Snoh Confirms Move To Pheu Thai

webfact

JULY 3 ELECTION

Snoh confirms move to Pheu Thai

By The Nation

30155363-01.jpg

Pracharaj Party leader Snoh Thienthong yesterday confirmed his decision to change parties in order to run as a Pheu Thai party-list candidate.

"I share the same aspirations as Pheu Thai - to uphold the monarchy, to foster good relations with neighbouring countries and to wage the ultimate war on illicit drugs," he said.

Snoh said his party-list ranking would be finalised at Monday's Pheu Thai meeting.

He said the Pracharaj Party would continue under a caretaker leader. Three former MPs from the Thienthong family, Sorawong, Thanit and Treenuch, will follow Snoh to Pheu Thai.

Two of Pracharaj's former MPs, Jakkrit Thongsri from Buri Ram and Chanakan Yuenyong from Pathum Thani, will join the Bhum Jai Thai Party.

Chart Pattana Peua Pandin will field 500 candidates with party financier Guanpoj Asvinvichit tipped for the number one slot on the party list.

The party is scheduled today to hold a seminar for aspiring candidates to familiarise them with campaigning rules.

Guanpoj stepped into the political limelight when he was appointed deputy commerce minister under the Chart Pattana Party quota in the Chuan Leekpai government. Following the Chart Pattana-Thai Rak Thai merger, he joined the Thaksin Shinawatra administration as Thai trade representative.

He is seen as a close ally of faction leader Suwat Liptapanlop.

Two Democrats, Onanong Kanjanachusak and ML Apimongkol Sonakul, have agreed to settle a problem arising from a redrawn voting zone following mediation yesterday by Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

The party executive board initially picked Apimongkol to seek re-election in Bangkok's Constituency 2 under the single-seat system. Onanong, who shared the constituency under the multi-seat system, threatened to quit the party.

After meeting with Abhisit, Apimongkol said he had sought and received the party's permission to switch to Constituency 3 in order to make way for Onanong.

Under the new arrangement, Onanong will run in Constituency 2 and aspiring candidate Sukij Kongthoranin will give up Constituency 3 to contest the poll as a party list candidate.

Meanwhile, police have invoked ordnance law to dismantle a "no vote" campaign billboard.

The billboard, erected by the People's Alliance for Democracy on Rajdamnoen Avenue, depicted a line-up of five individuals with animal heads dressed in suits under the slogan "Don't Let Animals Enter Parliament".

Police spokesman Maj-General Prawuth Thawornsiri said on Friday that the billboard message was deemed inappropriate and that the PAD was not authorised to put up the billboard under the city ordnance.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-05-14

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I share the same aspirations as Pheu Thai - to uphold the monarchy, to foster good relations with neighbouring countries and to wage the ultimate war on illicit drugs,"

That would be a good thing. Since the coup things are getting worse with all the neighbouring countries. First they started with Singapore, then, little by little, everybody.

The budget for the army has double with the Democrats, any coincidence ?

I'm also happy they are not shy about the war on drug. Should we wait for Thailand to become Asia's Mexico to realize drug is a bad thing ?

Edited by JurgenG

Snoh said his party-list ranking would be finalised at Monday's Pheu Thai meeting.

Yet another MP hopeful joining 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts'. Having been there before, you wouldn't really expect new tricks of this 77-years old fox, now would you?

Yet another MP hopeful joining 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts'. Having been there before, you wouldn't really expect new tricks of this 77-years old fox, now would you?

S'noh has reason to stay friendly with Thaksin if at all possible .... after all there is always going to be the stain of Alpine Golf against S'noh ....but it is a good example of the "buy up the regional power families" and continue to exert the standard client/patron scenario so common upcountry.

S'noh has reason to stay friendly with Thaksin if at all possible .... after all there is always going to be the stain of Alpine Golf against S'noh ....but it is a good example of the "buy up the regional power families" and continue to exert the standard client/patron scenario so common upcountry.

That's correct. First Yingluck - now Snoh. Umm.. It's shaping up to be an exciting election. That's assuming the military allows one to take place which is looking increasingly unlikely if more 'power players' are recruited to the Pheu Thai ranks.

Buying up party leaders to make them faction leaders just before the election. Thai politics at it's worst and most corrupt. It says he is 'abandoning his own party' to accept a guarantee post in PTP, which no doubt guaranteed a certain amount of profit.

Feudalism was always controlled by money, and patronage, this is just feudalism being funneled through the APPEARANCE of a Democratic election, which makes it easier to lead the slowly awakening masses onward down the profitable path of New Feudalism.

The Liege Lord speaks and his vassals do.

Same as it always has been, except in this case a usurper attempts to return... Bonnie Prince Thaksin soon to hit the beaches and gin up a battle for supremacy.

Edited by animatic

That's correct. First Yingluck - now Snoh. Umm.. It's shaping up to be an exciting election. That's assuming the military allows one to take place which is looking increasingly unlikely if more 'power players' are recruited to the Pheu Thai ranks.

Can you tell us where S'noh's controlled MP's are sitting right now? How does this affect the power layout as it stands at the moment?

Chavalit etc breaking with PTP could possibly change things, but if they just create a smaller party to support PTP is again changes nothing. The strange thing is that you appear to approve of the standard patron/client scenario, which imho (and that of many others) doesn't make for "democracy".

I can't see that Yoko Ono, an avant garde artist, could ever conceive of Sanoh, truly a dinosaur, as contributing to an 'exciting' election!

"I share the same aspirations as Pheu Thai - to uphold the monarchy, to foster good relations with neighbouring countries and to wage the ultimate war on illicit drugs,"

That would be a good thing. Since the coup things are getting worse with all the neighbouring countries. First they started with Singapore, then, little by little, everybody.

The budget for the army has double with the Democrats, any coincidence ?

I'm also happy they are not shy about the war on drug. Should we wait for Thailand to become Asia's Mexico to realize drug is a bad thing ?

What are their plans to represent/help the general public. If these are the aspirations of the Pheu Thai party, I guess those promises of credit cards, wage increases, free fuel/seed, etc are just what was surmised when they were announced, false promises for the vote. feeding time and the old boars are getting into place to get the first bite.

I can't see that Yoko Ono, an avant garde artist, could ever conceive of Sanoh, truly a dinosaur, as contributing to an 'exciting' election!

Yoko Ono and Frank Zappa share the stage for a song called "Scumbag".

If I recall correctly Snoh - Scumbag - is a former party chairman of Thai Lak Thai. The fact that Snoh and three of the eight other opposition Phracharaj MPs are following him suggests that Pheu Thai are going to contest the election to the line.

Snoh's no fool as much as I dislike him. (A slippery snake riding a bicycle.) He has a good nose for money. A pre-election pay off from Thaksin or post election spoils? That's the question. I would suggest the latter.

If I recall correctly Snoh - Scumbag - is a former party chairman of Thai Lak Thai. The fact that Snoh and three of the eight other opposition Phracharaj MPs are following him suggests that Pheu Thai are going to contest the election to the line.

Snoh's no fool as much as I dislike him. (A slippery snake riding a bicycle.) He has a good nose for money. A pre-election pay off from Thaksin or post election spoils? That's the question. I would suggest the latter.

Little doubt BOTH.

This has been shopping season for the king maker parties, make a deal later than could be broken in a coalition that might not happen, or sell out early, get some cash and a more inside position in a more likely sure thing. Just like last time Thakjsin said he has won a majority. He pre-purchased other parties to pre-build a non-coalition appearing behemoth. It is nothing more than the little parties selling out their leadership rights to Thaksin as long ass he is in charge. It is not democracy but pure money politics corruption that will build Thaksins house this time, like in 2001 and 2005. He failed to throw enough money at it in 2007... I doubt he will make the same mistake now, but still these king makers have t deliver, in spite of most Thais seeing the Red Shirt destruction for what it was, an attempted coup that failed.

Little doubt BOTH.

This has been shopping season for the king maker parties.

So, do they make a deal later than could be broken in a coalition that might not happen, or sell out early, get some cash now, and a more insider position in a more likely sure thing?

Just like the last time Thaksin said he has SAID he won a majority. He pre-purchased other parties to pre-build a non-coalition appearing behemoth.Which not coincidentally only lasted as long as he was on top and divvying trough time.

It is nothing more than the little parties selling out their leadership rights to Thaksin as long he is in charge. It is not democracy, but pure money politics corruption that will build Thaksins house this time, like in 2001 and 2005.

He failed to throw enough money at it in 2007... I doubt he will make the same mistake now, but still these king makers have to deliver, in spite of most Thais seeing the Red Shirt destruction for what it was, an attempted coup that failed.

Edited by animatic

Can you tell us where S'noh's controlled MP's are sitting right now? How does this affect the power layout as it stands at the moment?

Chavalit etc breaking with PTP could possibly change things, but if they just create a smaller party to support PTP is again changes nothing. The strange thing is that you appear to approve of the standard patron/client scenario, which imho (and that of many others) doesn't make for "democracy".

Including Snoh four have defected to PT.

Re:"standard patron/client scenario". Pracharaj was alrady an opposition party. Not as bad as a Democrat MP leaving the sinking ship - government - fearing a Pheu Thai victory I suppose!

Little doubt BOTH.

So, do they make a deal later than could be broken in a coalition that might not happen, or sell out early, get some cash now, and a more insider position in a more likely sure thing?

Just like the last time Thaksin said he has SAID he won a majority. He pre-purchased other parties to pre-build a non-coalition appearing behemoth.Which not coincidentally only lasted as long as he was on top and divvying trough time.

It is nothing more than the little parties selling out their leadership rights to Thaksin as long he is in charge. It is not democracy, but pure money politics corruption that will build Thaksins house this time, like in 2001 and 2005.

He failed to throw enough money at it in 2007... I doubt he will make the same mistake now, but still these king makers have to deliver, in spite of most Thais seeing the Red Shirt destruction for what it was, an attempted coup that failed.

Again more confirmation that there's going to be a coup. As you so rightly say - Thaksin means business this time around.

Little doubt BOTH.

Again more confirmation that there's going to be a coup. As you so rightly say - Thaksin means business this time around.

I was talking about the last 2 Songkran riot situations, both clearly meant as coups, but both grandly miscalculated. It isn't 100% that a coup is done by a standing army, it can come from any source mother than an external army.

It is simply using any means to remove the head of government to install your own.

Edited by animatic

Councilor or is it idiotduvillage

nice new name joined on the exact same day as your last banned incarnation of earlier today.

And nice revolutionarily talk.... you trying to get TVF shut down?

Who are you referring to? I don't understand.

Edited by bulmercke

Little doubt BOTH.

I was talking about the last 2 Songkran riot situations, both clearly meant as coups, but both grandly miscalculated. It isn't 100% that a coup is done by a standing army, it can come from any source mother than an external army.

It is simply using any means to remove the head of government to install your own.

The last two Songkran insurrections were undoubtedly coup attempts and not counting the last election (2007) maybe it's third time lucky for Thaksin.

A dirty politician, joins a dirty party :bah:

Snoh, is exactly the sort of politician that Thailand needs to get rid of.

i think that Thailand need a whole revolution, not only to remove some polticians :whistling:

Maybe these famous words might make you think twice?

REVOLUTION-John Lennon

You say you want a revolution

Well, you know

We all want to change the world

You tell me that it's evolution

Well, you know

But when you talk about destruction

Don't you know that you can count me out?

You say you've got a real solution

Well, you know

We'd all love to see the plan

You ask me for a contribution

Well, you know

We are doing what we can

But if you want money for people with minds that hate

All I can tell is, brother, you'll have to wait

You say you'll change the constitution

Well, you know

We all want to change your head

You tell me it's the institution

Well, you know

You'd better free your mind instead

But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Maew (Mao)

You ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow

With apologies to the memory of John Lennon (choruses omitted for space)

Buying up party leaders to make them faction leaders just before the election. Thai politics at it's worst and most corrupt. It says he is 'abandoning his own party' to accept a guarantee post in PTP, which no doubt guaranteed a certain amount of profit.

Feudalism was always controlled by money, and patronage, this is just feudalism being funneled through the APPEARANCE of a Democratic election, which makes it easier to lead the slowly awakening masses onward down the profitable path of New Feudalism.

Same as it always has been, except in this case a usurper attempts to return... Bonnie Prince Thaksin soon to hit the beaches and gin up a battle for supremacy.

I agree and in fact, based on recent newspaper articles and comments, so does Khun Abhisit. He now apparently realises that this election is his last and only chance to legitimise his regime which was established in an army barracks after the Military and Amataya bought the leader of the Friends of Newin, Newin Chitbob (a banned politician described by the BBC as a Notorious Thai politician) and his forty followers in order to install Khun Abhisit as PM. Newin Chitbob's abandonment of the PPP voters who elected his forty Friends of Newin was, as you say, Thai politics at its worst and most corrupt - especially as the sole reason for doing so was a huge sum of Amataya and Military money.

I'm also sure that you must have split your sides laughing, as I did, when you read in the other newspaper that Tai Chitbob (the 84 year father of Newin Chitbob) who was installed as speaker of the lower house as part of the same Abhisit/Amataya/Military deal recently announced that Phue Thai should be disbanded because of its allegience to Thaksin Shinawatra who is a banned politician.

The one thing that I don't understand is your reference to Thaksin Shinawatra as an usurper as although he has the support of the majority of the Thai electorate (soon to be proven) he was overthrown by a military coup (supported by Abhisit a fact which when freedom of the press is again allowed after the next election will also be proven).

But if you want to speak of corruption I really do think that you should have mentioned the corruption in the Abhisit government which I think few can deny has been one of the most corrupt Thai governments on record. The reason for that being that the coalition parties realised from the word go that they could do whatever they wanted because the installed PM would put up with anything as long as it meant that he could continue on as PM. So much for the Eton and Oxford man's code of ethics which I'm sure you agree wouldn't even be tolerated by an Appalation small town council.

Edited by termad

i think that Thailand need a whole revolution, not only to remove some polticians :whistling:

REVOLUTION-John Lennon

Well, you know

Well, you know

Well, you know

Well, you know

We are doing what we can

Well, you know

Well, you know

Wiki:

Variant: You say you want a revolution,

Well, you know, we all want to change the world...

But when you talk about destruction,

Don't you know that you can count me out — in.

"Revolution 1" - The Beatles [White Album] version (in this recorded performance of the song, Lennon interjects "in", after saying "count me out").

REVOLUTION-John Lennon

Well, you know

Well, you know

Well, you know

Well, you know

We are doing what we can

Well, you know

Well, you know

Wiki:

Variant: You say you want a revolution,

Well, you know, we all want to change the world...

But when you talk about destruction,

Don't you know that you can count me out — in.

"Revolution 1" - The Beatles [White Album] version (in this recorded performance of the song, Lennon interjects "in", after saying "count me out").

You should know Yoko, thanks for the in-fo.

I agree and in fact, based on recent newspaper articles and comments, so does Khun Abhisit. He now apparently realises that this election is his last and only chance to legitimise his regime which was established in an army barracks after the Military and Amataya bought the leader of the Friends of Newin, Newin Chitbob (a banned politician described by the BBC as a Notorious Thai politician) and his forty followers in order to install Khun Abhisit as PM. Newin Chitbob's abandonment of the PPP voters who elected his forty Friends of Newin was, as you say, Thai politics at its worst and most corrupt - especially as the sole reason for doing so was a huge sum of Amataya and Military money.

I'm also sure that you must have split your sides laughing, as I did, when you read in the other newspaper that Tai Chitbob (the 84 year father of Newin Chitbob) who was installed as speaker of the lower house as part of the same Abhisit/Amataya/Military deal recently announced that Phue Thai should be disbanded because of its allegience to Thaksin Shinawatra who is a banned politician.

The one thing that I don't understand is your reference to Thaksin Shinawatra as an usurper as although he has the support of the majority of the Thai electorate (soon to be proven)he was overthrown by a military coup (supported by Abhisit a fact which when freedom of the press is again allowed after the next election will also be proven.

But if you want to speak of corruption I really do think that you should have mentioned the corruption in the Abhisit government which I think few can deny has been one of the most corrupt Thai governments on record. The reason for that being that the coalition parties realised from the word go that they could do whatever they wanted because the installed PM would put up with anything as long as it meant that he could continue on as PM. So much for the Eton and Oxford man's code of ethics which I'm sure you agree wouldn't even be tolerated by an Appalation small town council.

QUOTE:"....although he has the support of the majority of the Thai electorate (soon to be proven)"

termad - apologies for repeatedly banging the same drum - but I doubt it'll get to that stage. Coup.

[agree and in fact, based on recent newspaper articles and comments, so does Khun Abhisit. He now apparently realises that this election is his last and only chance to legitimise his regime which was established in an army barracks after the Military and Amataya bought the leader of the Friends of Newin, Newin Chitbob (a banned politician described by the BBC as a Notorious Thai politician)and his forty followers in order to install Khun Abhisit as PM. Newin Chitbob's abandonment of the PPP voters who elected his forty Friends of Newin was as you say Thai politics at its worst and most corrupt - especially as the sole reason for doing so was a huge sum of Amataya and Military money.

I'm also sure that you must have split your sides laughing, as I did, when you read in the other newspaper that Tai Chitbob (the 84 year father of Newin Chitbob)who was installed as speaker of the lower house as part of the same Abhisit/Amataya/Military deal recently announced that Phue Thai should be disbanded because of its allegience to Thaksin Shinawatra who is a banned politician.

The one thing that I don't understand is your reference to Thaksin Shinawatra as an usurper as although he has the support of the majority of the Thai electorate (soon to be proven)he was overthrown by a military coup (supported by Abhisit a fact which when freedom of the press is again allowed after the next election will also be proven.

In the last election Pheua Thai attained 36.3% of the Constituency vote ( Democrats 30.30%), (Party List 39.60%, Democrats 39.63%). That is not an majority of the electorate.

Termad-Who bought NAP wholesale beacause Chavalit had run out of money to support his 80 MPs? Thaksin.

Who said,' Democracy is not my goal'. and is about to appoint his totally inexperienced sister to be leader of a party where no one else has a say in who runs it?!

Pheua Maeow a total joke.