Cardboard Recycling In Chiang Mai

blakegeee

Mahidol Road between Airport Plaza and the Chiang Mai Land. On your left about 1K before CMLand.

There is another one near Kad Kom(sp?), Coming from CM Gate turn right just after Kad Kom. Its adjacent to the newspaper printing factory.

Don't expect to get much for it. I doubt you will recover the petrol money !

As it turns out, I live about 1/2 a km from this one near Kat Kom if its where I think he is describing! I have about a truck load too, all double-layer, a lot of kgs.

Thanks for the directions guys! If I can't find that one, I go down Mahidol Rd everyday too so the other one is also very convenient and close for me. Its my lucky day, yahoo! I'll have 10's of baht before I know it!

Mahidol Road between Airport Plaza and the Chiang Mai Land. On your left about 1K before CMLand.

There is another one near Kad Kom(sp?), Coming from CM Gate turn right just after Kad Kom. Its adjacent to the newspaper printing factory.

Sounds like you probably live in the same area as me, near the Karaoke strip! Do you happen to know the rate per kg?

Yes sir, a proud residence of the Soi Karaoke area, but no I've no idea about the prices. I know that they change(almost traded like a commodity). They have signs outside posting prices, if I'm by there tomorrow, I'll let you know what I find.

Yes sir, a proud residence of the Soi Karaoke area, but no I've no idea about the prices. I know that they change(almost traded like a commodity). They have signs outside posting prices, if I'm by there tomorrow, I'll let you know what I find.

Oh ok, I didn't realize how it works. You in Suan Kiatawee by chance, or the Grand B.?

There's a place just down the road from Pinkarat School. I took a truck full of old beer bottles, paper and aluminum cans and received 140 baht. I took a lot of stuff and thought I would get more. I don't bother saving the stuff to recycle anymore. The guys who rummage through people's rubbish bins are now welcome to anything they can salvage from my rubbish.

I separate everything out. Not just to recycle, but to keep the area clean. The rummagers like to rip open bags and pull out bottles and such, but also pull out the rest of the crap and leave it all over the street. I've ended up having to hang a bag full of bottles on the fence so they don't have to bother ripping open the rubbish bags.

My life is now centered around spoiling my local rummagers..... go figure!

There's a place just down the road from Pinkarat School. I took a truck full of old beer bottles, paper and aluminum cans and received 140 baht. I took a lot of stuff and thought I would get more. I don't bother saving the stuff to recycle anymore. The guys who rummage through people's rubbish bins are now welcome to anything they can salvage from my rubbish.

I looked for the one by Kat Gom but I don't think its there anymore. Coming from the market, it is supposed to be on the left side, just before the newspaper place? I do see the newspaper place. The previous place before seems to have some equipment in there but no sign of recycling. Whens the last time you saw it?