Cheapest Car Rentals

jayinoz

I saw someone talk about rental guys on TV; renting out cars on long term deals for down to 9-10000K bt pm. As a mate after an 7+ yr old car under 10K bt for 3-6 months.

Anyone know of these guys who seem to have a dozen odd older cars for rent?

Newer cars do not seem to go down under 18-20K bt pm even on a very long deal or 3 months upfront plus Bond.

Cheers Jay

There is a Thai woman and her partner who I think is a Chinese or Singaporean guy that have advertised on the chiangmainews.com/classifieds for years now. They charge about what you mentioned. I rented a truck from them for a month one time. It was old but ran great and it was insured. They held my original passport (they gave me no other choice - take it or leave it). In the end it all worked out fine. I got my deposit back which I think it was around 2-3K and my passport and there were no problems with the truck. The woman called every 3-4 days making sure everything was O.K. Not for everyone of course.

Edited by elektrified

Can I have the details of rental guy... who rent approx $300 pm. As most are seriously over double this amount. All insured is a bonus, as did not know these rent an older type car guys really take out correct insurance.

In regards to buying Vs renting.... CMai prices are very high on even 1990s cars for the most part. 200k bt for half decent beast seems bottom dollar. Like 96-2002 Corolla\Civic\etc I hear a select couple of guys rent out below $300 pm.

My mate thinks much less hassle simply renting- I buy but I am here 9 from 12 months always. So for me... less hassle to buy. Each to their own.

Yet rental car that good is great price under 300 bucks pm. Would be great if anyone can shoot me a few more details on cheaper rental guys. As any repairs, etc is all on the owner- rego- insurance- etc all on the owner. So I understand where he is coming from when he may only need for 3 months, but thinks may get amazing deal if offers 4-5 months rental in advance. Does not think he will be here 6 months.

Sure thing- if you sure u here for more than a year- BUY. Yet cars never go up they purely a liability. Whereas other investments a different matter.... $300pm and someone takes care of everything is great

Cheers Jay

Had lots of good offers of rentals over the years but to hand passports over as security.......MAI CHAI......pop gun mai.... :ermm: never....

Our present guys are sound

They leave whatever we have decided on ...usually a Tot V at the front door of the D2Wan,take a copy of my T DL/..bung Bt.5K in the bin as deposit and we are off.

Usually drop it off again on return at CM airport and if we owe them anything..done ...then its see you next time....custy. :D