Plastic Storage Boxes With Lids

mallmagician

Hi all the title says it all really.

I need about ten plastic storage boxes with lids. Where can I find the cheapest. Rumchok has them for 350 to 450 each, anywhere cheaper?

The bigger the better. I just want to store a load of nik naks in sealed boxes, to declutter my house.

Thanks

<br />
<br />Try Chiang Mai Plastic in Wararot Market.<br />
<br /><br />Yep agree with this you won't find cheaper.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

you dont happen to have a map of the market do you, ta

Macro is consistently good although these boxes are on promotion almost every week somewhere. Macro usually has a good design with decent locking handles and little wheels which not only stack securely but are easy to move around. Have bought them there for as little as 100 baht.

The Tesco price sounds great, will hit there on the way to wararot, as 180 is half the price of the cheap market stalls I've been to.

Failing that, will go to cm plastics.

Thanks all.

We got a few at Tesco on sale @ 170 Baht also. They are the large ones and good quality with decent quality wheels. We went to C.M. Plastics first but the Tesco ones were larger, better quality and a little cheaper (on sale).

you dont happen to have a map of the market do you, ta

Sorry no I don't know of a map of the market.

Chiang Mai Plastic is a sprawling store with a number of entrances. The easiest to find is on Wichayanon Road which is off Thapae Road directly opposite Chang Klan. The entrance is on the left hand side almost directly opposite the big fabric wholesaler on the RH side. I don't think there is a sign but from memory in that section of the store are coathangers among other things. Once inside the store is a warren of passages and sales space and they seem to stock just about any small household goods you can imagine.

Just got back from Tesco. :)

BIG BIG Plastic containers with wheel and lids - 199 baht, very large (Probably quite heavy when full)

BIG Plastic containers with wheel and lids - 99baht, big enough for me, and light enough when full I would think. I bought 10 of those. Bargain.

Thanks all.

Be careful when storing stuff in plastic containers with lids. During the hot weather heat builds up inside the boxes and they can become almost like pressure cookers in there and the boxes with tight fitting lids are prone to condensation.

I lost some of my old photo albums when all the photos deteriorated due to the extreme heat, pens dried up, electrical appliances, CDs and a radio set also failed.

We now keep our knick-knacks in those plastic stacks with draws, similar to the ones pictured below.

These allow air to circulate and easy to access your stuff inside. They come in all shapes, colors and sizes, some cheap, some a little more expensive.

Can be bought at all the big stores.

post-110219-0-33527400-1303568615_thumb.