Korat

sipidan

Good day all :jap:

I'm going to be spending about a month based in the city area of Korat during september :whistling: i know wet season!

At the moment i'm thinking about staying at the V-ONE Hotel, has anyone stayed there?

The address is:

666/6 Changphurk Road, Naimuang, City Center, Nakhonratchasima, Thailand 30000

Its on the same street as maharat nakhon ratchasima hospital.

Are they any hotels in the area with a studio or 1 bedroom?

I've been looking & phoning but they say 3 months or 6 months only!

Are there any nice restaurants in the area, i do enjoy Thai food stalls, korean BBQ & love Japanese food? :jap:

Can you recommend anywhere to watch the english premiership with commentary?

Any info regarding been in town would be great full!

I have briefly spent a couple of days in the city before but didn't get about much

I would like to rent a motorbike but can't recall seeing any rentals?

Cheers & regards Sipidan

Live the dream :D

Looks like a cute hotel! Never stayed there before so can't give much useful info. Just wanted to say that unless I'm staying somewhere for less than 5 days I usually never book more than a couple nights to check the hotel out :)

"Live the dream"

Sounds more like a nightmare being stuck in Korat for a month, hope you get the moto cy rental sorted out asap, maybe plan your esacape.

Korat is nothing more than a staging post town, full of transients passing through en route to Bkk or on the way back home to darkest Issan.

You mention English football, think of Korat as something along the lines of Crewe (junction).

"Live the dream"

Sounds more like a nightmare being stuck in Korat for a month, hope you get the moto cy rental sorted out asap, maybe plan your esacape.

Korat is nothing more than a staging post town, full of transients passing through en route to Bkk or on the way back home to darkest Issan.

You mention English football, think of Korat as something along the lines of Crewe (junction).

"Live the dream"

Sure am buddy not been back to the UK for nearly 5 years now, and sure there are nicer places i'd rather be at that time like Koh Chang or Phuket.ect but me & the girlfriend need to be close to maharat nakhon ratchasima hospital during in September so enough said really.

I just wanted a heads up on bar & restaurants from a farang or two instead of the girlfriends insight!

And hopefully i might get chance to have a cold singha in one of the bars in toon that she doesn't know about.

Fingers crossed on the rain & then i'll be able to chill around the swimming pool reading a book during the day :-D

I don't have any problem with the city.I really enjoy going to the mall.Only stayed there 3 or 4 days at A time but it seems ok.

Any questions go to koratfarang forum

Cheers amigo :)

recently found this website and did my 1st post yesturday :D

The zoo and the water park...that'll kill one day.....29 to go.

Petrified wood museum is good.....couple of hours at most.

Every time I go to Korat...for 90 day reports...we go to the Mall and see the same guys every morning in the coffee shop on ground floor near the bread shop. They sit there for hours.

"Live the dream"

"Live the dream"

Sure am buddy not been back to the UK for nearly 5 years now, and sure there are nicer places i'd rather be at that time like Koh Chang or Phuket.ect but me & the girlfriend need to be close to maharat nakhon ratchasima hospital during in September so enough said really.

I just wanted a heads up on bar & restaurants from a farang or two instead of the girlfriends insight!

And hopefully i might get chance to have a cold singha in one of the bars in toon that she doesn't know about.

Fingers crossed on the rain & then i'll be able to chill around the swimming pool reading a book during the day :-D

Ok, I retract my previous statement, give me Korat over the UK any and every day, the thought of returning there would be a nightmarish scenario.

Yes there are farang bars at local prices, yes you will be able to watch football, and yes the other is also available.

Enjoy.