Mexican Food In Cm?

ebcal

Hi All,

Just wondering what are the best Mexican restaurants in CM? Sometimes I get the craving and wondering if they have it in CM, when I am visiting. In Bangkok, there are a couple on Sukhumvit, Sunrise Tacos and Coyotes that will do in a pinch. I prefer Sunrise Tacos and it is also a lot cheaper than Coyotes.

I saw the Salsa Kitchen mentioned in another thread about ribs, but checked their website and see they have some Mexican food. How is it? I also saw another one called El Toro. Any opinions? Thanks.

Some people will say Salsa Kitchen, some people will say Miguels. Different strokes, different folks, if only the world of Chiang Mai Thaivisa could agree to disagree.

And welcome back PB!

I enjoy both, the Salsa Kitchen and Miguels.

Edited by Maestro
Off-topic part of post deleted. OP asked for the best Mexican restaurants in CM, not for restaurants to avoid.

Mig's on Nimann shut down this week. Already a sign up for a sandwich bar coming soon.

Really? That's too bad. That was actually my least favorite of the 3. There never was any place to park and twice I went there and all they could offer was chips and salsa because they closed the kitchen early due to lack of business. But sorry to see any business fail.

El Diablo is most authentic (and very friendly and good service)), homemade chips and pickled veg for free!!! Miguels doesn't understand Mexican Comida, putting lettuce in a burrito and then toasting it like a panini?!? Salsa Kitchen not bad for some things.

Mission Street Burritos have lettuce and tomato chunks in them as well as rice and beans. Miguels is California style Mexican. and many people on the thread seem to appreciate Cali style.

Edited by Ulysses G.

El Diablo is most authentic (and very friendly and good service)), homemade chips and pickled veg for free!!! Miguels doesn't understand Mexican Comida, putting lettuce in a burrito and then toasting it like a panini?!? Salsa Kitchen not bad for some things.

What's the relationship between Comida and putting lettuce in a burrito etc.? Comida in Mexico means "Main meal" not a dish....

One time when my judgement was clouded by homesickness, I ordered a taco at a bar in Toronto.

It was a shell with shredded lettuce, hamburger meat, tomato, velveeta cheese, and mayonnaise.

Canadian style Mex? Maybe good with a frozen strawberry margarita. I don't know.

I don't ever remember having lettuce in a burrito in the San Francisco Bay Area - usually choice of meat, rice, beans and a salsa and a super would additionally have avocado and sour cream. I remember getting a little cabbage salad on the side though.

We went to Miguel's on Nim once and said we would never go back. It sounds like the other Miguel's are much better than that one.

Salsa Kitchen, I normally like, but found there can be quality inconsistency and it is difficult to get anything with much heat in it so we finally gave up on trying to get spicy food. It is normally pretty good.

It sounds like I'll need to try El Diablo sometime.

Mission Street Burritos have lettuce and tomato chunks in them as well as rice and beans. Miguels is California style Mexican. and many people on the thread seem to appreciate Cali style.

Burrito- wise UG, no one in town makes them better than Diablo's. I've tried them all and they're all just basically rice rolls. The problem with Diablo's is they have absolutely no parking and are situated in THE worst place in town for trying to park a car. good for tourists, bad for us.

Edited by lannarebirth

Never heard of Diabolos , where is it ?

Right next-door to the burger joint on the corner of Thannon Chaiyaphum and Chang Moi on the outside of the moat.

Thanks. Will give it a go if I can ever find a car park there.

I've tried them all and they're all just basically rice rolls.

.Maybe Salsa Kitchen uses rice in the burritos (I can't remember), but Miguels certainly does not.

Did you, by any chance, grow up on frozen burritos from 7/11? No rice in those tasteless monstrosities. :D

What's the relationship between Comida and putting lettuce in a burrito etc.? Comida in Mexico means "Main meal" not a dish....

Comida means food, lettuce is food, there is the relationship. The toasted burrito at Migs is the best thing they offer, the flour tortillas at El Diablos can be dry and crumbly, prone to cracking. That is one of my two complaints with El Ds the other being the chips are very hard and lack a good corn flavor. Both minor imperfections, my CM burritos faves. The trick to a good S.F. style burrito is to steam the tortilla so it is very flexable and can hold the massive innards without splitting, hint to El Diablo... buy a tortilla steamer.

Edited by daoyai

In all my years eating in the Mission District of San Francisco, Where I grew up, I NEVER had a burrito with lettuce and tomatoes :ermm:

In all my years eating in the Mission District of San Francisco, Where I grew up, I NEVER had a burrito with lettuce and tomatoes :ermm:

I grew up in the Mission District too and I never had a burrito there. Too much good Chinese food around. Loaded was right.