European Food Shops

keithkarmann

Don't know what Rimpings is, but Hua Hin has a Villa Market, which carries similar goods as a Tops.

Also, the grocery store on the ground floor of the Hua Hin Shopping Mall (on Phetkasem a block from the road to the train station) carries a wide variety of western foodstuffs and goods. (It's the same shopping mall with the new I.T. center on the third floor.)

Tesco to be honest does not carry a large selection of farang food anymore than say Makro at pranburi, Villa to be fair carry the best selection and at least their staff are on the ball.

Have not tried it yet but was told Tesco at Pranburi is better than the one in Hua Hin.

TTM

As stated, Villa Market is the only store in town that carries a wide variety of imported goods, and yes, I too believe that the old Hua Hin Shopping Mall near the main traffic light keeps more imported foods in stock that Tesco.

There are quite a few small shops and delis that carry some imported items but mostly these are specialty shops with a small selection catering to a couple of types of items (cheese and meats for example) or catering to imports from the owner's country or region.

Here are a few:

Hua Hin Ham, Bacon, and meat company - not only meat as the name implies, but a decent variety of imported canned and bottled goods, mainly from the UK.

Mini Farm Market - adjacent to the restaurant of the same name, carries a variety of canned and bottled imports.

Terrace 90 - Inside the restaurant is a deli that carries fresh, canned and bottled imports. Recently added a line of Swedish products.

All in Hua Hin restaurant Deli - meats, cheeses, and some canned and bottled imports.

Delize Italian restaurant - small Italian deli inside with meats, cheeses, pastas, olives, olive oil, etc.

Chinese store in the first block of Chomsin road going east from Phetkasem - Recognize by liquor displayed in the front window. Really disorganized place but I've found the odd item in there that I couldn't find elsewhere before.

• 1 month later...

Villa maybe? but no Foodland or Tops, supermarkets pretty much suck here for farang food. G Mart is the cheapist I found and Tesco carrys the most variety.

Tesco carry the least variety you have not shopped around.

Tesco to be honest does not carry a large selection of farang food anymore than say Makro at pranburi, Villa to be fair carry the best selection and at least their staff are on the ball.

Have not tried it yet but was told Tesco at Pranburi is better than the one in Hua Hin.

TTM

Tried Makro last week what a joy to shop there, Tesco goodbye.

TTM

Tried Makro last week what a joy to shop there, Tesco goodbye.

I second that,

tesco = zoo, filled with rude Thais and Farangs

Makro = stock up on items and save a bundle, never crowded

Well, Tesco Lotus in Pran Buri is a different ball game than their Hua Hin counter-part. They may not have such a large selection of Western food, but the staff is friendly and very helpful.

besides much easier parking possibilities Tesco Pranburi has much longer opening times. the selection of grocery, meat and even imported stuff is much better the Tesco Hua Hin. And their shelves for these items are not halfempty like often seen in HH. I even found apple cidre in Pranburi which I never saw in HH. Sour cream and cottage cheese mostly on stock in Pranburi.

Tesco Lotus just blows, i dread every time i go there

Today I get in line behind two of the most beautiful women in Thailand, they finish up and I am just about to put my things on the cashiers table when some fat lotus wench grabs my cart and forces me over to another line. <deleted> ? then I put everything on the table and have to wait 15 minutes while she counts her drawer.