Anti Hiv Testing

kerryk

Had GF tested Anti Hiv test and the other STD tests all negative. I have been with her 24/7 for two months. Always safe sex. When I read about testing I discover the early tests detected anti hiv in 6 to 12 weeks now tests detect in 2 to 3 weeks. Is that accurate? 2 to 3 weeks for the vast majority of people?

Had GF tested Anti Hiv test and the other STD tests all negative.  I have been with her 24/7 for two months.  Always safe sex.  When I read about testing I discover the early tests detected anti hiv in 6 to 12 weeks now tests detect in 2 to 3 weeks.  Is that accurate?  2 to 3 weeks for the vast majority of people?

i always thought it was 6 months minimum before antibodies were detectable

you had the herpes 1 and 2 tests too?

Had GF tested Anti Hiv test and the other STD tests all negative.  I have been with her 24/7 for two months.  Always safe sex.  When I read about testing I discover the early tests detected anti hiv in 6 to 12 weeks now tests detect in 2 to 3 weeks.  Is that accurate?  2 to 3 weeks for the vast majority of people?

Depends what type of test it is - some test for the bodies anti virus working - hence the term Anti HIV test and some test for the HIV virus itself. The first one can take 3 months or more to start moving aorund the body after an infection. Not so sure about the latter.

Be sure to get the tests done at a proper hospital - I am no way convinced that many clinics (particularly those that promise 1 hr or less testing) actually do any testing. Quick testing kits cost around 15US$ a time, yet somehow some clinics in BKK and Pattaya offer quick testing for 300 baht. Go figure how they can do that as the technology that tests it so quick I believe is patented so there is no way around it.

Also did you check for HEP A/B/C - very important and often overlooked.