Work Permit And Extension Of Stay

Hi,

I have an 'extension of stay based on work' to a Non-Imm 'O' visa. My present WP is valid until 19 April 2011 but my extension of stay based on work expires on 27 April 2011. For some reason I thought they both had to expire on the same day. Am I wrong or can I stay in Thailand for an extra week after my present WP expires?

I am moving to work in a different province so I will have to apply for a new WP and new extension of stay in that province anyway but, if I have the extra week between present WP expiring and 'extension of stay' expiring, will I actually need to get the 1 week or the 60 day extension of stay based on marriage to bridge the gap between this present extension of stay and the new one I will have to get in the new province?

Thanks for your help in advance.

MF

If on visa entry you must leave every 90 days. Suspect you may be on an extension of stay from Immigration? That will end the day your work ends and you need to cancel and extend for another reason or leave. Normally they allow 7 days but you would have the 60 day to visit wife option.

Hi Lopburi3,

Yes, I am on an extension of stay from Immigration. My WP expires first but my extension of stay expires a week later. I know if you leave your job, you must cancel your WP and, on the same day, your extension of stay (if you have that) and then apply for another extension.

But if I stay in my present job until the WP expires must I go to the Labour Office and cancel it (even though it expires of itself) and must I still go to Immigration on the same day to cancel my extension of stay, even though it expires itself one week later? Why don't the dates match on both the WP and the extension of stay, if this is the case?

Thanks.

MF

P.S.

What are the up-to-date requirements to get a 60 day extension based on marriage so that I can buy some time while I complete the process of moving jobs, new WP and new extension of stay etc without having to go to Laos or such like? I'm in CM if that makes any difference.

Thanks again!

Work permits are no longer tied to visas/extensions of stay and normally issued for a year or even longer. The requirement is that you cancel the extension of stay at the end of work.

For sixty day you would need wife, marriage certificate, her documents and your passport and the normal TM.7 with photo and 1,900 baht.

I am staying on one year non imm.B extensions, and for a few years now my work permit has always been extended till january 28, the date it was initially issued. My extension of stay for the last few years has been till june 4.

For sixty day you would need wife, marriage certificate, her documents and your passport and the normal TM.7 with photo and 1,900 baht.

Thanks for the info lopburi3.

One question though. Is this type of extension considered as a valid extension to apply for a work permit at the Labour Office? :jap:

Edited by aidenai

I think so, but will depend on the labor office and their experience with this kind of extension.

It is an extra 60 day extension of your current entry/extension of stay, which is in your case a non-immigrant entry.