Growing Aloe Vera Organically

james24

Does anyone know if you can buy aloe seeds so it will grow organically...?? There seems to be alot of shops selling Aloe Vera plant around JJ market but Im guessing they are not organic.

Has anyone done this before in CM or have any advice for someone who wants to...? Oh and also does anyone know what "type" of aloe vera grows here...?

Edited by james24

Yeah, it grows all over the place, incredibly easy.

I have some in my garden, never had to do anything for them, they spread by themselves.

I don't think I've ever seen mine flower and produce seeds though, but you can propagate them by dividing them.

How much of a supply do you need? I'm sure you can get some plants free if you ask around nicely.

Never tried growing aloe from seed, but like other's have said, it grows like a weed in Thailand. As the plant grows, it starts making new "bulbs"(don't know what they're called). Just pull one of them up and plant in pretty much any soil. Let it be and it will grow.

Thanks guys

Nice to know it grows so easy. When you say "bulbs" would they be in the soil...? I know it sounds obvious Im gonna try and grab some tonight if I can find it and dont know really what to do lol

Its almost like another mini plant growing very close to the older own. Just pull it from the ground and cut it from the main plant. Then just put it into the soil...

Thanks guys

Nice to know it grows so easy. When you say "bulbs" would they be in the soil...? I know it sounds obvious Im gonna try and grab some tonight if I can find it and dont know really what to do lol

Its almost like another mini plant growing very close to the older own. Just pull it from the ground and cut it from the main plant. Then just put it into the soil...

I think biologically they just call them 'offshoots'; roots that run underground, produce a new plant which then pops up some short distance from the 'mother plant'.

But cuttings will work too.

See here: http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/popluar-houseplants/aloe-plant-propagation.htm

I think biologically they just call them 'offshoots'; roots that run underground, produce a new plant which then pops up some short distance from the 'mother plant'.

But cuttings will work too.

See here: http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/popluar-houseplants/aloe-plant-propagation.htm

The 'offshoots' from the sides of larger plants are often clled 'suckers'.......so the OP should pull of a couple of 'suckers' and place them in some soil in the ground or in a pot to root out more in the shade for 2 wks, then move them to the full sun and after a couple of months, you start getting your own little 'suckers' and I would think that any sources you might find would be organic, as not too many insects bother aloe.

I would think that any sources you might find would be organic, as not too many insects bother aloe.

That was actually my first thought; why would anyone bother making Aloe not organically grown.. You only need pesticides for product that's popular with bugs.

Thanks for all the help guys

I couldnt find any last night but you do raise a good point that most of the shops would probably be organic if it grows so easily here anyway so perhaps a trip down to JJ is the best bet instead of thieving lol

Thanks for all the help guys

I couldnt find any last night but you do raise a good point that most of the shops would probably be organic if it grows so easily here anyway so perhaps a trip down to JJ is the best bet instead of thieving lol

Let me know if you truly can't find it; I can dig some up from the garden. ;)