California Wow

HarryLL76

I plan to visit Chiang Mai and I also plan to use the California WOW gym. I have read that it is not located in the city center or within the old city.

My question is if I do not have personal transportation, will it be difficult to get a taxi to the gym and back to my apartment specifically if the apartment is not close to the gym. I am thinking that maybe I could get public transportation to the gym but then it starts to rain and I cannot get a taxi back to my apartment. At this point, Ido not know in what area I will live.

Thanks guys

Harry

California Wow is located in Central Airport Plaza, so unless if you're staying anywhere within the moat, then yes, it will require at the very least a 15-minute songtaew ride to get there. Then add on the fact that it's on the top floor and you realise that it becomes a little more difficult to get to. It's certainly among the best gyms in Chiang Mai in terms of equipment and the training environment, however, it's not somewhere that you can nip to and from easily by any means. Hope that answers your question.

I might ad that the mall hours are 11:00 in the morning until 9:00 at night. I do not believe you can get in any earlier than that.

On the weekends it opens at 10:00.

During mall hours there is always taxi's songtell's and tuck tuck's on hand. Not a problem. Not sure what the situation is after 9:00 at night. There might be some thing as the movie theater is there and they do play some movies late.

If you are interested there is always the Dongtawan hotel in the night bazaar area it is open at 6:00 in the morning and once again public transportation is not a problem. It also has a pool where as California wow does not.

I might ad that the mall hours are 11:00 in the morning until 9:00 at night. I do not believe you can get in any earlier than that.

On the weekends it opens at 10:00.

You can get in earlier than that. The gym opens at 8 a.m., I think; and you can enter via the service door and elevator. There is a guard but you just say "California Wow" and he will let you pass.

Yes, the gym is accessible through the service entrance as early as 8am. There are always taxi's, tuk tuk's, and songtaews available to get home. getting to the plaza by public transport will depend on where you are staying. It may help if you take a business card from a driver or two and call them on the mornings where you need a ride.