Tailor Explicitly For Modern, Slim Fit Suit. Which One?

roberto74

Hi all,

I am explicitly looking for a tailor that can do the latest cuts in modern slim fit suits. I have been rummaging through all kinds of reviews and the problem I have with them is that its very hard to know what kind of person is giving the review. What age, build or type of style isn't mentioned in those reviews.

So a thumbs up from a 65 year old retired ambassador does necessarily means that such a tailor would meet my wishes. No offence to the old ambassador.

What are my wishes? I want a truly modern suit, slim fit. Think Paul Smith, Victor and Rolf, Ermenegildo Zegna. Think Italian cut instead of classical Savile Row cut.

I also like added details in cuffs, lining, threading and fabrics can and should be bold and imported.

So with that in mind. Which tailor in BKK will suit me best? I am happily ready to spend the extra buck.

Would love to hear some opinions out there!

I've been disappointed by all the other tailors (I've tried at least two dozen) but Mr Singh has exactly what you need. He's located just off Soi Nana (next to Titty Bar) and will make you exactly the suit you need in just a few hours. He even gives you a free beer while you wait!

I have been living in Thailand for 10 years, have had done dozens of suits by different tailors, from the cheap sukhumvit tourist trap to the more fancy Silom thai business and government clientele type and always have been disappointed by the end result. It's only when I found one in Sukhumvit 11 that could cope with my temper and accept to redo the job several times when I kept complaining that I felt I had reached the suit/shirt sizing and fitting I wanted to get. But it is not worth the hassle and the arguments with Indian or Thai/Chinese tailors.

I know one tailor that is said to be good and above all the rest in term of quality but I never had a chance to try it, I invested in some hi-end brand suits and I'm perfectly happy with it for now, but I will definitely try it next time I'm in town. It's called Silver Tailor and is located on Sukhumvit Road itself just after the Benjasiri Park when you walk down Sukh coming from Emporium (same side). They're chinese and family run business, I heard good things but again it's from thai businessmen, who knows what their tests really are in term of fashion...

If you're ready to go further and spend much more, the best tailor I ever got to work with is in Hong Kong, he's got tons of amazing fabrics and is a former men's clothing designer so he knows his styles. Amazing selection of fabrics for business but also casual shirts!! Jantzen tailor, he's located in a building in central, easy to find him on google.

Good Luck

Here is a suggestion for you, a shop by name Dfine.

It is located on the 2nd floor of All Seasons Shopping Mall, which is wall to wall with

Conrad Hotel on Wireless road.

The man is good, very good. The guy has fantastic fabrics.

He can easily do Zegna for you.

But it will cost you, this shop is not cheap.

thnx for the tip....and what would "not cheap" amount to?

It is located on the 2nd floor of All Seasons Shopping Mall, which is wall to wall with

thnx for the tip....and what would "not cheap" amount to?

that would very much depend on the fabric you choose,

but I'd guess from 50 000 and upwards for a suit

I use Narin on Suk near Soi 8. Google for the website.

He has in house cutters. He can do fused and unfused.

He is more expensive than the usual Indian tailors with a tout sitting outside.

He can do the modern look if you want - which is similar to what I get done.

He also has top fabrics like Zegna for example which would set you back at least 50,000bt including making the suit.