Slow, Slow, Slow

melus

The true test always gives about 95% of your line speed... it's only a hop away, so of course it's fast. If it isn't, then there is a problem with True's internal network, and that's very rare. It's good for testing whether you got the line speed you asked for, and if it's working... but little else.

Just tested with mcafee last night. Result was 8k, a new low. Speakeasy this morning is around 170k-200k, so no change.

for the info,

I just got the 1 Mb/sec (was in 256 k previously).

I know True got problems the last 4 or 5 weeks, by problems it must be understood they simply upgraded both lines/equipement i

I was told problems should last that week, and I must constat right now, that is. Since 8 am this morning, the download speed is in average at 964 k ... almost the full speed.

My contract is the basic one, hight speed, shared DSL, so I can simply say today at 11 am I am very happy (first time in 3 month lol). So maybe things are changing, we have also to be patient and also rreconise when things are good.

I'm not recognizing much, other than that I'm paying a lot for very little. And that I'm STILL getting ~100kbits (12kbytes/sec) in McAfee and speakeasy's test is STILL ~180kbits (20kbytes/sec).

I wouldn't be complaining if my actual real-world speeds were OK, but they aren't. I get average 10-20kbytes/sec or slower from nearly all international websites.

If you spend $$$$ on a McLaren F1, you *don't* expect to get the same performance as a tricycle.

Well using GoldCyber here on Phuket via TOT I am getting 800 - 900 speeds mostly with the occasional drop down to high 6's or 7's..

Thats using the 2wire speed test above which appear to record faster speeds than Mcafee or others I have used..

Considering i am on a 1000 baht home package that makes the SME packages a bit of a joke..

Using the same package as you but I'm in Samui, and my speed is 90-120

today and every bloody day. I've phoned them and the same story....well

lots of people are using this service now!!

Basically I'm overpaying them by around 850 bht per month.

Its freakin awful. I am getting 55k down and 46k up internationlly on a True/Csloxinfo 512/256k plan. Its just <deleted>.

Another thing, on my first invoice they had a charge for 'Connection Time'. What is this? Its ADSL - its supposed to be always connected, and I read nothing in the contract I signed up for re connection time?

Edited by rack201