Back Button And Favorites Quit Working

trisailer

My back button and favorites quit working a few days ago. When I Googled it it seems to be widespread. I'm running Windos 7 (64bit) and IE 8. I checked my updates history and appear to have the current updates.

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Wish I could help here, but since Service pack one on W7 (Ultimate for me) 64 bit, there have been a host of "little problems and glitches" .... just annoying when trying to do things...

So, me wonders if some of these problems have stemmed from the service pack 1...? (best I can pin down too) plus other updates...

Perhaps you more technically advanced guys / girls can give some input...?

Soon will start a list, of these things, until recently there have been few problems with W7.... Now seeing silly "pop up messages" I never come across before or things just don't work as they use too! :realangry:

Done cache clean up, run Tuneup Utlities (which says everything fine) defragged.... blah blah! And still not right!

Wish I could help here, but since Service pack one on W7 (Ultimate for me) 64 bit, there have been a host of "little problems and glitches" .... just annoying when trying to do things...

So, me wonders if some of these problems have stemmed from the service pack 1...? (best I can pin down too) plus other updates...

Perhaps you more technically advanced guys / girls can give some input...?

Soon will start a list, of these things, until recently there have been few problems with W7.... Now seeing silly "pop up messages" I never come across before or things just don't work as they use too! :realangry:

Done cache clean up, run Tuneup Utlities (which says everything fine) defragged.... blah blah! And still not right!

Hi everybody.I just returned from my country Canada and folks there are having the same problems with windows 7.IE.windows closing unexpectibly,pc shutting down and starting again,freezing up and the list goes on.My syggestion,uninstall 7 and return to original operating system.Microsoft obviously has some problems to fix with that system.

Obviously you folks aren't doing something right. Windows 7 Ultimate (w/ Service Pack 1) runs flawlessly on my system and for many others I know.

Those with Internet Explorer problems should try resetting Internet Explorer to default settings or just install IE9. And if that doesn't fix it, scan your computer for malware or viruses.

Edited by Supernova

Not one problem with Win 7 on my machine. But I quit using IE a long time ago. The constant updates became too annoying! Switch to Firefox.

You should install IE updates even if IE isn't your browser of choice. I use Firefox, Chrome, yet I still install all IE updates as they become available. Better to keep your system fully patched than to leave certain components vulnerable to attack.

Edited by Supernova

Not one problem with Win 7 on my machine. But I quit using IE a long time ago. The constant updates became too annoying! Switch to Firefox.

You should install IE updates even if IE isn't your browser of choice. I use Firefox, Chrome, yet I still install all IE updates as they become available. Better to keep your system fully patched than to leave certain components vulnerable to attack.

There's two separate issues....Microsoft OS has updates and IE has updates. I don't get the constant IE updates but do get the OS updates. It's IE that's vulnerable more so than the OS.

I used advanced windows care on my xp machine to help solve annoying popups and stuff

haven't tried it on the win 7 machine yet as it hasn't started annoying me yet

http://download.cnet...tml?tag=mncol;2

Thanks SBK, that did a pretty good scan and found lots of "glitches"... thousands in fact! and fairly fast to do!

And the nice part (although time will tell!) it says it has "fixed / repaired" many of the problems ... at least start up was faster this morning! :)

I hate the programs that give a free scan, then ask to cough up XXXX $ before they will fix.... but this one fixed free and gives the option of buying, at $12.97 and gives on going protection..... that might be worth doing.... but I think need to install a bigger hard drive first!

As for CNET in general ...I use that on my Mac, but usually find I already have the updates they say needed!

More time for the garden! ;)

I've been using Advanced System Care also and I think it's great.

It just occured to me that I haven't shut my computer down for months so I rebooted and updated ASC and low and behold the problem is fixed.

Thanks guys

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using Advanced SystemCare for a couple of weeks now and its a diamond in the rough. Read the reviews on CNET for more info but its been downloaded 62 million+ times and is one of the most popular free programs available. The only thing I have not used on it is the Turbo Boost because I read some CNET user complaints about the Turbo Boost addon turning off some of the features of other programs they needed. I have had no problems and it keeps my computer running very fast without the Turbo Boost.