Toshiba Laptop Service In Chiang Mai?

Orita

Is there an official Toshiba service center in Chiang Mai?

Toshiba Asia has listed only the Bangkok service center,

but surely there must be one in Chiang Mai.

There are the repair shops at Pantip Plazza, but as my

laptop is still under warrenty, I would rather have it

checked by Toshiba.

Thanks for any feedback.

Edited by Orita

I have a Toshiba Qosmio whose power supply went bang 3 months after I bought it. IT city in Airport Plaza had to return it to Bangkok. I was given a replacement to keep me going which I ended up keeping. Looks like Bangkok I am afraid or 'Bodgit and Leggit' down the road.

Panthip Plaza....Enter doors from NIght Bazaar....turn right and go to shop about 20 metres on your right. Very knowledgeable and costs 700 baht to restore and purge your laptop. They will also put on for free the Avast anti Virus programme onto your laptop.

If you go to the first floor on the elevator and turn right, immediately on your left is the Toshiba shop.....they are absolutely useless and cannot even provide you with an AC plug adaptor unless you have brought your own. Again another typical story of so called Brand agents and engineers who are yet another example of "qualified brand name technicians" who just put up a sign with some high flying brand name like Sony/ Toshiba/Dell HP etc etc, but do not have licenses from the host company to repair or sell their products as qualified and trained personnel.

This is no different to the TOSHIBA agents I encountered in BKK......."methinks a little knowledge is a dangerous thing". They really are not qualified to do anything. But they all believe they are experts. God help us if Thailand move forward on their nuclear power programme!!!

Everything in Thailand is a copy including so called expert engineers in any specified field quoting a world wide brand name.

Good luck