Spicchio Pizza

Dr. Burrito

I think that pizza at Spicchio's is quite good. There are different types of outlets; the smallest can be found in some BTS locations, all the food is prepared in a central kitchen and then delivered to these shops, medium, again in some BTS stations (Mo Chit) where some dishes are prepared on-site (pizza) and then a large shop (like the one on the corner of Sukhumvit/Soi 3, new multi-story red/white building) where all dishes are prepared on-site including pizza and pasta dishes.

The pizza is well-made with quality ingredients. The crust is thin-medium, the sauce is tasty and the toppings are excellent. They use a hot oven, and the pizza compares favorably with east-coast (U.S.A.) thin crust pizza. The pasta dishes are OK.

I am not sure of all the locations, I tried searching but came up empty. There was an article on the founder/company in The Nation or Bangkok Post over the last five months. I think they started in 2004, and are franchising those three different types of shops, so more locations are opening.

I think they deliver, maybe just from the larger shops?

I've been to the Nana shop maybe 5 times. The dishes all have a nice "idea" to them, but the execution is just average. Everything seems like a distant, bland version of the original, which is to be expected. I guess it's the ingredients (especially the cheese, as in the rest of Thailand) that sort of limits the quality, again, which is to be expected. Anyway, the place is clean, reasonably priced, good service, and is a little different than the usual, which is why I go back now and again. I give it a B-

lomatopo, I don't want to be combative, but where do you get your pizza on the East Coast? I think Spicchio would go out of business (on a pizza basis) in NY, Jersey, or Philly, but would survive in Boston (my town), where pizza is of wildly varying quality.

DD

lomatopo,  I don't want to be combative, but where do you get your pizza on the East Coast? I think Spicchio would go out of business (on a pizza basis) in NY, Jersey, or Philly, but would survive in Boston (my town), where pizza is of wildly varying quality.

DD

No problem, I probably would not make a good critic as I like most things, and am not one to find fault.

I too am from Boston. I wrote my post having just had a pizza at Santarpio's (Chelsea Street, East Boston, convenient for me as I was staying at the Airport Hilton) on Sunday, before my return. Is Spicchio's as good as Santarpio's? No, but it is as good as Bertucci's, I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I finally got in there, and as far as pizza in Thailand goes, I think this place is hands down the best. I'm willing to be proven wrong and if someone knows a better pizza my nose will follow the aroma once I am within 100 meters.

As far as how it compares with pizza back in the States. Not sure, since I haven't been to NY in a while, but overall I think it stacks up okay.

Now if I could just get them to widen their delivery range :o

I'm also from outside Boston, so I'll add in my two cents aswell. =)

Overall probably the best pizza I've had in Thailand - well, at least the north of Thailand. Found a place in Krabi that's just fantastic but since I'm here and not there, this will do just fine.

I picked up a slice and a delivery menu yesterday at Mo Chit. They have a website, but I can't seem to find it through Google and spicchio dot com isn't doing anything. Oh well!

Thumbs up from me.