Life In Pong

machans88

Whats the pong/nong prue area like to live??

How long does it take to drive to pattaya central?

Is there an expat community/bars near by.

Is it a safe area to live,

what about golf courses ,hospitals etc,places to ride a mountain bike and exercise.

I'm not sure how big this area is,but have heard some good things about the place.

thanks

Hi i live in Pong and love it, i was in a rush last week and made it to tuk com in 25 mins onto the 36, motorway 7 straight onto sukumvit or junction before and onto bypass.

best expat bar for me is 9999 mini mart made a bar out side and nother mini mart next door always lots of ex pats there, san mig 40 baht leo 30 baht!!! as you know this area is in darkside around 100 bars around here

i find it safe enough i am very isolated but feel safe but have a couple of dogs.

loads of places to ride bike around the lake, siam country club golf, 36 again takes you wuicly to other courses also driving range near by.

7/11 is couple of miles away one in village would be good

hospital i use pattaya inter 12 miles away, Bangkok Pattaya nearer. you probably gathered i like it

I live in the Pong area and probably the furthest out, near Siam Country Club GC and it takes me about 25 minutes to get from my house to Foodland, going down Siam Country Road at a leasurly pace. We only go into town for shopping or the cinema as there are lots and lots of restaurants and bars out here.

Thanks for the posts,sounds nice out there,i was a bit worried that it might be too far from civilization,but it appears to be close enough to get where you want and far enough away to escape as well.I was told i might need a dongle for internet reception,any experiences with the signal out there??

great area to live! quiet, yes there are bars if you are looking for them and they are much cheaper than in town. Reckon 60 to 70 Baht for a beer. Plenty of good restaurants, check the thread about eating and drinking on the "Dark Side". a trip into town takes anything between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on where you live.

Thanks for the posts,sounds nice out there,i was a bit worried that it might be too far from civilization,but it appears to be close enough to get where you want and far enough away to escape as well.I was told i might need a dongle for internet reception,any experiences with the signal out there??

tmn are here and have office in Pong where you can pay your bill monthly, 3bb rang the other day to say they now how have a service here but tmn i can usually get a movie down in 1 hour, 1170 per month package pay for 300 per month for cable tv. if you have a problem the guy is usually here with the hour a latest late afternoon. i got wif fi so wife can use hers same time. dongle is slow here, tmn is good by Thai standards

pelnty of bars restuarants ex pat places, tops have 2 stores over here and heaps of 7/11 plenty of markets like siam country club market.

1.07 mpbs download, upload 0 .30 to new york now. nearly 6mbps to BKK