Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read on a Thai website that someone placed an order today for a 799K XLT, paid 25% deposit and 60mnths @ 2.85% per year.

Longer terms (in this case 60 months) always means a higher interest rate.

But it is still lower than the likes of Isuzu, Toyota, Chevrolet etc so must be a promotional rate that is likely to rise.

I just read on a Thai website that someone placed an order today for a 799K XLT, paid 25% deposit and 60mnths @ 2.85% per year.

But it is still lower than the likes of Isuzu, Toyota, Chevrolet etc so must be a promotional rate that is likely to rise.

If you're being quoted above 3.00%, they're having a go at you.. Interest rates are very much negotiable, and likely to start high if they think they can..

Bought an Isuzu 2.5 years back - started at 3.2% (not joking, LOL), negotiated that down to 2.15%.

Bought a Pajero Sport 1.5 years back - started at 1.69% (special promotional rate), negotiated down to 1.3%

It can be done :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

yep, 48 terms at 2,55

60 at 2,85

are the pre figures from Ford-Tisco, but dealers wont stick to this yet, they say wait for delivery to see if its still good. My guess they make it good for initial motorshowdays and/or a few thousand units bookings, and then move to present market interest which is like 2,95% at 48 terms

If you're being quoted above 3.00%, they're having a go at you.. Interest rates are very much negotiable, and likely to start high if they think they can..

Bought an Isuzu 2.5 years back - started at 3.2% (not joking, LOL), negotiated that down to 2.15%.

Bought a Pajero Sport 1.5 years back - started at 1.69% (special promotional rate), negotiated down to 1.3%

It can be done :D

afraid new inflation goaled government have pushed these figures to new levels past few months

Ok, so nobody included Ford sales (i've just been at Chonburi branch) know when the truck ordered would be delivered ..

I just wonder how can you place an order without knowing when you would actually get the car,

especially during this flood trouble which can add much more delays on the delivery.

By the way, the double cab 2.2 XLT can be seen at Sriracha Robinson until october 3rd, I'd like to see the wildtrack in real, if anyone know..

Ok, so nobody included Ford sales (i've just been at Chonburi branch) know when the truck ordered would be delivered ..

I just wonder how can you place an order without knowing when you would actually get the car,

especially during this flood trouble which can add much more delays on the delivery.

TiT. Go with the flow - it's just the way it works here, and no-one can give you any promises on delivery right now - nobody.

By the way, the double cab 2.2 XLT can be seen at Sriracha Robinson until october 3rd, I'd like to see the wildtrack in real, if anyone know..

The 2.2 and 3.2 are almost the same visually...the main differences being the standard 18" wheels and larger tires on the Wildtrac and the roll-over bars and included liner in the bed. Most of the other stuff like upgraded safety electronics and the side and curtain airbags aren't visible.

So if you've seen the 2.2 XLT you can have a good idea for the look of the 3.2.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Yes, But I'd go for the Wildtrack, and even the salegirl doesn't know what are the main differences, althought I helped myself and read the brochure.

Very useless staff mostly I would say, hopefully the truck will sell itself easily by all its features

I think the other difference (again not visible) is that the 3.2 is only available in 4x4 configuration (at least initially). Near the begininning of this thread, there are some links to Ford TH sales brochures which clearly lay-out (in English too) the specs for each model. The Ford TH website doesn't have much info (but you can check-out the Ford Australia site) on the 3.2 model for comparisons.

I too am leaning towards the 3.2 if the price isn't too steep compared to the top-line 2.2...might even wait a year or so until they get all the manufacturing kinks worked out and they do their first 2.0 revisions.

TiT. Go with the flow - it's just the way it works here, and no-one can give you any promises on delivery right now - nobody.

agreed

and the sooner you go, the sooner you ride

order a Vigo/Fortuna and get a delivery date, I have 6 times, and its always later than agreed on ;)

looking for perfect logistics, look in another market/country. well thats a lie, I have waited months for benz e class cdi on occasions

I too am leaning towards the 3.2 if the price isn't too steep compared to the top-line 2.2...

In theory, the 3.2L engine should cost somewhere between 40K and 70K extra over the 2.2L - but as Ford have not yet released specific model info for TH, we don't know whether it'll be possible to simply step up engine size without having to also change/compromise on model grades...

I too am leaning towards the 3.2 if the price isn't too steep compared to the top-line 2.2...

That doesn't seem too much considering the bigger engine, enhanced safety electronics, and side and curtain air-bags.

In theory, the 3.2L engine should cost somewhere between 40K and 70K extra over the 2.2L - but as Ford have not yet released specific model info for TH, we don't know whether it'll be possible to simply step up engine size without having to also change/compromise on model grades...

That doesn't seem too much considering the bigger engine, enhanced safety electronics, and side and curtain air-bags.

Sorry, I meant only the difference in price between the 2.2L engine and the 3.2L, not the price difference of other features..

i.e. the 4-door XLT Hi-Rider RWD 6AT 2.2L sells for 799K - in theory, a 4-door XLT Hi-Rider RWD 6AT 3.2L (with otherwise identical features) should sell for around 840K-870K (if such a model will exist).

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I've seen the 2.2 XLT at Sriracha "motor show", lokks very good, and indeed, plenty of room inside..

I've been told "kon pee mai" for delivery, so before enf of the year, as we already are though..

Quite frustrating ! it goes the same for new isuzu,

only the so called new Triton 2012 is already available

OK, so it's not the Ranger but just seen the Mazda BT-50, who said it was ugly?

http://www.youtube.com/user/zoomzoom

Practically everyone that's ever seen photos of it ;)

I looks waayyy better in the metal though - I've had a good look around 2 different models of it now, and it's starting to grow on me. Not to the point that I'd ever buy one, but to the point where I wouldn't laugh at someone who did buy one :D

Underneath, it is a Ranger though of course :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I looks waayyy better in the metal though - I've had a good look around 2 different models of it now, and it's starting to grow on me. Not to the point that I'd ever buy one, but to the point where I wouldn't laugh at someone who did buy one :D

Will be interesting to see the pricing and how it compares to the Ranger. I could be swayed if the price differential is enough, but have to see and drive them both first....

Will be interesting to see the pricing and how it compares to the Ranger. I could be swayed if the price differential is enough, but have to see and drive them both first....

The current BT50 is cheaper than the similar spec Ford so the new model will probably be cheaper too. This is taken from the Mazda website which will also help ' Mazda is also topping that up with a special 5-per cent down payment promotion plus low 1.99-percent interest and free first-class insurance. Those who trade in their old Mazda for the Bt50 will also get a Bt20,000 cashback (Bt15,000 for other brands).

the initial photos where a terrible looking pickup, wonder if they have reworked the tooling, or if its just presentation.

This one looks, well not bad ;)

the initial photos where a terrible looking pickup, wonder if they have reworked the tooling, or if its just presentation.

This one looks, well not bad ;)

Plenty of not bad accessories too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ1rVJIpmao

The current BT50 is cheaper than the similar spec Ford so the new model will probably be cheaper too. This is taken from the Mazda website which will also help ' Mazda is also topping that up with a special 5-per cent down payment promotion plus low 1.99-percent interest and free first-class insurance. Those who trade in their old Mazda for the Bt50 will also get a Bt20,000 cashback (Bt15,000 for other brands).

Mazda's angle with the BT-50 has always been price leading, but it's all about packaging to achieve the numbers.

Take a Ranger 4-door 2.2L 6AT XLT (799K), lose the AT, the power windows, the remote central lock, the rain sensing wipers, the auto-headlamps, the leather steering wheel, the standard sidesteps, the power/folding mirrors, the foglamps, the dual airbags, the ABS, the jacked up suspension, and replace the 17" alloys with steel rims & cheap tires, and it's not too hard to sell what's left for around 600K and still make a profit... ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Whats the engine range for the bt50? Same as the ranger including the 3.2?

Yep, chassis (done by Mazda), engine and transmissions (both Ford) are shared between the two.

Cool, but its's hard to get over the soft look front and rear - very different from the ranger. Having said that, the ppv/suv mockups based on the ranger don't do much for me either. It seems this softer look might be better off on the 7-seat versions rather than workhorse pickup trucks that should have a tough aura about them.

Whats the engine range for the bt50? Same as the ranger including the 3.2?

Yep, chassis (done by Mazda), engine and transmissions (both Ford) are shared between the two.

Cool, but its's hard to get over the soft look front and rear - very different from the ranger. Having said that, the ppv/suv mockups based on the ranger don't do much for me either. It seems this softer look might be better off on the 7-seat versions rather than workhorse pickup trucks that should have a tough aura about them.

Yep, the problem facing the BT-50 is that some will love it, some will tolerate it, and others would rather poke out their eyes than look at it ;)

It's too polarizing IMHO - the Chev Colorado is too, to a lesser degree - the Ranger gets it most right IMHO.

As for the next Everest, I'm not sure what mockups you've seen, but this is more than likely the closest to what it'll be:

fordexplorer2011.jpg

Yep, it's the US market Explorer :D It's easy to see the T6 Ranger borrowd a lot of ideas from this, and Ford have already told us the next Everest will be getting hand-me-down tech/styling/ideas from the Explorer.

Still maybe that is what you've seen, but it doesn't do it for you ;)