Travellers Checks

Gaccha

There used to be a place near Big C (across from CentralWorld) that always got recommended on these forums but unless I am mistaken it has vanished and a public square now sits in its place.

Where should I go for travellers checks in Bangkok? I will probably buy Yen denominations. Need a quick response as need to buy tomorrow... (is the airport okay for this?)

Thanks

:jap: :jap: :jap:

(also, does anyone know if a TMB Debit card works in Japan....?)

Try Super Rich, same location as you mentioned.

In fact SR is the very same as mentioned by the asker-it is still there, but has now 3 or 4 shops-some in other houses as before. Just look for that big orange sign

BUT; the tipical TV response-unhelpful as always. SR does NOT handle ANY TCs-it wont take them for cash and it wont sell them. They do sell cash JPY at a favorable rate though-if you come with enough of cash THB.

In fact; do not bother with TC when going to JPN- useless to a burden. Cannot pay with them, most banks will only sniff at them, TC are an outdated mode only fit for the US or CA. Simply take that ash-dont be too anxious, JPN is really a safe country to hold a stack of cash.