Where To Get Ipad 2?

radiola

The OP states he looked in Bangkok already....

I bought one yesterday, UK version I think, from a vendor in MBK. All the vendors there have them, except the official vendors, like iStudio or Powerbuy. I received 4 quotes, and they ranged from 1300 to 4000 over retail listed price. I got mine for 1300 baht more than retail, with apps and games installed. DON'T do this. I spent all night last night restoring and erasing all the games off. Without doing that, I could not sync up to my apps and music. And don't let them tell you the white one is more expensive, it is a sales trick.

Happy hunting.

Yes I just bought it today,I paid 1100 more, really good price. WHat games are you talking about, you can't jailbreak ipad 2 right?

Correct, no Jailbreak. The games were his own personal games that he installed on the iPad when I bought it. I only had him do it because it can't be jailbroken, so I wanted to see what kind of apps he had. I wasn't sure what apps of mine would install on it. He put Angry Birds and alot of other silly games that I don't feel bad about losing.

I love it, the only thing I havent found is program to play divx on ipad directly, everything else I found. I am already reading books pdf and comics, amazing stuff. I used to have sony prs 600 reader. I am still selling it.

Ordering on-line seems to be the way to go.

I was in Montreal last week and could not find a single ipad 2 on sale.

Apple store said 1/2 weeks delivery, same 1 week later.

I am near Brussels right now, nothing before 13 June and 200 Can/Us dollars more expensive.

Off to Thailand end of month and ordered on-line, available as of 01 June and delivery 10 June, will need to wait until then....

I love it, the only thing I havent found is program to play divx on ipad directly, everything else I found. I am already reading books pdf and comics, amazing stuff. I used to have sony prs 600 reader. I am still selling it.

Check AVPlayer HD or VLC Player

I am using oplayer lite, and it works good. the only thing that is bothering me is a big gray square on top of the screen , probably used to display advertisment if you are online

I am buying an app soon

I couldn't find any free apps. Do you know of any?

I couldn't find any free apps. Do you know of any?

VLC is free and plays most formats. Problem is it's very buggy and tends to crash.

I recommend re-encoding the video using Handbrake. It's a free app for your computer and has pre-sets for iPad, iPhone and so on.

I even found a way to batch encode everything in a folder - took a while to get that working on the Mac but I hear for Windows there's free utilities that do this.

I ordered the Ipad 2 on 10 May from the website and recieved shipment notice and tracking number yesterday so I should have it by Friday. Not too bad.....

I ordered one as a gift for someone else on the 12th, got the shipping confirmation on the 22nd, and it's now been caught up at customs in BKK since 6AM on the 23rd - you ordered yours 2 days before me - just wondering whether you've received yours yet?

I'd like to get a feel for when my order (a gift) might be delivered..

I recommend re-encoding the video using Handbrake. It's a free app for your computer and has pre-sets for iPad, iPhone and so on.

I even found a way to batch encode everything in a folder - took a while to get that working on the Mac but I hear for Windows there's free utilities that do this.

+1 for Handbrake - I've been using it to re-encode ipod, iphone and ipad videos for a few years now - works a treat!

Also, If you're a Windows user, take a look at CopyTrans Manager - it's a free alternative to iTunes for loading content onto iOS devices, that works around a lot of the BS, bloat and limitation in Apple's software..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

handbrake is very slow, and it takes forever to load each video, i could not figure out how to use batch reencode

i use oplayer lite now, free divx player, it works great, is free and you dont need to reencode videos, just load them into ipad 2

MRO, keep us posted on clearing customs, pls. (I'd also be interested in your thoughts re installing an ipad in the PJS _!?!?)

I think its gonna be hard to get them from the official shops for a while. At one location on Wednesday they said they were having a bunch arrive on Thursday, so the GF went down to get hers. They claimed they had no idea when they were coming. Another staff member told her they had one, to quickly be rebuffed by another staff member. Meanwhile I went down to another mac shop for something else. They also said they had no idea when stock arriving. I asked how long was the que. They asked which model I was looking for, and yes, we have one in stock (not yet claimed by customer), so I took it.

In this mac store they were taking reservations, meanwhile at the other store the GF was at, they said the cue was too long for reservations. I suspect they are hoarding for friends and favoured customers.

MRO, keep us posted on clearing customs, pls. (I'd also be interested in your thoughts re installing an ipad in the PJS _!?!?)

I think its gonna be hard to get them from the official shops for a while. At one location on Wednesday they said they were having a bunch arrive on Thursday, so the GF went down to get hers. They claimed they had no idea when they were coming. Another staff member told her they had one, to quickly be rebuffed by another staff member. Meanwhile I went down to another mac shop for something else. They also said they had no idea when stock arriving. I asked how long was the que. They asked which model I was looking for, and yes, we have one in stock (not yet claimed by customer), so I took it.

In this mac store they were taking reservations, meanwhile at the other store the GF was at, they said the cue was too long for reservations. I suspect they are hoarding for friends and favoured customers.

I ordered mine through the Apple Store (Thailand) on the 15th May and just received an email that it is with DHL for delivery today the 29th.

Just tried to order one online, they only accept Thai (Asean) and US based credit cards. I'm not in LOS at the moment and thought I would order one so it's there when I get back home. Anyone know what the stock is like at the resellers (Powerbuy, etc.) now?

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried to order one online, they only accept Thai (Asean) and US based credit cards. I'm not in LOS at the moment and thought I would order one so it's there when I get back home. Anyone know what the stock is like at the resellers (Powerbuy, etc.) now?

Not true, they accept my European credit card. 2 weeks waiting, but free delivery by DHL.

Not true, they accept my European credit card. 2 weeks waiting, but free delivery by DHL.

How did you do that?

I have attached a screen shot of the billing page and the only countries listed in the drop down menu are Thailand,Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, United States and Vietnam. Also in the FAQ's on the right side under "Can I use an international credit card" it mentions the same 7 countries only.

post-67352-0-03411300-1308186134_thumb.p

Edited by CDNinKS

CDNinKS

How did you do that?

I have attached a screen shot of the billing page and the only countries listed in the drop down menu are Thailand,Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, United States and Vietnam. Also in the FAQ's on the right side under "Can I use an international credit card" it mentions the same 7 countries only.

You can make an order with any credit card, Apple doesn't check billing address, only card number, exp. date and security code, so just fill your address and choose Thailand. I ordered 2 iPad with my Israeli credit card, and already got them. 1 Year ago I did that trick in French online Apple Store also, bought iPhone 4 with my Israeli credit card.

You can make an order with any credit card, Apple doesn't check billing address, only card number, exp. date and security code, so just fill your address and choose Thailand. I ordered 2 iPad with my Israeli credit card, and already got them. 1 Year ago I did that trick in French online Apple Store also, bought iPhone 4 with my Israeli credit card.

OK, thanks, good to know.

You could try to call to the local retailer and ask for a reservation, although it's unlikely that they would do so.

The shipping times are between 1-2 weeks, I would not do this if I were you since it's too dangerous that the package does not arrive at your place right in time.

I have now two brand new and sealed iPad 2.

iPad 2 32Gb WiFi + 3G Black - 25000 baht

iPad 2 16Gb WiFi Black - 18000 baht

It can be picked up everyday near The Mall Ngamwongwan or near Don Mueang Airport, or twice a week near Sala Daeng BTS.

Edited by lewys