Btv Poor Signal Quality

sedge

Following on from the TMN cable TV thread, I just wondered if anyone else has had a serious degradation in signal quality from BTV? Channels such as ITV, BBC News, Australian BC and many others have been almost unwatchable over the past few days?

May be TMN here I come ... !

Iam with TMN, reception quality on my LCD in the bedroom is awesome, reception quality on the normal TV in the loungeroom is crap, I blame the old TV for the crap quality its ok on the Thai channels though.

I would rather blame the cable installation inside your house

Iam with TMN, reception quality on my LCD in the bedroom is awesome, reception quality on the normal TV in the loungeroom is crap, I blame the old TV for the crap quality its ok on the Thai channels though.

I would rather blame the cable installation inside your house

I would prefer to stick to my theory as the reception is fine from that socket as well when I plugged in another TV.

The last couple of days there seems to be some problems with certain channels freezing and flickering. the worst offender is Fox news, but others, including Aljazeera are not immune from this. This morning Fox was unwatchable.

When it is not freezing and flickering then the picture quality is good, same as it ever was, and this problem has never happened before.

I was assuming it maybe something to do with the weather and the satellite reception, but I am only guessing. (they have to receive the channels by satellite, before re-transmitting to their customers via cable)

Leave it a few days and see if it improves after all the storms have gone away. If not, go to their office and complain.

Some years ago...I had a satellite set-up in Sakaew.

On the advice of just about everyone...I installed a HUGE 10 foot dish because "No problem when it's raining"

It took very little time to find that advice was crap.

Whenever it was rainy--or overcast--my picture fell to pieces.

I too have BTV in Khaotako....good picture almost ALL the time.

Except now...with clouds..and rain forecast.

So far as I know...there have been no improvements to satellite reception during crap weather.

But then I haven't checked for 5 years.

Try Googling the problem.

PS That Sakaew house has passed into the hands of another far more cunniung than I...so I would be delighted to know the same problem exists.

Vindictive mongrel

hahahaha

Sakaew - just FYI - the weaker the satellite transponder signal and signal coverage/footprint the bigger the dish required (e.g. C-band). The bigger the dish the more electrical noise received. Rain and cloud can interfere. Smaller dishes receive stronger more focussed signals with smaller footprint (e.g. Ku band) and get less interference, The strength of the satellite signal determines the dish size. For what it's worth.