What Type Of Uk Visa Is This?

A little bit of background.

My friends Thai g/f applied for a special visa to get married in the uk. This was rejected, something to do with him not having a full time job although he is quite wealthy and could easily afford to keep his wife here in the uk.

Last month he visited Thailand and got married, signed papers etc.

Today I heard his wife received a telephone call from the UK Embassy where she had her passport stamped with a visa to the UK.

I have no idea what visa it is, or if he appealed against their previous decision.

I am hoping one of our experts on here can shed some light on my curiosity.

I am not an 'expert', but if he wanted his wife to settle permanantly with him in the UK, it could be a settlement visa

but how many weeks was it since he applied for this new visa and it being granted???? settlement visas can take anything from 2-3 months to be granted. so if it was only a week or two since applying it could be a visitor visa ( lasts a potential 6 months )

Edited by kunash

Surely he knows what type of visa his wife applied for! Even if he doesn't, she must.

When she gets her passport back, it will say on the vignette what visa it is.

I Have not had chance to talk to either of them, this was from my own curiosity.

We got my wifes settlement visa last year after about 7 weeks and I wanted to know which visa you could actually get directly from the Embassy. His wife took her passport and the stamped the visa in for her. I will find out when they get to the UK but I thought I knew a lot about how to get visas, but never heard of this way.

Does this happen if an appeal was involved?

I am not an 'expert', but if he wanted his wife to settle permanantly with him in the UK, it could be a settlement visa

but how many weeks was it since he applied for this new visa and it being granted???? settlement visas can take anything from 2-3 months to be granted. so if it was only a week or two since applying it could be a visitor visa ( lasts a potential 6 months )

Thanks for the reply

They have only been married 4 weeks and no paperwork was submitted this time. I was thinking that they must have appealed and won their case or something like that