Two Pickups Used In Bid To Kill Former Pheu Thai MP Pracha

webfact

SHOOTING

Two pickups used in bid to kill Pracha

By THE NATION

30155518-01.jpg

Cars caught on video; sister seeks protection

A police investigation has found that two pickup trucks were used in the attempted murder of former opposition Pheu Thai MP Pracha Prasobdee last week, according to a top police officer.

Pracha, a close political associate of fugitive ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, ended up in hospital after being shot in the back late last Tuesday in Samut Prakan province in suburban Bangkok.

The attack came a day after Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva dissolved the House of Representatives for early elections on July 3.

It is expected to be a close-fought political battle between supporters of Abhisit's Democrat Party and those of fugitive ousted prime minister Thaksin and the pro-Thaksin Pheu Thai Party.

The deputy commissioner of Provincial Police Region 1, Maj-General Kamronwit Thoopkrajang, said yesterday that inquiries confirmed the assailants used two black Toyota Vigos with unidentified licence plates in the bid to kill Pracha.

The first vehicle was used to block the target and the other carried the gunman who shot at the former MP as he drove his sedan.

These details were found after police investigators and forensic experts searched the crime scene and questioned witnesses.

Video recorded by more than 10 closed-circuit TV cameras were examined and helped shed some light on the case, the senior officer said.

Police investigators were tracking suspects, but arrest warrants had yet to be sought from the court pending further evidence, Kamronwit explained.

The type of firearm used in the attack had yet to be determined, as police were waiting to examine the bullets removed from Pracha's back, he said.

Police did not rule out political conflict at both local and national levels as a motive in the attack.

Meanwhile, a younger sister of Pracha, identified only as Mrs Naruemon, has asked for police protection. She also urged more witnesses to give police useful information and ensured that they would be protected by police as well.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-05-17

It is expected to be a close-fought political battle between supporters of Abhisit's Democrat Party and those of fugitive ousted prime minister Thaksin and the pro-Thaksin Pheu Thai Party.

I can't hear/see this name Thaksin any more. :jap:

wow two black vigos

gonna be easy to find those as it is the most fav color for any car

anyway my best for the victim

and lets hope that elections dont end up like civilwar

wow two black vigos

That'll be after. ;) Seriously though, it's still a real possibility, and the reason why a genuine reconciliation is needed. The current government has shown they have been incapable of resolving any conflict, and have even added unnecessary conflict with Cambodia.

wow two black vigos

Any chance one or more of the 10 cctv cameras also recorded the number plates of these black vigos?

That'll be after. ;) Seriously though, it's still a real possibility, and the reason why a genuine reconciliation is needed. The current government has shown they have been incapable of resolving any conflict, and have even added unnecessary conflict with Cambodia.

For reconciliation to happen, both sides need to be willing to reconcile. I haven't seen much of that from the red shirts.

I can't hear/see this name Thaksin any more.......

Go back to your own country then.....mad.gif

I can't hear/see this name Thaksin any more. :jap: