Would You Buy A New Mobile Phone With Out A Card Slot

ThaiLife

I'm looking at getting my first touch screen smartphone , and waiting for several new models to be released here in Thailand,on the specifications of several phones , there is no external card slots to take a micro SD , so the only available memory is fixed and internal . Would the lack of not having an external card slot be some thing that should be seriously considered a negative point , and influence which model is bought . What do you think are the Pros and Cons , Do you think a card slot is really necessary , or can you live with out it ?

TL :jap:

I suppose it really depends on just what you are wanting to do with your phone. As a smart phone it would suggest you want to use it for things other than just making calls etc so to me I would want an SD card to make putting photo's video and music onto it easier. :D

My smartphone has an internal slot for MicroSD but no external slot. It's hard to imagine any smartphone without such a slot: unless it comes with a huge amount of built-in memory. Where would you put your audio and video, and all the other data that smartphones can deal with like books, pdf files, office documents, games, maps? It all sounds a bit daft.

Unless it's a crappy overpriced iPhone of course! :lol:

Are you sure the phones you are looking at dont have an internal slot like mine? If they dont, how much memory do they come with?

16GB is way enough. It's enough for... 10 feature length movies. Or 10 huge games, although if you don't have the "crappy" iPhone you probably don't even have a choice of huge games - the biggest game I have is 600MB, and the next biggest 20MB...

It's also enough for weeks of music.

The only thing that could eventually fill up my phone is photos, but that's because I am carrying several thousand photos on my iPhone, I never delete them on sync. Maybe I should have gotten the 32GB ;)

Can you give an example of some models you are looking at? I suspect you are misunderstanding the meanings of internal and external. On most models internal means that is built in, often as higher speed memory, while external meansyou can add uSD card inside.the phone.