Norton 650Ss (1962)

dagling

Norton's 650 SS was built in much smaller numbers than the Triumph Bonneville, the most popular variation on the 650cc twin theme favoured by the British manufacturers in the 1960s. But the disparity in production levels was not a fair reflection on the worth of the 65055.

849022.jpeg

Edited by dagling

The Norton featherbed frame is what was good about the Nortons the Triumph engines they put in them could be tuned to a higher level and were more reliable.

Still a nice bike though and if you still had one it would be a collector piece.

I had the Norton Domi 88, 1957 vintage, I bought it in 1968 for 12 quid, it was all in bits, but complete, cleaned up the chrome tank and mudguards, put some reverse cone megas on it, It had a wideline featherbed frame and roadholder forks, but only a 7in front drum, Yes, the primary chaincase always leaked, and the front mounted dynamo used to leak at the fixing joint after a long run,

I sold it and a Triumph T110 for 20quid in 1973, [both in pieces] to a sidecar racer Steve Sinnott, from Lincolnshire, and put a deposit on a Triumph T150V, and consequentaly, tried not to look back. . . . ... . . ..

I had the Norton Domi 88, 1957 vintage, I bought it in 1968 for 12 quid, it was all in bits, but complete, cleaned up the chrome tank and mudguards, put some reverse cone megas on it, It had a wideline featherbed frame and roadholder forks, but only a 7in front drum, Yes, the primary chaincase always leaked, and the front mounted dynamo used to leak at the fixing joint after a long run,

I sold it and a Triumph T110 for 20quid in 1973, [both in pieces] to a sidecar racer Steve Sinnott, from Lincolnshire, and put a deposit on a Triumph T150V, and consequentaly, tried not to look back. . . . ... . . ..

As I remember BSA/Triumph the first 3 cylinder motorcycle engine and concidered the first real superbike.

My Dad called me a traitor because I bought a CB750.B)