor in the loss of face of the crim.

Isn't this practice prejudicial to a fair trial?

A picture is worth a thousand words. Re-enactment must therefore be worth a million. A sad reflection of the mental capabilities of BiB is my take. Factor in the loss of face of the crim.

Isn't this practice prejudicial to a fair trial?

There are no jury trials in Thailand, so can't contaminate a jury pool with this on tv. Guessing he's confessed anyway if he's doing the reenactment

Why oh why do these `perps ` agree to `play a part` in re-enactments , it seems to me that its pre-trial by media and the resulting court case is a forgone conclusion by their taking part in this charade !

He and a lot of other people Innocent and guilty have confessed, after a few beatings and threats.So i guess they use American training videos to secure Information to get a result.