File Sharing With Win7 Homegroup

raro

strange...I have two computers in one homegroup and set up the file sharing. It works for pictures and movies but not for music. I can see all the directories but they are all empty. Been through all the trouble shooting routines and stuff....clicked again and again on the music folder and set it to "share with home group"...nada!

anything I overlooked?

Maybe check ownership of the files you don't see. I see this sometimes with old files after having reinstalled windows.

Locate the folder holding your files, right click > properties > security (tab) > advanced > owner (tab) - check that the owner is set correct. If not, click edit (or I think there might be an option to "take ownership" if you don't already own the files). Make sure you tick the box for doing this with all files and folders under this folder.

• 2 weeks later...

duuhhh....after fiddling around with it for several nights and a lot of frustration, I got the bright idea to connect the computers with a LAN cable to the router..yeah...this is so 90s but suddenly it worked! Turns out that if the host computer's WiFi card doesn't work properly, the client (laptop) can connect with WiFi but the host needs to be connected with a cable...

Trip to Tukcom is due...