Apple Iphone In Thailand Sucks

Yenoormit

we all have to put up with Thailand's TAT blocking sites already and that's annoying enough but now I just bought a new iPhone 4.3.1 and when I try to Dow pad apps from iTunes, it only allows you to download apps from the Thailand app store. This sucks because they only have about 50 free apps where as everywhere else in the world has hundreds. I am jailbroken but even cydia sucks because when you try to download any app, the server takes you to a site that is all in Thai language and I don't read Thai. Does anyone know how to get around this or the Thai iTunes store issue? Also, the GPRS package from AIS and the WiFi is so slow here it takes forever to download even the most simple apps. Hopefull we will have real 3G service before the next milenium and decent internet. Also when I try to download anything from "installous" it won't work. I get an error message that says "installation failed: invalid IPA" and that's after waiting an hour for the download. Does anyone know why? Pm me if you do please or just explain here. Thank you in advance.

Wifi + VPN should do the trick.

It's unfair to say that Apple products suck in Thailand though. I'm pretty sure they suck just as much everywhere else. They are always the most expensive way of doing anything, that's for sure.

The Itunes app store problem is normal, generally when you sign up for a Itunes account it will take you to the store in the country that you are in.. but this is a very easy fix

Load up the Apple store from within Itunes on pc, BEFORE you sign in if you scroll to the bottom there is a there is a country flag to the bottom right hand side, change this to the country you want UK, US etc you will then be redirected to that country store, from there pick any free podcast and then Itunes will tell you at this point that you need to have an account and ask you to create one, this will create an account for that particular country, when it comes to selecting payment options if you have selected a free product you will have an option to select no payment method at this time,

After you have created your account then you can go to iphone settings>store then sign out of the account you have on there and then sign back in with the new account,

Note you must use a new email address for your new account...

That should work for you

Insallaous is just because you are timing out, use wifi instead

By the way: Sign up with True, True 3G works in many places now and it's pretty fast.

As for installous - in order to use it you need a jailbroken phone and if you have that, then pretty much anything could be wrong with your phone, no way of telling what was installed and so on.

The problem is your attitude.

If you read the manual again you will find the way to register apple account in another country.

Cydia is suck ? well then who are you ? a sucker who use a suck stuff or something?

Apple products is suck "YES" sure i am 100% agree but i like them because it's fun.

if you bought it and not happy with it why did you buy it in the first place?

BTW installous error because you did not install packet name Appsync for 4.0+

please remember if you use apple stuff you have to be one of this kinds

1 the follower of Steve

2 geek

3 Gum Gum Dum Dum

if not in any of above please considered to sell it before you have to pay a huge amount of money to local mobile shop

Ciao

I knew better than to sign up to the Thai itunes. Everyone knows it is restricted for movies and music.

I have the uk account to download stuff available only in uk shops and a US account to download stuff only available for US. You would be surprised how many apps are only for the US market.

Now that the OP knows the differences in itunes, try to enjoy your new toy!

You have to sign up for a different App Store.

I am into the Swiss Store which is really great cause they have movies and series in English, France and Italy Language!!

Wide range off Apps, Games Music ect ect.........

You can change your current Account to US or Uk or what ever do simply change your adress.

You can easily switch to another country's app store, but unless you have a credit card billed to an address in that country, you can only download free apps, songs, videos, etc.

When I was in the US in January, I bought a prepaid VISA card at a grocery store and registered it using my mother's home address. I used that card to register on the USA iTunes site and now can download free AND paid apps, songs, videos, etc.

Even though I'm a US citizen with a credit card issued by a US bank, I cannot use it for the USA iTunes store, because I have the bills sent to my home in Thailand. What a system!

You can easily switch to another country's app store, but unless you have a credit card billed to an address in that country, you can only download free apps, songs, videos, etc.

When I was in the US in January, I bought a prepaid VISA card at a grocery store and registered it using my mother's home address. I used that card to register on the USA iTunes site and now can download free AND paid apps, songs, videos, etc.

Even though I'm a US citizen with a credit card issued by a US bank, I cannot use it for the USA iTunes store, because I have the bills sent to my home in Thailand. What a system!

I have an US account, just buy the gift card (you can buy them on the net) they sell them many places in Thailand, never had a problem buying apps from US,,,and i dont have a US credit card

ISTR that there was a serious "price premium" on buying gift cards in Thailand? Something like they cost over 50% more than the US$ list price? Of course, with apps only costing a dollar or two, that's not all that much money, and it's better than being locked out of the US app store.

By the way: Sign up with True, True 3G works in many places now and it's pretty fast.

As for installous - in order to use it you need a jailbroken phone and if you have that, then pretty much anything could be wrong with your phone, no way of telling what was installed and so on.

Shame on you still spreading misinformation about jailbreaking. Bad Nikster BAD. How would he not know what he installed on it if he is the one doing the installation? Seems obvious that if you install something then you know its installed yes? Or are you actually trying to infer that jailbreaking randomly installs stuff secretly? Dude you obviously dont actually know anything about Jailbreaking and have never done it yourself so stop being a silly man trying to scare the children mkay?

Like someone said the reason he cant install cracked apps is because he never installed appsync. Simple.

ISTR that there was a serious "price premium" on buying gift cards in Thailand? Something like they cost over 50% more than the US$ list price? Of course, with apps only costing a dollar or two, that's not all that much money, and it's better than being locked out of the US app store.

numerous sites on the net selling gift cards for $1 or $2 more than the retail value pay with paypal.

or have a look at usunlocked.com has a virtual credit card that works fine with US itunes store and hulu etc.