Uk Tourist Visa To Fiance Visa

Is it possible to apply for a UK fiancé visa whilst already in the UK on a tourist visa? I know a Thai girl who gave birth two months ago in the UK . Her tourist visa is due to expire next month; but she claims the baby is too young to fly back to Thailand next month and the father is not in a position to look after the baby if she flies back on her own.

not possible no, you may get an extension under very special circumstances.... but this is not special to the UKBA

I know of a similar thing that happened and she had to return to apply for the visa.

Straight answer. No.

Story seems a bit strange to me. Visit visa is for 6 months in a 12 month period. Baby has been born 2 months already and she has one month left. So she planned this from the start and i would say they have lied to immigration as well. If there intensions were said from the start then immigration would probably not let her in. Example - situation they are in now.

I don't know how she got a Visa in the First place to come to the UK so close to the delivery date of the baby, unless it was born premature, and who paid for it to be born in the UK.She will have to return to her own Country to apply for a Visa,

This will probably be better Answered better if it was moved to the Visa section.

Edited by Thongkorn

As said, she cannot convert a tourist visa to settlement whilst in the UK.

She may be able to extend her stay, although this is unlikely. To find out she needs to contact the Immigration Enquiry Bureau.

Contact details

The email address below is for applicants who are already in the UK and require general information about the Immigration Rules' requirements. For data protection reasons, we cannot answer questions about individual cases by email.

Phone: 0870 606 7766

Textphone: 0800 389 8289

Email: [email protected]

Address: UK Border Agency, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 2BY

Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 16:45, Friday 09:00 to 16:30 (excluding public holidays).

As said, she was not entitled to NHS treatment while in the UK as a visitor (except initial emergency treatment in A&E), so if she had her child in an NHS hospital she may be presented with a large bill for the cost of her treatment!

Also, if her intention was to have the child in the UK and she did not mention this in her visa application, then she used deception to obtain the visa and so could be banned from visiting the UK for up to 10 years.

All things considered, I think it would be wise for her to stay quiet and return to Thailand. As far as I know, three months is not too young to fly, though she should check with her airline.