Get ฿1,000 To Spend At A Hot Mexican Restaurant For Just ฿390

TikTokThai

Hello everyone,

Today we have a great deal with Tacos & Salsa on TikTokThai: Get ฿1,000 to spend at a hot Mexican restaurant for just ฿390!

For full details, please see: http://www.tiktokthai.com/bangkok/tacos-and-salsa

Mexican restaurants are not difficult to find, but Mexican restaurants run by real Mexicans are, and that's what makes Tacos & Salsa so special. The authentic food, music and atmosphere make for a truely enjoyable Mexican experience that only a true native Mexican could possibly create!

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

post-117451-0-38207800-1298100213_thumb.

post-117451-0-36800800-1298100223_thumb.

post-117451-0-92636100-1298100234_thumb.

post-117451-0-99159700-1298100245_thumb.

This is the first time I have used TikTokThai. The purchase procedure was clear and straightforward and I had no trouble printing out the vouchers. We used two vouchers yesterday at T&S and staggered out absolutely stuffed several hours later, and we still had about 200 baht left. There were no quibbles at all with using the vouchers - I think that is a first in my experience of attempting to use discount coupons in Thailand!

Mind you, I'm not sure about the name - when we arrived at T&S and told the waitress we had some coupons, she asked if they were from Ting Tong Thai!

P.S. Just remembered, I should be fair to Tops supermarket, their discount coupon redemption always works perfectly too.

This is the first time I have used TikTokThai. The purchase procedure was clear and straightforward and I had no trouble printing out the vouchers. We used two vouchers yesterday at T&S and staggered out absolutely stuffed several hours later, and we still had about 200 baht left. There were no quibbles at all with using the vouchers - I think that is a first in my experience of attempting to use discount coupons in Thailand!

Mind you, I'm not sure about the name - when we arrived at T&S and told the waitress we had some coupons, she asked if they were from Ting Tong Thai!

P.S. Just remembered, I should be fair to Tops supermarket, their discount coupon redemption always works perfectly too.

I purchased 4 of these for myself and a group of friends. Glad to hear your experience was good as we've not been yet....can't wait!! licklips.giflicklips.gif

Edited by thecatman

We used two vouchers yesterday at T&S and staggered out absolutely stuffed several hours later, and we still had about 200 baht left.

I've never yet bought one of these certificates, so I can't speak from direct personal experience...

But the standard conditions listed on the TTT web site includes the following:

Credit for unused portions of a voucher will not be given; voucher must be used in its entirety at one time.

So I'm wondering if that means you've now lost the 200 baht unused valued from your certificates.

We used two vouchers yesterday at T&S and staggered out absolutely stuffed several hours later, and we still had about 200 baht left.

I've never yet bought one of these certificates, so I can't speak from direct personal experience...

But the standard conditions listed on the TTT web site includes the following:

Credit for unused portions of a voucher will not be given; voucher must be used in its entirety at one time.

So I'm wondering if that means you've now lost the 200 baht unused valued from your certificates.

JFC, Yes, you are correct.

I don't actually think Colin was making out that he still had 200bt credit to use another time, but instead was just enthasising the value of the deal.

That's how I read it to be anyway.

Yes, it's true that you can't get change for unused portions of a voucher or use the unused portions again later.

However, unlike the majority of other deal sites out there, almost 100% of our deals have no beverage restrictions, so it's always possible just to order another drink or two, even if you don't fancy any more food.

Even if you don't use the full voucher value, you're probably still getting an amazing deal. Let's say you paid 390 Baht for the voucher and only have 800 Baht worth of food and drinks, still a very good deal! :-)

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

I agree but the voucher is not per person then right? For example one voucher will feed 4 people if you have a family for example? 2 adults and 2 children..

edit: I see now it is per person so for clarification that means I'd need 4 vouchers for family of four or just the person paying? If the former not such a good deal for families and I personally can't eat 1000b of Mexican food unless the prices are really high so I know my wife and kids can't either..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Most of the deals we've run (including the Mexican deal and the current deal at Roadhouse) have no per-table limit, just a per-person limit.

So, if one person is there by themselves, they can only use 1 voucher. If 4 people go together, they can use a maximum of 4 vouchers. It'd also be possible for 3 people to use 2 vouchers between them if their total bill was 2,000 Baht or less.

Of course, if 4 people go together and ask the waitress to give separate bills then each person will have to use a separate voucher.

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

Most of the deals we've run (including the Mexican deal and the current deal at Roadhouse) have no per-table limit, just a per-person limit.

So, if one person is there by themselves, they can only use 1 voucher. If 4 people go together, they can use a maximum of 4 vouchers. It'd also be possible for 3 people to use 2 vouchers between them if their total bill was 2,000 Baht or less.

Of course, if 4 people go together and ask the waitress to give separate bills then each person will have to use a separate voucher.

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

Will you be repeating this offer? I didn't see it first time round :-(

Will you be repeating this offer? I didn't see it first time round :-(

It's entirely possible that we'll be able to run this or a similar deal in the future, but it won't be any time soon. Running a deal is basically seen as a marketing promotion by the venues and it obviously requires an investment on their part to offer such a huge discount. The aim is to use a deal to get their name out to lots of people who wouldn't usually have heard about them, and give those people an opportunity to try their excellent products and services at a significantly lower price. So, it's not intended to be a regular feature. Most merchants that we make deals with usually tell us that they'd like to do another deal after about 6 months to 1 year.

Just thought I should make it clear that the second interpretation of my comment about having 200 baht left is the correct one - I was enthusiastic about the deal, I am aware that I can't go back later and spend it. As another poster says, we could have ordered another drink to use it up, but we really were full!

Yes, the point of my comment was simply to remind people that when they purchase these certifs.... there's no change given back at the restaurant, and no opportunity to use the same certificate (any leftover value) on a subsequent visit...

So, if you want to make the fullest use of the certificate and your purchase, find a way to reach its full value with your order.

Is there an alternative to printing the vouchers, I have been tempted in the past with these deals but don't want to save it as word doc and have to take to an internet shop to print out.

Excuse my laziness please :lol:

Is there an alternative to printing the vouchers, I have been tempted in the past with these deals but don't want to save it as word doc and have to take to an internet shop to print out.

Got an Iphone? perhaps you can show it to the merchant - the coupon that is. Failing that just email them the coupon and tell them you will be there at 8pm :lol:

Yes, as long as you have a Thai mobile phone number, you can log into your TikTokThai account and have the voucher code sent to you by SMS. Then you just show the SMS when you arrive at the venue!

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

Oh well missed out, I understood from the site that vouchers was good for a specified date which hadn't expired yet thinking the offer was good for that period too not understanding the offer was limited time to purchase.. Oh well, maybe next time... Until....

Edited by WarpSpeed

Just thought I should make it clear that the second interpretation of my comment about having 200 baht left is the correct one - I was enthusiastic about the deal, I am aware that I can't go back later and spend it. As another poster says, we could have ordered another drink to use it up, but we really were full!

Couldn't you have used the remaining 200 baht to order something to go and kept it in your refrigerator for a quick meal the next day?

Couldn't you have used the remaining 200 baht to order something to go and kept it in your refrigerator for a quick meal the next day?

I would have just had another Corona : but hey that's just me :lol:

I would have just had another Corona : but hey that's just me laugh.gif

Ya, that sounds like a pretty good idea (although there's no way I'd pay that much for a bottle of beer in an ordinary restaurant).

I guess I was wondering if the to-go option is possible, or does it break the agreement rules?

I would have just had another Corona : but hey that's just me laugh.gif

Ya, that sounds like a pretty good idea (although there's no way I'd pay that much for a bottle of beer in an ordinary restaurant).

I guess I was wondering if the to-go option is possible, or does it break the agreement rules?

I was hoping that Tiftokthai might chime in here and tell us the answer.

Sorry for delay! :-)

Using the voucher for take-out isn't generally a problem but it depends on the merchant.

If there are any restrictions like this, they'll be listed in the "fine print" which, for the Mexican deal, only specifies that the vouchers are not valid for delivery.

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

Using the voucher for take-out isn't generally a problem but it depends on the merchant.

If there are any restrictions like this, they'll be listed in the "fine print" which, for the Mexican deal, only specifies that the vouchers are not valid for delivery.

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

Thank you for the answer. It would make sense that that would be decided by each vendor, so we just must be sure to check the fine print before paying.

(BTW Is bbkjames always so rude and short-tempered. LOL What a w...nker!!!)

Jonathan

Team TikTokThai

Thank you for the answer. It would make sense that that would be decided by each vendor, so we just must be sure to check the fine print before paying.

(BTW Is bbkjames always so rude and short-tempered. LOL What a w...nker!!!)

not rude, just speaking the obvious - sorry it went over you head :lol:

We used one of our vouchers today and it comfortably fed two adults and a teenager for lunch. We each had large sized mains (chicken enchiladas, chicken burritos, carne asade plate) plus non-alcoholic drinks a shared dessert afterwards. The service was great - to be expected though as we were the only ones in the place until about half-way through our meal. It was a really nice meal and a good deal.