Pattaya A-Go-Go Staff Beat Up Foreign And Hi-So Customers

Rimmer

I know some of them, the male model in the pic, Justin (Jestin? <deleted>?), is an aquaintance as is his girfriend also pictured.

Besides the injuries they said they also felt sad as this was their first time in Pattaya, and it had turned out like this
that's kinda nonsense 'cos he's defo there alot of the time and his girlfriend's shop is there too.... classy reporting that.

I happen to know him as a nice polite and well behaved guy - as is his girlfriend. What happened that evening of course I cannot tell. Shall try to get some more from the horses mouth so to speak....from the pic of the beaten up lady and the lady seated I reckon I also know who they are and which restaurant they own. Anyway all I'm saying is maybe I can get some more of the story and if it's fit to print, shall post here.

A poster who has been a member of TV for 2+ years with only 4 posts. Yeah you have credibility here....:whistling:

What's that got to do with anything? You don't want people to come in here and begin posting?

I am not posting anything contentious, just trying to add a little to the discussion. Like I said, I shall just try to get some more info and post it here, granted that info would be rather one-sided as it'll come from the "victims" but it's a contribution nonetheless no? Fact is I simply see that I may have a bit of usefulness to contribute and I fancied doing so.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"After Ms Tida made her complaints the manager said " I don't care how big you are around here, I am the mafia. Not even the police dares to mess with me and my people. Who the hell do you think you are?"."

:whistling:

Around mid-day on the 9th February 2011 Police General Nantawut Suwanlaorng, Police Officials Pattaya received complaints from Mr. Jestin Elekjoseph, 28, and Mr. Johnny Wittel ,28, both Canadian magazine models, along with their friends, Mr. Keri Chill 27, Ms. Tida Thannawan 45, Ms. Sopa Thanawan 43, Ms. Nuarat Samsaen 43.

So the old(er) women had some younger gigs, Canadian magazine models for undeveloped bodies and the gigs started to look at the ping pong balls and flying bananas. :jap:

the couple I know have been together for about 4 or 5 years

What's that got to do with anything? You don't want people to come in here and begin posting?

I am not posting anything contentious, just trying to add a little to the discussion. Like I said, I shall just try to get some more info and post it here, granted that info would be rather one-sided as it'll come from the "victims" but it's a contribution nonetheless no? Fact is I simply see that I may have a bit of usefulness to contribute and I fancied doing so.

Claiming personal knowledge of the situation requires a leap of faith that is easier to take if there is a track record to back it up. A person who hasn't posted a peep for 2 years suddenly appears to champion the good nature of their "Friends" - suspicious, however true it might be. :whistling:

Don't take this the wrong way as I am a long time resident of Pattaya and I love it, but there is no way that any genuine Hi-so Thai would dream of owning any business in Pattaya, and would rather die than be seen in a place like Walking Street.

Sorry, but Pattaya isn't on the Hi-so's radar - by definition.

Hi-so is an noun often misunderstood by farangs (who obviously wrote this news story) and refers to Hi society Thais, who mainly live in Bangkok, are either related to royalty or come from very prestigious, multi-millionaire families, are educated at either exclusive Thai private schools, or more often at private schools in Europe or the USA, are usually obscenely rich and attend hi-so events and functions in Bangkok, go to exclusive clubs and buy their imported cars and expensive jewellery from Siam Paragon, get married at the oriental Hotel, jet off for holidays to Cannes, have long weekends at their country homes in places like Hua Hin, and never...ever come to Pattaya....

A hi-so Thai owning a jewellery shop in Pattaya???? She would be ostracised and insulted mercilessly by her peers.

What we have here is a wealthy Thai, quite possibly from a respectable family.... But Hi-so - never.

If a hi-so were ever to find herself in such a predicament, even though by definition it couldn't happen in Pattaya - she would be able to make one call to 'Daddy' and some of Daddy's nice Police General friends would quickly make the problem go away - including the bar owner....

Ohhhh, these poor babies, had to learn the hard way. Good to know these Hi-So kids can not behave like they want everywhere.

OK, feel free to hang me high now, but the behaiviour of most of the Hi-So AH is not really respectfull towards "normal" Thais

Claiming personal knowledge of the situation requires a leap of faith that is easier to take if there is a track record to back it up. A person who hasn't posted a peep for 2 years suddenly appears to champion the good nature of their "Friends" - suspicious, however true it might be. :whistling:

Point taken Som Tum Tiger but they are not "friends", they are aquaintances as I said and I am not championing their good nature. I am really not interested in whether they are the good guys or the bad guys in this story, I just happen to know them and my girlfriend is trying to get the low-down from their side (as she knows the jewellery shop owner rather well). That's it, really. If I get more on the story, I'll post it.

I think far too many businesses in Thailand as well as many of you on this board have forgotten the old adage that the customer is always right (or at least presumed to be). If you are a bar or business of any kind you don't go around beating up your customers, There is NO EXCUSE FOR IT. Any bar that allows this to happen is announcing loud and clear that it despises its own customers and is running its business for the benefit of its own staff (and profit). If these go go bars are really tied in with the police, all they have to do if they are having trouble with a customer is call the police who will then come in, remove the unruly customer/customers and put them in the monkey house. I'm now going to tell a story about what happened to me in Egypt many years ago. Can anyone here honestly say they can imagine it happening here in Pattaya.

Many years ago when I was married my wife and I were looking at the exhibits in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. On the upper floor there was a security guard. My wife and I briefly separated so that she could look at exhibits she was interested in on one end of the floor while I went to the opposite end. Right before we were to exit the building my wife told me the security guard followed her into one of the exhibit areas and tried to feel her up. I went ballistic. We walked through the entry/exit doors where there were all these tourists lined up waiting their turn and I started mouthing off about the security guard trying to feel my wife up. Needless to say, employees around us were clearly embarrassed by the incident so they quietly readmitted us into the building and took us to the curator's office. The curator politely greeted us in his office. A wiry Egyptian soon came into the room who I assume was head of security. The curator, who was a finely educated man with a PHD, had someone get us both soft drinks and a fruit plate, then he gave me a copy of the museum's magazine to read. He then asked my wife to go with him and the head of security. The curator and my wife returned a few minutes later. After we finally left the museum she told me, "Here you got to read that magazine in the curator's office while chowing down on all that fruit, and having a soft drink and I had to go upstairs to identify the security guard. Then we were all taken to this little room where the curator and head of security put the guard in a chair. After that I had to watch the head of security beat the guard up, punching him repeatedly in the head right in front of me while he was still sitting in the chair."

The message was clear. Customers were to be respected simply because they were customers and any employee who didn't treat the customers with respect would be dealt with very severely.

Edited by jackcorbett

Lessons I have learned after 9 years 8 months in Thailand:

Do Not Complain! Do Not Get Into Conflict Situations.

Bangkok, Nana

2:30 a.m. I asked a bar near my place to turn down the bass, not the volume, just the bass.

The manager said they would do it. I said thank you! As I walked away she and the bouncer said "fxxk you as..h..e! Go to Hxll!" I turned and said "now why did you have to say that." They then let out a barrage of insults. I saw they were blowing their tops and turned, walked back down Soi 4 to my place. They followed along with a few others from the bar. I live down an alley and they stood at the front of the alley and hurled insults. A motorbike driver from across the street also joined them and pushed me up against the wall and was about to strike me when the bouncer told him to stop. The bouncer and manager then continued to hurl insults. Other expats sitting in an outdoor alley bar told them to go away as the insults were bothering them. I saw an opening and walked across the alley to my door and went upstairs.

I see the bouncer all of the time when passing the bar. Sometimes we look each other in the eye as I pass by. I have never seen the lady manager. Of course I do not give my business to that bar and have suggested other venues when friends mention the bar. Because I was not sure which motorbike driver rushed across the street, I have taken the same motorbike driver and we have an unspoken agreement to "not remember" the incident. Like many foreigners here I am fairly big, strong and a trained, undefeated NCAA (USA) wrestler. Like many expats here I know that one NCAA wrestler against 10 or 20 Thais eager to "let off steam" is a possible hospitalization or death situation.

My theory...Thai people mind their manners and keep smiles on their face according to the culture so much that sometimes they "have had it up to here" and "blow their top." Nevertheless, there should be something the Thai authorities may do to correct this situation.

And this is what I love about Thai law. No mention of the club out of fear they will sue. :lol:

One more reason this crap happens over and over. Not only are there no consequences, but you can't even name the place.

Did we read the same article??:whistling: Not only is the name of the bar mentioned, but also the street address. On the contrary, what is not mentioned is the name of the "famous jewellery business" which the 3 Hiso ladies own. I would have loved to read the reactions here if instead of 2 Canadian models, they happened to be say Russian??

Please be careful what you say here. The Canadian that was attacked is not a model but is a fairly well known and very talented singer who performed on Broadway (google Cary Shields). He happens to be one of the nicest people I have ever met and in this case, true to form, he came to the defence of the Thai women who were being bullied by these thugs. For his sins, they fell upon him in a Thai style group beating and gave him a broken nose, several cracked ribs and a night in the hospital. Cary performs in Pattaya nightly at a well known restaurant out on the point.

Edited by apalink_thailand

RULES

I have been coming to Pattaya for about 10 years now and have managed to stay out of trouble, despite the nature of the place, the nature of the workers and the kind of foreigners we often get here. My rules for avoiding trouble are currently 1. don't go to Walking Street 2. don't rent jet skis 3. don't rent cars or motorbikes 4. avoid Thai men 5. avoid any Thai's who are drunk or druggy types 6. get one drink at a time, check the bill every time, never drink in a place where they keep the bill at the bar 7. never order a drink without first knowing the price 8. never lend or borrow money 9. never become "entrenched", always be an "outsider", albeit a friendly and polite one 10. never flaunt wealth or money 11. use your hotel safe deposit box 12. in the event of a dispute over money, be willing to lose and never return to that place, if you follow ther basic rules the amounts won't be large 13. trust your instincts

Maybe other people have some suggestions to add.

Thai A-go-go bar are not different then any other striptease or Cabaret bars around the world; and the rules are the same; pay respect to the people working there.

I own a Striptease bar in Belgium, and I can tell you that we have to deal with a lot of <deleted> all night the pay no respect to the girls or the staff working there, drunk ass holes, or so called "hi-so" people that thinks that because they have money they can boss everybody around and talk shit to the people.

I have been in many bars around Thailand and NEVER had any problem; even when the bill is higher then expected, I always smile, speak thai, and ask for discount, I never pay more then 100 Bhat above the menu price, and that's normally the tip I leave them in any case.

Staff in A-gogo go bars do not attack customers for no reason.. that's not how they make money. The fact that Ms. Tida (The HiSO) thai was attached by the girls, lead me to believe that she talk to them no nicely and insulted them. This type of reaction is "normal" when these Hiso types think that because they are from another social level they can talk shit to the working girls. The closing time of the bars are 2AM and the Thai Hi-So should have known that. At 3:15AM they were asked to leave and refused.. probably talking shit to the staff.. There are two sides to this story.

To avoid problems; treat everybody with respect, and when people are not nice to you or just try to screw you, leave the place!

Why suspicious?

OK someone is a member reads but doesn't post,fair enough.

Along comes a topic in which they have a pretty unique position in that they know some of the victims.

So they post.

Seems allot more believable to me than some keyboard warrior who is the frigging expert on everything, constantly posting their BS opinions on everything and anything day in and day frigging out.

I know who's opinion I would take more notice of.

Edited by kevkev1888

Why suspicious?

OK someone is a member reads but doesn't post,fair enough.

Along comes a topic in which they have a pretty unique position in that they know some of the victims.

So they post.

Seems allot more believable to me than some keyboard warrior who is the frigging expert on everything, constantly posting their BS opinions on everything day in and day frigging out.

I know who's opinion I would take more notice of.

I am a keyboard warrior - I've got the tats to prove it! :jap:

And these 2 young Canadian models lost 8500,000 (8.5 million) in lost earnings as they could not do a show in Bangkok on 16th Feb...:angry:

8.5 million my rear end. There's no way they were getting paid that much..especially as male models.

Really?! How do you know how much models earn???? You've been one before? Sorry in my experience good models earn a bit.

Good male models make a good leaving sir. :jap: It's a bit sad that people do get abused in bars, and nobody can do anything about it!

Go to the Full Story noted above (http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2011/02/10/a-go-go-staff-beat-up-hi-so-guests/) and find out which bar it was on Walking Street.

Then you will know which bar to AVOID! No need to get near such violent people, especially when they say they are MAFIA and also mention "getting their guns".

There is absolutely no reason for physical violence like this - let that bar go out of business and let those violent people go back to the countryside.

99% of prostitutes are non-consent forced sex slaves and 99% of prostitutes customers think prostitutes are free spirits

How many did you sleep with to come up with that percentage?

Ahhh the ignorant are starting to infiltrate tv

Second that, aneliane has absolutely no idea what she is talking about and seriously sounds like a priveleged western imperialist who has no understanding of different cultures, mores etc.

Aneliane, I don't support prostitution either, but get off your high horse, you are not better than everyone else :(

And these 2 young Canadian models lost 8500,000 (8.5 million) in lost earnings as they could not do a show in Bangkok on 16th Feb...:angry:

8.5 million my rear end. There's no way they were getting paid that much..especially as male models.

Really?! How do you know how much models earn???? You've been one before? Sorry in my experience good models earn a bit.

Good male models make a good leaving sir. :jap: It's a bit sad that people do get abused in bars, and nobody can do anything about it!

You are right - good models earn high salaries. Models don't travel and do shows in foreign countries unless the money is good.

It is sad if the authorities cannot do anything about it. However, the public can do something - Don't patronize that bar.

Well my in-depth contacts :whistling: in this case don't appear to be able yield any truly juicy stuff on this story :rolleyes: but just got a call from my gf who spoke with the girl involved (the jewellery store owner) whose side of the story goes, very uninterestingly I might add, like this:

They were drinking in said bar until fairly late [like that's something new in Pattaya....] and according to her the conversation wasn't about them having to leave, the confrontation allegedly began because the small time mafia types who own that and another couple of bars said something rude to the girls [ladies] and this had to be dealt with by the guys [whatever that means] and it ended up in fisticuffs and everyone's just fine. So thanks for the concern [ok I made that last little bit up]

What is maybe quite interesting is that the ladies on the end of the beating are rather well connected locally so there could be some "afters" which is always more fun. All sounds like some small time local mafia stuff on the simmer.

Pattaya and Phuket (in general) plus Patpong (Particularly upstairs bars) have many problems nowadays and best to kept clear of.

Soi Cowboy is not bad (but they still do not take any shit from anyone), Nana never seems to have many problems either.

The whole mafia scene in Thailand now is getting out of control. The police are taking kickbacks from them but they still need to control them to a degree, they are so lazy they are not even bothering anymore. As long as they get their money they don't really give a shit about anyone.

This High-So complaint, being high profile, will just be a pain in the ass for them because they may have to actually get up off their ass's and look as if they are doing something about it. Poor guys, don't ya feel sorry for them? 5555555555555555

Pattaya A-Go-Go Staff Beat Up Foreign And Hi-So Customers

What ? You mean people who enjoy waching sex slaves having to humiliate themselves for a couple of dollars and a life of mistreatments and misery, get beaten up?

What is really surprising to me, is that they dare to complain and that people do feel compassionate about this.

FYI in Sweeden prostitution customers are getting criminalized and IMO so should customers of GOGO Bars.

99% of prostitutes are non-consent forced sex slaves and 99% of prostitutes customers think prostitutes are free spirits

What's the name again of that so called no profit organisation you are working for?"

I absolutely totally disagree with you. The customer is always right. There are too many apologists here and elsewhere for Thai bad behavior and this is a small part of the reason these kinds of incidents keep occurring. As for strip clubs around the world, yes, it does happen. But this is not the norm. In fact, the opposite is true at least in the U.S. where strip clubs are running scared simply because they will be presumed to be the guilty party because of the puritanical mindset of many of my fellow Americans. I will provide two incidents involving two clubs in two different U.S. states.

Incident 1. This occurred at the Platinum Club in Brooklyn, IL which is next to East St. Louis. I was in the office with Frank Marcello who was then general manager of the club. A waitress came into Frank's office who told Frank a customer wanted to complain about his wallet being stolen in the club's "private area". Frank had an intricate system of security cameras throughout the club and he had a computer monitor in his office. He had something similar to a computer mouse attached to his monitoring setup. The cameras filmed everything within their range so Frank was able to review what the security camera had picked up where the alleged theft took place. Frank went through the video, not once but many times. He'd zoom in on a table next to the couch where the dancer was giving her customer a private dance. There was an ill defined object on the table that could well have been the guy's wallet. It never moved throughout the video. Neither the dancer nor anyone else made a move on it or on anything that might have been in the customer's pockets. It was obvious that if the customer had been relieved of his wallet it certainly was not in the club's private room. After reviewing the video Frank concluded that the customer had been lying about the entire incident. Then he had the waitress bring the customer up to his office. Frank told the customer that he had reviewed the video and that there was no evidence for a theft having taken place. Then he bought the customer a drink. Afterwards Frank told me "the customer is always right" and that even though the club was not guilty of any theft taking place it was important to keep good will between the customers and the club.

Incident 2. I was staying at the club owner's house. The name of the club was Stimmelators. It's in North Webster, Indiana and the owner was Sam Stimmel. I was on the bottom floor of the club drinking beer with friends when all of a sudden there was a lot of commotion between me and the club's front entrance. The D.J. was arguing with two customers. I knew the D.J. quite well and was good friends with Sam so I was pretty sure the customers were out of line so I approached the D.J. and the customers to give any assistance that might be needed. There was a cloud of smoke all around me and as I went through it I started to sneeze a bit and I started blaming myself for being a weakling..."Here I am needed and I'm not at 100 percent because I get a sneeze at the wrong time." The two customers went outside and I followed them. There lying on the sidewalk right in front of the door was a man who had been performing some management duties for the club. He had this guey stuff all over his glasses and he was sputtering and sneezing and unable to get up. What had happened it the two customers had come into the club with a can of pepper spray and cut loose with it. ONe of the dancers on the stage close by did a header into the stage floor and had to be taken to the hospital and the man lying on the ground had gotten it square in the face. By this time all the customers and dancers were coming out of the club coughing and sneezing. Now outside the club I saw the two customers get into a car and they started to drive slowly up the street to the traffic light. I ran up behind them, memorized the license plate number and gave it to one of the club's other customers who called it in to the Indiana police. The club owner, Sam Stimmel was then driven by another customer about ten miles up the highway where the Indiana State police had finally caught up and pulled over the two culprits. Sam got out of the car and told the police "those are the two guys who have sprayed my club." The police told Sam to get back into the car and shut up. They nearly arrested Sam. And they let the two culprits drive off without further incident.

Bad club owners and managers in the U.S. might be guilty of abusing customers but such clubs do not last long. Most clubs try to be far more considerate of their customers than non-strip club bars due to the political points that politicians can gain with the neo-Puritans from punishing clubs that offend them.

RULES

I have been coming to Pattaya for about 10 years now and have managed to stay out of trouble, despite the nature of the place, the nature of the workers and the kind of foreigners we often get here. My rules for avoiding trouble are currently 1. don't go to Walking Street 2. don't rent jet skis 3. don't rent cars or motorbikes 4. avoid Thai men 5. avoid any Thai's who are drunk or druggy types 6. get one drink at a time, check the bill every time, never drink in a place where they keep the bill at the bar 7. never order a drink without first knowing the price 8. never lend or borrow money 9. never become "entrenched", always be an "outsider", albeit a friendly and polite one 10. never flaunt wealth or money 11. use your hotel safe deposit box 12. in the event of a dispute over money, be willing to lose and never return to that place, if you follow ther basic rules the amounts won't be large 13. trust your instincts

Maybe other people have some suggestions to add.

Thai A-go-go bar are not different then any other striptease or Cabaret bars around the world; and the rules are the same; pay respect to the people working there.

I own a Striptease bar in Belgium, and I can tell you that we have to deal with a lot of <deleted> all night the pay no respect to the girls or the staff working there, drunk ass holes, or so called "hi-so" people that thinks that because they have money they can boss everybody around and talk shit to the people.

I have been in many bars around Thailand and NEVER had any problem; even when the bill is higher then expected, I always smile, speak thai, and ask for discount, I never pay more then 100 Bhat above the menu price, and that's normally the tip I leave them in any case.

Staff in A-gogo go bars do not attack customers for no reason.. that's not how they make money. The fact that Ms. Tida (The HiSO) thai was attached by the girls, lead me to believe that she talk to them no nicely and insulted them. This type of reaction is "normal" when these Hiso types think that because they are from another social level they can talk shit to the working girls. The closing time of the bars are 2AM and the Thai Hi-So should have known that. At 3:15AM they were asked to leave and refused.. probably talking shit to the staff.. There are two sides to this story.

To avoid problems; treat everybody with respect, and when people are not nice to you or just try to screw you, leave the place!

Edited by jackcorbett

You are right - good models earn high salaries. Models don't travel and do shows in foreign countries unless the money is good.

It is sad if the authorities cannot do anything about it. However, the public can do something - Don't patronize that bar.

There are plenty of foreign 'models' in Thailand and other Asian countries that hardly make money at all

Agree to disagree here - particularly Pattaya - even if you're in the right - and you can get a beating.

Incidentally - there are a few places on Khoa San Road - Bangkok - which are frequented by foreigners whose Thai staff are only too happy to attack their customers if the opportunity arises even for the slightest and most trivial of excuses.

I must agree. The majority of Thais keep thinking that high season is going to save them but never comes. Then the bills come due, they get frustrated and take it out on the people paying the freight. this crap would never be tolerated in most western countries and definitely not in the U.S. This type of behavior would result in firings and a load of personal injury lawsuits.