TAT: Foreign Tourists Love Thai Sea

webfact

TAT: Foreign tourists love Thai sea

news2011-07-01_10-56-29_255407010007_tourism1.JPG

BANGKOK, 1 July 2011 (NNT) – Foreign tourists are found to be most attracted to Thai sea, sand and beaches, according to a recent survey on 100 top Amazing Places in Thailand by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

TAT Deputy Governor Prakit Piriyakiet reported that the survey was conducted with 3,389 foreign tourists with travelling experiences in Thailand from 68 nations. The ‘100 Amazing Places in Thailand’ survey was carried out online from February to April 2011.

Bangkok has 20 attractions voted to the list, followed by Chiang Mai with 11 places. Surat Thani and Chon Buri have 10 each, followed by Phuket with nine attractions on the list.

Classified into categories, 31 of the attractions are sea and beaches, 29 art and culture, 20 nature and landscapes, 12 shopping places and eight recreational sites.

Among the highly popular beaches are Phi Phi Island, Pattaya beach, Patong beach and Ang Thong archipelago. Popular cultural sites are Jim Thompson silk museum, and Naatayasala traditional Thai puppet (Joe Louis) Theatre. Doi Ang Khang, Pai and Doi Thung are noted natural districts.

As for Bangkok, most popular places are Jatujak weekend market, China town of Yaowarat, Siam Niramit cultural show and Siam Paragon shopping complex.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-07-01 footer_n.gif

A strange survay or strange tourists

most certainly....proof of this is with Pattaya beach coming in at number 2 beach in Thailand....:whistling: ....... notice this was conducted on-line, therefore could suggest people who have never been to the actual places were surveyed.....

Another idiotic poll courtsey of TOT it seems....:rolleyes:

Where does sex tourism rank on this scale?

I would say they didn't add the real attractions like massage and go-go bars.

Instead the magnificent, clean, unspoiled beach of Pattaya with its crystal-clear water was mentioned. Rather skewed survey if you ask me. ;)

jomtien...international beach hub world land hub.

followed by paragon shopping hub of south east asia hub world land hub hub world.

ef

presumably the survey HAD to be conducted online...'just in case'

I bet the 'dumped at sea' migrant workers don't think much of the ocean...etc

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: pattaya beach its got to be the worst beach in Asia its terrible. they must dream this stuff up. i cant think of 1 really good beach in Thailand they have not ruined, thankfully i saw them all 15 years ago when they were stunning

All the Pattaya tourists say they go there for the beach, when it is obvious that they have never seen it.

TAT again, these people get paid for what ??? Pattaya ====This place along with Jomptien is very big indeed, The beach is always popular because it happens to be there, Thats all.

In half a meter of water you cannot see your feet, the sand is brown and similar to the sand they use on the roads in England in icy weather==It's called grit. People do NOT come to Pattaya for the sand and sea, they only use it. Pattaya is frequented because of what is NOT mentioned, and other attractions.

There are some lovely beaches around, if you just want a beach holiday only,- Pattaya is not where you would pay 50,000 bht to visit

most certainly....proof of this is with Pattaya beach coming in at number 2 beach in Thailand....:whistling: ....... notice this was conducted on-line, therefore could suggest people who have never been to the actual places were surveyed.....

Well it certainly sounded good to me. Could not for the life of me see why they would falsify the facts.

But they must have done some thing to come up with Pattaya beach being number 2. Even the beach at Jomtein would beat that.Maybe they were confused by the fact that there is a lot of women there for rent.

Well it certainly sounded good to me. Could not for the life of me see why they would falsify the facts.

But they must have done some thing to come up with Pattaya beach being number 2. Even the beach at Jomtein would beat that.Maybe they were confused by the fact that there is a lot of women there for rent.

Too bad they didn't include the link to the survey.

I expect the families of the growing numbers of raped and murdered foreign women who are dumped on the beaches or in the sea would beg to differ.

Since their number would be miniscule of the total number of tourists, they would have no statistical relevance to polls conducted of tourists..

I expect the families of the growing numbers of raped and murdered foreign women who are dumped on the beaches or in the sea would beg to differ.

Since their number would be miniscule of the total number of tourists, they would have no statistical relevance to polls conducted of tourists..

Not forgetting that a certain number are also raped and murdered in places like Ibiza .......

I'm sure many do go to Pattaya for the beach. The Indians, Iranians, Russians are just sort of stunned when they get there.

I had once heard that 60% of Thailands tourists basically existed in the Pattaya-Bangkok corridor. I must have met hundreds of tourists in Pattaya who had never been outside Pattaya save for the odd visa run. Perhaps the really intrepid took a bar girl back to the family shack - once.

Thailand's is a nation very blessed with lovely beaches. Too bad it has not taken care of them. Forget Pattaya, that hasn't been a really quality beach in decades. There must be a dozen other beaches that have severe issues both to health and aesthetics. Many NPs are in serious trouble - Samet and most of Phuket province for starters.

Interesting though, I have long held that thi is all that Thailand really has left to offer the tourist, beach (well that and not so cheap sex with a 30 yo divorcee mother of two).

I'm sure many do go to Pattaya for the beach. The Indians, Iranians, Russians are just sort of stunned when they get there.

I had once heard that 60% of Thailands tourists basically existed in the Pattaya-Bangkok corridor. I must have met hundreds of tourists in Pattaya who had never been outside Pattaya save for the odd visa run. Perhaps the really intrepid took a bar girl back to the family shack - once.

Thailand's is a nation very blessed with lovely beaches. Too bad it has not taken care of them. Forget Pattaya, that hasn't been a really quality beach in decades. There must be a dozen other beaches that have severe issues both to health and aesthetics. Many NPs are in serious trouble - Samet and most of Phuket province for starters.

Interesting though, I have long held that thi is all that Thailand really has left to offer the tourist, beach (well that and not so cheap sex with a 30 yo divorcee mother of two).

Astute observations, IMHO.

followed by paragon shopping hub of south east asia hub world land hub hub world.

ef

According to one of the local tourist rags, Jomtien is the "Miami of South East Asia". Had me packing up!

ef

According to one of the local tourist rags, Jomtien is the "Miami of South East Asia". Had me packing up!

Many, many years ago when they tarted up Walking Street, the local papers touted it to be the Champs Elysees of Asia. :D

We should compile a list of delusions that seem haunt Pattaya's leaders/media. Would make a good joke book.

Seriously though, Pattaya's beach is a welcome change from BKK. I would not have bothered to visit (back when I was a tourist) if there was no beach here.

ef

Many, many years ago when they tarted up Walking Street, the local papers touted it to be the Champs Elysees of Asia. :D

We should compile a list of delusions that seem haunt Pattaya's leaders/media. Would make a good joke book.

Seriously though, Pattaya's beach is a welcome change from BKK. I would not have bothered to visit (back when I was a tourist) if there was no beach here.

If you want a nearer beach to Bkk, you could have gone to Bang Saen, beach there and only 40 mins away, to some its more pleasant -(Thai anyway)

If you want a nearer beach to Bkk, you could have gone to Bang Saen, beach there and only 40 mins away, to some its more pleasant -(Thai anyway)

Yes i agree it is closer and more of a Thai place to visit. If you can put up with all the food scraps and rubbish tipped into the water at high tide by the food and deck chair people.

for nearly 46 years I have livedd near the ocean. Even have a home on the beach in Hawaii, But after 8 years in Pattaya I moved up country. I just got tired of the Crime, scams, high prices, corupt police, traffic, and the general crowd it attracts. The list goes on and on.

TAT are you listening ?

TAT: Foreign tourists love Thai sea

Only if they come from a desert, or a snow field. If you have lived any where near the coast you will see Thai beaches for the polluted joke they are. They may have been nice to look at at some time in the past, but dumped plastic bags full of rubbish spoils the effect.

In all fairness, thailand still has some of the loveliest stretches of beaches in the world. what makes thailand unique and most tourists do not take advantage of is the bungalow culture. nowhere in the world is one so spoiled for choice. They are now a pretty poor value - but the opportunity to shack up a few meters by the water on a beautiful stretch of beach with few people about is really unique to thailand. yes of course, there is phuket, lipe, samui and ko chang that have been ruined. but there are still gems. the best part of the experience for most is that (relatively speaking in tourist terms) food, water and booze is brought over from the mainland. so, for the more hearty tourists - a fake slice of paradise, a great and inexpensive holiday, beautiful settings... It still wins.