Drama In Soi Siam Country Club

britmaveric

Drama in Soi Siam Country Club as woman threatens to jump from the top of a pylon.

There was some late night drama in Soi Siam Country Club on Tuesday after local residents reported a young female who had climbed a pylon and was threatening to jump 150 feet to her death. Police and rescue units were called to the scene and it was left to a senior police officer to attempt to coax her down. It soon became clear the reasons behind her desperate actions. The woman, Khun Sawat aged 38 is married to Police Sergeant Egapon from Banglamung Police Station. Their marriage was going fine until her mother in law, Khun Pon aged 60 decided to move herself in and begin to control the household. Eventually the relationship between Khun Sawat and her husband became too much to bare and the couple split, three months before this incident. Khun Sawat fell into a deep depression which led to this suicide attempt. After three hours and assurances from the mother-in-law that she will move out, the woman was brought down from the pylon and as a precaution was sent to hospital but was released a few hours later.

-Pattaya City News

Wednesday 7th September 2005

150 feet tall pylons - is there no limit to how Pattaya City News 'stretches' the truth for the benefit of a good story?    Average electric pylon is no more than 30-40 foot high.

I was driving past when all of this was happening.

It was actualy one of those big steel frame towers that the main electrical cables run along. Doubt it was 150 feet but she was very high up. Just about at the top. They had an enormous cherry picker there which they were trying to coax her onto.

What got me was the number of gawkers that were watching. At least 100 vehicles parked by the roadside and more than 300 spectators.

150 feet tall pylons - is there no limit to how Pattaya City News 'stretches' the truth for the benefit of a good story?     Average electric pylon is no more than 30-40 foot high.

I was driving past when all of this was happening.

It was actualy one of those big steel frame towers that the main electrical cables run along. Doubt it was 150 feet but she was very high up. Just about at the top. They had an enormous cherry picker there which they were trying to coax her onto.

What got me was the number of gawkers that were watching. At least 100 vehicles parked by the roadside and more than 300 spectators.

You seemed to be "gawping" long enough to get quite a lot of info there,mate! :o

• 4 weeks later...
Somehow this Pattaya forum has eneded up in people discussing Pattaya City News storys about peoples misfortune, suicides blah blah blah. :D

Is there nothing more exciting to discuss? :o

I was wondering that my self , there must be more to life than quoting the news papers , so now you have the chance to start your own topic , go for it

Took a while for some one too see my reply on these news paper quotes, so I guessed that this was liked by the Pattaya forum.

I am away on work right now and I check the forum quite often, only to find people discussing the news which I already have read about.

Will start a topic when there are no pattayacitynews.net do discuss :D but then again... High season coming up so I guess there will be loads of bike accidents, drug overdose, bar fights, chick fights, possesion of illegal substances, immigration related offences etc. etc. etc. to discuss :D

Somehow this Pattaya forum has eneded up in people discussing Pattaya City News storys about peoples misfortune, suicides blah blah blah. :D

Is there nothing more exciting to discuss? :o

I was wondering that my self , there must be more to life than quoting the news papers , so now you have the chance to start your own topic , go for it