Farang Men/thai Girlfriends -what's The Thai View?

dubwise

So many farang men (me included) walking around with Thai girlfriends - I get the impression most of the Thais don't care but is there not an underlying feeling of us coming over and stealing their women? There must be a certain degree of resentment, right?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many farang men (me included) walking around with Thai girlfriends - I get the impression most of the Thais don't care but is there not an underlying feeling of us coming over and stealing their women? There must be a certain degree of resentment, right?

You'd think so . I thought the same thing , but most locals I have hung around with urge me to pick up a girl. I think they understand "NO MONEY NO HONEY"

I was in a taxi in BKK chatting to the driver, pleasant thai man about 50.

He comes out with "You foreigners come here and take all our beautiful woman".

I say "Wait a minute, we are doing you guys a great favor" "We are taking all

gold diggers from Thailand" After i explained what a gold digger is he said "Hmm

I think you right about this". :D:D:D

:D:D:D

:o:D:D

I dont think its a "falang" thing, the Number 1 thing i see is Thais are jealous of $$$$.

(Especially the Thai-Chinese.) I see it everyday, thais sizing up everyone money-

wise.

So they see you with a falang they instantly think "She with falang, #### she hit the lottery!" and

become envious.

Its ALL about money here MONEY MONEY MONEY

Edited by Nam Kao

Farang Men/thai Girlfriends -what's The Thai View?

some TH dont care

some TH think those girls are ho

all depend on how girl act manner and dress ..

but is there not an underlying feeling of us coming over and stealing their women?

some TH guys think so... i read many threads in TH forum ...why some TH gals wanna have Farang BF/Hubby ..and some guys act like farang stealing their women (i dont beat decent TH guys..ditto )

but why we'd care those narrow mind guys like that .. just loser who love sour grapes

when you have a good time, maybe many people are greeting with

but when u have a bad time just you and your GF/BF/Partner who carry on ..no one else cares ... so just 2 pennies worth to care

so my point is ... its your life ..so just dont care what people view (if u dont do anything wrong)

Bambi :o

I have no problem with resentful looks in LOS. It's in the UK where I get funny looks - mainly from fat and saggy old farang women!

It's quite funny sometimes. We'll be walking along minding our own when coming the other way is a local couple that look just the way you promised yourself you would never look at their age - miserable as sin and fed up with each other. She spots handsome man (me!) then suddenly clocks beautiful wife (mine!). Her eyes narrow and face freezes as she then turns her gaze back to me and shows me with her eyes how much she hates me. Her hubby first spots beautiful wife (mine!), jaw drops a fraction then he gives me a whistful look and they both pass by. Or maybe I just imagine it all. I say to wife, 'You very lucky, Darling' and she says to me, 'You very lucky too Darling'. I nod and agree and try to divert her attention away from the jewellers that we are approaching. I wouldn't swap for one moment!

Yes I think there is some resentment among some of the younger Thai lads I seen it a few times in villages in Isaan where x boy friends have turned up drunk at peoples homes and try and start a fight with farang men over X girl friends.

I have a problem at the moment with a ex bar girl who is married to a farang running around the village telling people I slept with her :o and I think it is just a case of her been jelous of what me and the missus have accomplished. And me being 20 years younger than her husband. Thank god the missus doesn,t beleive her otherwise I could have realy been in the shit.

I guess you got to put up with things like that when you are young Aussie stud :D

IMHO things have changed quite a bit now that inter-relationships/marriages are more commonplace everywhere. It is interesting to see how the idea has changed through the years, even within my own lifetime. Many years ago in Thailand, women seen with foreigners were pretty automatically assumed as being women of ill-repute. Nowadays, especially in Bangkok, how the women look and act when they are with foreign men speak more volume.

That said, there are always people, both Thai and others, who think that races should not mix. Perhaps one day that notion will no longer exist.....

Hmmmm , never a problem for me either . Walk around BKK hand in hand always , never had a problem . I would feel much less relaxed back home in the UK . I think its true about the envy , but many Thais are just curious I think , because of the stereotypes etc . I think its very true about the image of both myself and my girlfriend . People just know you have a genuine love by the way you act and dress in this city where image means so much it seems .

Always makes me chuckle when I think of the first time I was in BKK , just outside the MBK centre . A few drops of rain began to fall ( and I mean only a few ) . Everybody ( particularly the ladies ) began running for shelter like their lives depended on it . I was left standing in the middle of the raod with it all to myself thinking , " surely not " . Then I realised my girlfriend was one of them ..... :o

---------- "NO MONEY NO HONEY"

how'd i get away with this one then........

seriously though, they do seem to not really care too much. actually many thai men have a thing for western women, so they see it as an even trade or something, i dont know........

My mother has a really dislike for foreign people in Thailand. I think she dislikes farang married to thai girls too. I'm not sure about this subject though, because she never wants to talk about it. Also she doesn't want me to bring up the subject, she always get angry or irritated at me. I think thai people just don't want to say their true opinion.

30 year old farang married with a 30 year old girl? No problem. "George Clooney" married with a 25 year old girl? Still not a real big deal. 50 year old unemployed janitor married with a 18 year old girl? That's not right. I see the later very often in thailand.

How do you know what is true love? There are alot of gay people married to women and have a "happy family with kids". Just to cover up that they are gay. When I see a bald, large guy with tattoos all over his body, I can safely say he's a typical english hooligan. How can you thai girls dig this type of men? He is always angry and always yelling. He always drinks and doesn't have a good background. Do thai girls like that? Noway would a goodlooking western female marry with this guy. How did he get this hot asian girl then? Btw not all foreigners are like that so don't flame me. But I think most are.

My mother has a really dislike for foreign people in Thailand. I think she dislikes farang married to thai girls too. I'm not sure about this subject though, because she never wants to talk about it. Also she doesn't want me to bring up the subject, she always get angry or irritated at me. I think thai people just don't want to say their true opinion.

30 year old farang married with a 30 year old girl? No problem. "George Clooney" married with a 25 year old girl? Still not a real big deal. 50 year old unemployed janitor married with a 18 year old girl? That's not right. I see the later very often in thailand.

How do you know what is true love? There are alot of gay people married to women and have a "happy family with kids". Just to cover up that they are gay. When I see a bald, large guy with tattoos all over his body, I can safely say he's a typical english hooligan. How can you thai girls dig this type of men? He is always angry and always yelling. He always drinks and doesn't have a good background. Do thai girls like that? Noway would a goodlooking western female marry with this guy. How did he get this hot asian girl then? Btw not all foreigners are like that so don't flame me. But I think most are.

I would not be so quick to Judge people that have bald heads and tattos. I dont look at people wearing sandles with socks or cordroy jeans and say he is cows hoof or a school teacher :o

People with tattos dont complain about people with out tattos

and to think you would take one look at me and my wife and think you could tell how I treat my wife or what my past has been

your a school teacher arent you go on amit it

I could'nt care less what anyone thinks to be honest! :D

Thai or English like myself it does'nt matter to me, She is my wife!

:D

Agree with you 100% Dave.

I don't recall any resentment towards me from Thais for being a Farang married to a Thai.

My wife is 32 so maybe that makes a difference. I can imagine a lot of resentment from young Thai men if I was married to an 18 year old. :o

Where we live, in rural Korat, I am treated same same but not same :D

I would not be so quick to Judge people that have bald heads and tattos. I dont look at people wearing sandles with socks or cordroy jeans and say he is cows hoof or a school teacher :o

and to think you would take one look at me and my wife and think you could tell how I treat my wife or what my past has been

Haha no I'm a 19-year old jobless student. I have no money and I'm 1/2 Thai. Thai girls aren't looking for such a guy. They want hard cash and white trash. Cause they are hoes. Just kidding.............. I do have some money. No really I'm kidding :D

No ofcourse. I don't judge people by their looks. You can't do that, you just can't. I'm sure you treat your wife alright. But come on! Sometimes you can just feel it. You can just look at the guy and say you ain't shit. If it makes you feel better you don't want to know how much I'm being discriminated in Netherland and even in Thailand. Yes both my home countries. Also I wanted to get a piercing in my lip and a tattoo on my arm, if it makes you feel better.

Also the young thai men resentment. You would feel the same, if a few (like 100k foreigners) 50-year old dudes are stealing your young girls just because they got cash and you dont. I feel the same way. Or how would you feel that you wanted something that you've been waiting 19 years for. And only to find out that everytime you go to Thailand you'll see another foreign-thai couple popping out of the ground, while your stuck in your country for another 5-6-10 years. How would you feel if you think you got the looks, the brains, the talent and the personality but due to some reasons you never going to get that girl you'll always wanted, while some hairy 80 year old guy is pointing fingers and laughing at you with his fresh 18 year old girl. :D

Also the young thai men resentment. You would feel the same, if a few (like 100k foreigners) 50-year old dudes are stealing your young girls just because they got cash and you dont. I feel the same way. Or how would you feel that you wanted something that you've been waiting 19 years for. And only to find out that everytime you go to Thailand you'll see another foreign-thai couple popping out of the ground, while your stuck in your country for another 5-6-10 years. How would you feel if you think you got the looks, the brains, the talent and the personality but due to some reasons you never going to get that girl you'll always wanted, while some hairy 80 year old guy is pointing fingers and laughing at you with his fresh 18 year old girl.  :o

oh you poor sick boy! I am so sorry for you, so handsome, so brainy, talented and lots of personality. Why can't you get a nice girl? and those awful farang can?

and you sound so angry, so jealous and resentful too, maybe a little paranoid thrown in.

I think those last characters are the ones that any woman, from any country, would run a mile from. You start to sound like my first b/f, a controlling and very jealous man. Nice to start, then almost psycho as time went on, frightening.

Any man must respect his g/f or wife, without that, you are nothing. Maybe those 80 year old men give that to the g/fs, not money.

so get help, become more relaxed and be generous with yourself.

Haha no I'm a 19-year old jobless student. I have no money and I'm 1/2 Thai. Thai girls aren't looking for such a guy. They want hard cash and white trash. Cause they are hoes. Just kidding.............. I do have some money. No really I'm kidding :D

No ofcourse. I don't judge people by their looks. You can't do that, you just can't. I'm sure you treat your wife alright. But come on! Sometimes you can just feel it. You can just look at the guy and say you ain't shit. If it makes you feel better you don't want to know how much I'm being discriminated in Netherland and even in Thailand. Yes both my home countries. Also I wanted to get a piercing in my lip and a tattoo on my arm, if it makes you feel better.

Also the young thai men resentment. You would feel the same, if a few (like 100k foreigners) 50-year old dudes are stealing your young girls just because they got cash and you dont. I feel the same way. Or how would you feel that you wanted something that you've been waiting 19 years for. And only to find out that everytime you go to Thailand you'll see another foreign-thai couple popping out of the ground, while your stuck in your country for another 5-6-10 years. How would you feel if you think you got the looks, the brains, the talent and the personality but due to some reasons you never going to get that girl you'll always wanted, while some hairy 80 year old guy is pointing fingers and laughing at you with his fresh 18 year old girl. :D

Australia also has a problem with rich asians porking the young girls down at the gold coast alot of 16 year old girls are on the game it is not just thailand that has this problem

Why does your mother dislike farang if she had a half farang child was your daddy a bald, large guy with tattoos all over his body :D

Think long and hard about what and where you will get a tatto as I collected a few from being in the army when I was younger and l dont regret any except on the forarms as now as I move up in my line of work some times I wish I could hide them so people dont think I am a bald, large guy with tattoos all over my body who always drinks and doesn't have a good background :D

Hold on there siamone you got the wrong idea. I wasn't talking about me in particular. It seems like you are paranoid, angry, frustrated by your reactions. Can't handle criticism? Were you so offended cause you it applied to you? Was it true what I said? Obviously it was cause you got so emotional about it. Or what? Was my post slightly meant to be slightly sarcastic. Hold on there easy. Relax. You don't have to get so emotional by a 19 year old teenie over the internet.

The poster asked a thai opinion. Now he got one and everyone is flaming. Wow!

Also the young thai men resentment. You would feel the same, if a few (like 100k foreigners) 50-year old dudes are stealing your young girls just because they got cash and you dont. I feel the same way. Or how would you feel that you wanted something that you've been waiting 19 years for. And only to find out that everytime you go to Thailand you'll see another foreign-thai couple popping out of the ground, while your stuck in your country for another 5-6-10 years. How would you feel if you think you got the looks, the brains, the talent and the personality but due to some reasons you never going to get that girl you'll always wanted, while some hairy 80 year old guy is pointing fingers and laughing at you with his fresh 18 year old girl.  :D

oh you poor sick boy! I am so sorry for you, so handsome, so brainy, talented and lots of personality. Why can't you get a nice girl? and those awful farang can?

and you sound so angry, so jealous and resentful too, maybe a little paranoid thrown in.

I think those last characters are the ones that any woman, from any country, would run a mile from. You start to sound like my first b/f, a controlling and very jealous man. Nice to start, then almost psycho as time went on, frightening.

Any man must respect his g/f or wife, without that, you are nothing. Maybe those 80 year old men give that to the g/fs, not money.

so get help, become more relaxed and be generous with yourself.

:o:D

Sorry SiamOne but I think cash changes hands too! :D !

Hold on there siamone you got the wrong idea. I wasn't talking about me in particular. It seems like you are paranoid, angry, frustrated by your reactions. Can't handle criticism? Were you so offended cause you it applied to you? Was it true what I said? Obviously it was cause you got so emotional about it. Or what? Was my post slightly meant to be slightly sarcastic. Hold on there easy. Relax. You don't have to get so emotional by a 19 year old teenie over the internet.

The poster asked a thai opinion. Now he got one and everyone is flaming. Wow!

oh dear Fanta, I did not know you were criticising me...I just picked up on what you were saying about yourself. But apparently you were not, so I am wrong to think that of you. Where did you get all those thoughts then?? must have been in your head, I think.

No, I was not angry, just amazed at your remarks. Never mind, I hope you already have a nice g/f. :o

As a Thai man, responding to the topic, I DON"T feel bother by farang+thai lady abit.

It's a normal thing here... I believes it had a lot to do with our culture.

Of course, we think all farangs are rich. You have to understand most of Thai people are poor. It's a good thing if you have a farang husband because financially your life will be better. I'm sure some of your money are going toward her family and their lives are better because of you. Traditionally, when we are grown up, Bangkok is where go to works and send some money home to our family. If you have a farang husband you might not even have to work and beable to send some money home. I mentions a lot about the money, but this doesn't means your wife doesn't love you and not all Thai married you because of your assets. I'm sure some farangs might wonder about interracial in Thailand, because where you came from the culture is different.

We don't have racial problem here in Thailand. :o