4 Killed, 3 Injured In Nakhon Pathom Pub Fire

webfact

4 killed, 3 injured in Nakhon Pathom pub fire

A fire broke out a pub in Nakhon Pathom Thursday afternoon, killing four and injuring three others.

Police said the fire broke out at 1:30 pm.

The pub, Fullmoon Pub, has earlier been raided by police for servicing underage people.

It was not clear whether the killed and injured were customers or workers.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-28

Related topic

Senior cop transferred over under-age pub debacle

Follow this link:

The pub, Fullmoon Pub, has earlier been raided by police for servicing underage people

Forgive me for asking, but why do the underage people go to a pub to be "serviced" - what is wrong with an hourly hotel, the back of the car or even a rice field? (If that's a problem then come to me LMAO!)

For non-native English speakers, in UK a farmer will take his cows to be "serviced" by the bull!

FIRE

Four were killed in a blaze at a Nakhon Pathom Pub

By The Nation

Three men and a woman were killed in a fire that broke out at a pub in Nakhon Pathom province on Thursday afternoon.

Injured were four others men believed to be workers of the Full Moon pub that was under construction.

The fire started at about 1.30pm at the pub which is in Omyai district.

The blaze took place a week after the pub had been raided by police on April 20 for servicing underage people. It was closed and the owners renovated it.

The 20 policemen suspected of taking bribes from a pub in Nakhon Pathom are facing disciplinary action, while four senior officers were transferred to inactive posts after the raid.

A police team raided the Full Moon Pub in Sam Phran district and rounded up 300 patrons who were found to be under 18. The team also found a gambling den at the back of the establishment as well as a list of policemen who took Bt500 a day in bribes.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-28

The pub, Fullmoon Pub, has earlier been raided by police for servicing underage people

Forgive me for asking, but why do the underage people go to a pub to be "serviced" - what is wrong with an hourly hotel, the back of the car or even a rice field? (If that's a problem then come to me LMAO!)

For non-native English speakers, in UK a farmer will take his cows to be "serviced" by the bull!

You gotta be kidding !!!!! the way I read this is that you would like under age relations and posting this on a forum........hhmmmmm

Change of lube.

JFC hit it right

What's the Thai term for "insurance fraud" for a business that's run into hard times and legal problems?
Edited by animatic

My comment is based on from the perspective that I am a retired Fire Chief from the US. Most insurance fires happen in the middle of the night or on a weekend with no one around, and the building is complete ablaze with the first tire units arrive. Seldom is an insurance fire set with people around, and injuries/death are a major exception.

With construction under way, anything might have happened....and then again revenge fires are often set with the intend to harm persons and property...just a thought.

My comment is based on from the perspective that I am a retired Fire Chief from the US. Most insurance fires happen in the middle of the night or on a weekend with no one around, and the building is complete ablaze with the first tire units arrive. Seldom is an insurance fire set with people around, and injuries/death are a major exception.

With construction under way, anything might have happened....and then again revenge fires are often set with the intend to harm persons and property...just a thought.

In a normal world you are quite correct.

In Thailand, god knows.

Rich, I understand and concur with your comments above, at least in the context of the western world...

However, as someone who also has some experience in this field, it's hard for me to imagine the circumstances in which an accidentally caused, early afternoon fire on a single level ground floor pub/bar, supposedly one that is closed to the public at present -- short of a gas explosion or something traumatic like that -- would result in multiple fire fatalities. And there's no indication in the news reports above that any kind of explosion occurred. If you have some theory about how such a thing might happen in a non-arson mode, I'd like to hear it.

Another possible motivation, given the circs, might have been that there was some evidence/documents there bearing on the case involving official bribery, and someone decided they didn't want those records to be retrieved.

I guess I could also add that, perhaps as someone who's been around these parts longer than you, that the potential loss of life here seems often to be a relatively unimportant consideration when other issues are people's primary motivating factors. In a "mai pen rai" society, life here is considered surprisingly cheap.

Edited by jfchandler

maybe one day you'll be funny..

but not today.

I get my car "serviced". If this is an insurance fraud, that has resulted in the loss of life, I hope those guilty get all that they deserve, give them to the mourning families before sending them to jail..

I get my car "serviced". If this is an insurance fraud, that has resulted in the loss of life, I hope those guilty get all that they deserve, give them to the mourning families before sending them to jail..

Santika Club owners did not appear to get what they deserved............

Has anyone thought that the word should be 'served' not serviced!

FIRE

By The Nation

Three men and a woman were killed in a fire that broke out at a pub in Nakhon Pathom province on Thursday afternoon.

Injured were four others men believed to be workers of the Full Moon pub that was under construction.

The blaze took place a week after the pub had been raided by police on April 20 for servicing underage people. It was closed and the owners renovated it.

The 20 policemen suspected of taking bribes from a pub in Nakhon Pathom are facing disciplinary action, while four senior officers were transferred to inactive posts after the raid.

A police team raided the Full Moon Pub in Sam Phran district and rounded up 300 patrons who were found to be under 18. The team also found a gambling den at the back of the establishment as well as a list of policemen who took Bt500 a day in bribes.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-28

Photo taken at 1.27pm today as I was passing.

Service/servicing or "table service" is the recognized term for getting "served" at a pub/club.

It typically refers to the premium you pay on alcohol when you get a table at a club and are serviced "they pour you drinks" (or wrap your glasses in a napkin, clean up your messes, etc). This kind of service is typical in the US where you pay $400 for a $30 bottle of Gray Goose. However, in Thailand you usually only get serviced when the waiters/waitress know you as a usual patron or you tip well. A few hundred baht is usually enough to make your standard waitress around the Thong Lor/Ekamai area clubs pay more attention to you, or they "service" you better.

Serviced in this article in no way refers to sex/sex tourism/sex services, etc. Thailand has better things to do than paying some nasty faced prostitutes just to contract the clap... mmkay?

Edited by hyperion

FIRE

By The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-28

Photo taken at 1.27pm today as I was passing.

post-79592-0-46301200-1304004747_thumb.j

This is ridiculous. They got raided and found to have so many illegal activities in there, but they were not shut down? And the owners were renovating it still? What for?! to prevent getting caught in the future? They were just getting rid of evidence should investigators need to go in to gather further evidence.

I believe the pub was shut down after the police raid, at least in terms of having its operating license suspended at least temporarily....

What the owner(s) were renovating the location into prior to the fire (for some presumed future use) hasn't been explained in any of the media reports I've seen.

One of the prior media reports also said the pub was owned by a "local politician," though I've not seen as yet any naming of whom that owner might be.

Lethal blaze at infamous pub

By The Nation

30154190-01.jpg

Three men and a woman were killed and four others injured in a fire that broke out at the Full Moon Pub in Nakhon Pathom's Om Yai district yesterday afternoon.

The fire was reported around 1pm. After it was put out, around one hour later, police inspected the scene and found the charred bodies of three men and one woman inside the pub, which had been severely damaged.

Three motorcycles and one pickup truck were also damaged.

One of the deceased was Nakhon Sawan native Kla Saengkrai, 32, while the rest have yet to be identified. The victims are believed to be workers renovating the pub.

Police suspect the carpet might have caught fire due to sparks from metal cutting work during renovations. The fire also prompted about 10 officials working in the temporary Sam Pran Revenue Office on the second floor to evacuate the building.

The Full Moon Pub, located in the basement of the fourstorey Thong Building, had been temporarily closed after being raided on April 20 by police.

It was found to be servicing some 300 people under 18 and to have a gambling den at the back of the establishment.

The police raid followed the arrest of three young women who danced topless in Silom in Bangkok during the Songkran Festival. The women told police the pub offered free drinks to girls who showed their breasts.

Twenty policemen suspected of taking daily Bt500 bribes from the pub face disciplinary action, while four senior officers were transferred to inactive posts after the raid.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-29

I believe the pub was shut down after the police raid, at least in terms of having its operating license suspended at least temporarily....

What the owner(s) were renovating the location into prior to the fire (for some presumed future use) hasn't been explained in any of the media reports I've seen.

One of the prior media reports also said the pub was owned by a "local politician," though I've not seen as yet any naming of whom that owner might be.

couldn't believe it.. incredible... it went out of business since the raid.......

forgive me! dude.. at first , i thought it's Fullmoon pub. + customers don't go to pub in the daytime at 1.30 pm.....servicing..........

the fire was too soon....:jap: it's the culture no mention of the owner who is a politician.. ....

sorry for the deaths.... this is my condolence ...

Edited by dunkin2012

I can forgive anyone for asking any question, it is when you tried to explain it, that made you appear to be a pedophile. And this is only your 6th post , aren't we the lucky ones.

Edited by Mugg

FIRE

By The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-04-28

I thought the minimum age to visit a pub or disco was 20? was that changed recently?

(wile dancing at a pole in a gogo bar minimum is 16...)