Any Marina News?

The last I heard was the floating marina off Koh Som was still a working project. All the necessary permits had been granted and it was now just getting the investors and the cash in place. It is the one big thing that Samui has been missing for ages. I help out at the Regatta every year and all the yacht owners have a swipe about it.

Mark at the BBC also had some plans for one at the back of his place but don't know what came of them ?

I heard a few months ago from a contact in the Tesse Bahn that Nathon was being considered /

does supprise me i went to the boat show in Phuket about 3 years ago and asked them if there was any plans to have a marine park in samui. i was told that they tried but the head aches were just too un bareable. so they did not bother. I think that Samui needs to realise that if it was to moved forward then it needs big time investors with their big time wives to spend all there money in the island which would mean big shopping centers and more business compition. The poshest thing in samui is the airport.

Just don't understand. Build an off shore drilling rig. ( that gets considered ) and will probably get the go ahead in the future. Build a govement airport is just talk even though it would bring in huge amounts of holiday makers. That ain't getting the go ahead

electric polls. some of them are on their last legs ( litturly ).

Building a marine park gets squashed alone with that Dulich school that they were going to build in Lipa noi.

Samui is getting full. We cannot stop that but Samui can get more organised with who they want to attract to the island then can spend the rich peoples money on making life confortable for them when they arrive that would make even small business drive. There will still be a need to cater for all classes.

There are allot of empty buildings on the ring road. i think there is enough people here just not enough that are will to invest due to political difficulty.

I have seen the plans for the Koh Som project but they want allot of money and only offering 30 year leases. which i suppose is ok if u r super rich. I don't know how that compares with Phukets marine park. will have to take a look because if they are offing more for there money then people will just go there.

Also there are allot of marine businesses that bounce of this park. Allot of boat shops.