English Language Tv Channels

thaibeachlovers

Hi,

tried the archives and left feeling confused. What I did manage to find was that some guy in Lamphun can set me up, but no price. Another poster suggested 5,000 bht to get set up.

Anyone able to give me a reliable company that can set me up with BBC, Fox, Aljazira, English language movies, and the Korean channel for example, please.

Had a great service in Pattaya, and missing it.

I'd also love to know what the price would be.

Thanks for any help

Try looking at getting a vpn service there are a few free ones out there that are very good and you can hook it up to your t.v i pay 600 baht a month for mine and i get to watch all the tv channels a fraction of the price of any of the service providers .

When I move out there in a couple of weeks I'm going to go down the VPN route. Not only can you watch (assuming your from the UK) all the UK channels 'live' as they're being broadcast, but you also have access to things like BBC iPlayer and ITV player etc. There are free VPN services as has been mentioned but I'd assume you'd get a faster and more reliable connection with a 'paid' one.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a particular VPN service? I've had no luck. I don't mind paying if it's a decent price.

You need a fast internet connection - not only for a Bangkok server but also for London if you want to watch BBC. If your internet connection is not fast enough then the VPN service will not work.

I would recommend www.witopia.net

It is quite reasonably priced $40 US per year. I have never had any luck with free VPN services.

It has servers in many different locations: USA, England, Europe, Canada, Australia and Asia so you can watch BBC by connecting to the London server, ABC by connecting to the Sydney server and so on.

It is not a rip off company. They offer good solid support which you will probably need because it is quite difficult to set up. However, once setup it works quite well provided you have a decent stable and fast internet connection for the locations you want to use.

I found that for the BBC I get frequent pauses. However, the BBC allows you to download most of the available programs, but they do have DRM which means you have a limited time to watch the programs.

I use ukproxyserverdotcodotuk and never had any troubles i'm on 10m download speed true move 1284 per month this is good enough to watch tv on iplayer except if you do it at 4pm when all the thai kids get on the internet then it's not good but anytime before that it's all good watching glastonbury a few weeks ago was awesome .

Edited by rakchaingmai

Either go direct with True UBC, or there are alternative routes using a mix of a blx and internet connected to unscramble it.

Boxes usually are about 5,000 + 55o for 3 months service. this is discreet services tho.

Or you can look on the net for us tv now

or seeon .tv

or soccer tv live . net

Not perfect but a nice supplement to find sports, network tv, and movies etc.

Does any know of a good jsat installer in the Chiang Mai area, they advertise here on the forum but are based in BKK and do not have preferred installers in this area.

Good selection of english channels it looks like?

I would love to use their services but if I cannot find and installer it will be as usual a waste of time whistling.gif and added frustration to my lifejap.gif