Google Adsense

WilliaminBKK

If you have a decent (ie. popular = traffic) site you can make a lot of money. If you don't, you won't. The subject of your site is also important (ads for expensive technology products tend to be worth more than mundane things). How you integrate the ads into your site is also important.

But the main thing - traffic.

Edited by Crushdepth

That would entirely depend on the popularity of the site, the number of visitors and therefore ad impressions, clicks etc, the number of ads placed, the size of the ads,etc, there are many variables that can influence the outcome and therefore the income.

I don't know who clicks on them. I've been 'ad blind' for years. I don't even notice them unless they flash with horrendous colours, and that just p1$$e$ me off.

I tend to agree that is why I am trying to figure out if the money is worth it, I don't click on ads ever and when I see an area dedicated to google ads I tend to think it cheapens the site, but heck even BKK post and almost all major newspaper is doing it now.

It's like this site now . . . full of ads that get in the way of the real content, are inserted into and between comments and annoy the hell out of everyone. I have never clicked on an ad from this site or any other and never will and I'm sure most users are the same. I'd be interested to know what actual revenue TV get from posting all these Google ads here as I'm sure that 'some' people do click on them.

It's like this site now . . . full of ads that get in the way of the real content, are inserted into and between comments and annoy the hell out of everyone. I have never clicked on an ad from this site or any other and never will and I'm sure most users are the same.

I find the use of an ad blocker comes in handy for this.

It's like this site now . . . full of ads that get in the way of the real content, are inserted into and between comments and annoy the hell out of everyone. I have never clicked on an ad from this site or any other and never will and I'm sure most users are the same. I'd be interested to know what actual revenue TV get from posting all these Google ads here as I'm sure that 'some' people do click on them.

Fully concur with the above.

Heres an idea for George, how many users do you think would be willing to pay a nominal fee for a NON ad site?

As noted by poster Spoonman, ad block is the way to go.

Thanks everyone fo your comments, I decided to go ad free -

It is so difficult to find the information from google, however found a site that gave me an idea of revenue of site -ispionage and I was surprised to see how low the revenue actually is for some sites that I visit.

I run numerous sites for other people that use Adwords for promotion. I long ago turned off the Google Network option on Adwords as it was a total waste of money. All our impressions and hits are exclusively on Google search pages now. Much better quality, though it does cost more too.

Network impressions just keep the stupid ad-farms in business.

I don't mind the ads for sponsors, but it's the Google Ads on here that annoy the hell out of me . . . they are everywhere and mean I have to scroll twice as much as I would need to without them + they are inserted INTO forum posts which is confusing sometimes.

Please get rid of them George.