Pattaya Officially Changes Name To ‘The Infamous Seaside Resort Of Pattaya’

george

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each unto thier own, it is definately not the sort of place I would like to raise children in or even take them to. I guess I love and care for my children too much to take them to such a place.

Or i guess you have no idea about the region but just like to bad mouth if to fit in with a few others.

Of course raising your kids in Isaan with no education is a much better choice or perhaps raising them in BKK, covered in smoke and pollution is another way of showing love.rolleyes.gif

PS. Do you actually know any of the places i mentioned? or had your trips(if you taken any) were reserved only to soi 6 and walking street

[One sees what he wants to see.

Walking Street and soi 6 are not family destinations, but what is your problem with Cosy Beach? Wongamat Beach, Jomtien Beach, Jomtien Na and all other areas not related to red light district? You are aware all mentioned and more are part of Pattayarolleyes.gif

Each unto thier own, it is definately not the sort of place I would like to raise children in or even take them to. I guess I love and care for my children too much to take them to such a place.

Yeah, that must be it -- you love and care for your children more than all the people with families that go there or live there love their children.

I am not infering that at all. I am sure the people you speak of love thier children as I do mine. Every parent has the right to raise thier children as they feel fit. I am saying that Pattaya is not the sort of place I would raise my Children.

Sattire is an a very good coping/avoidance mechanism. It actually helps a lot of people deal with the harsh realities of life. A lot of emergency service personell (Military, Police Ambo's) use sattire or black humour to help them deal with stressful situations. The people of Pattaya are using it in the same way and I say good on them if it helps them deal with the reality of what Pattaya really is.

That's a bit strong don't you think? It's not like you can compare a little black humor out of Pattaya to the reasons people in law enforcement, fire fighting, medical care, or military might use it. Come on now. It has its faults, but it's not a traumatizing place unless someone is the victim of a crime or something, but then that makes anywhere in the world a traumatizing place for the percentage of people who are unfortunate enough to be victimized.

blink.gif

It is a place that attracts a specific type of person looking for a specific type of entertainment tho. Not exactly a family holiday destination.

I agree with the family destination part, but that's beginning to go for Thailand in general with the ever increasing numbers of girly bars and Kathoeys in most tourist destinations. A minority of spots are left that don't have the Babylon thing going on.

Sattire is an a very good coping/avoidance mechanism. It actually helps a lot of people deal with the harsh realities of life. A lot of emergency service personell (Military, Police Ambo's) use sattire or black humour to help them deal with stressful situations. The people of Pattaya are using it in the same way and I say good on them if it helps them deal with the reality of what Pattaya really is.

That's a bit strong don't you think? It's not like you can compare a little black humor out of Pattaya to the reasons people in law enforcement, fire fighting, medical care, or military might use it. Come on now. It has its faults, but it's not a traumatizing place unless someone is the victim of a crime or something, but then that makes anywhere in the world a traumatizing place for the percentage of people who are unfortunate enough to be victimized.

blink.gif

It is a place that attracts a specific type of person looking for a specific type of entertainment tho. Not exactly a family holiday destination.

I agree with the family destination part, but that's beginning to go for Thailand in general with the ever increasing numbers of girly bars and Kathoeys in most tourist destinations. A minority of spots are left that don't have the Babylon thing going on.

cheesy.gif another one with "extensive" knowledge of the area

Seriously boys try to see other streets besides soi 6neus.gif

[One sees what he wants to see.

Walking Street and soi 6 are not family destinations, but what is your problem with Cosy Beach? Wongamat Beach, Jomtien Beach, Jomtien Na and all other areas not related to red light district? You are aware all mentioned and more are part of Pattayarolleyes.gif

Yeah, that must be it -- you love and care for your children more than all the people with families that go there or live there love their children.

I am not infering that at all. I am sure the people you speak of love thier children as I do mine. Every parent has the right to raise thier children as they feel fit. I am saying that Pattaya is not the sort of place I would raise my Children.

Perhaps you didn't mean to but that is precisely what you did infer; you love your kids too much to take them to "such a place". Other people do take their kids there or even raise them there, ergo they don't love their kids as much as you love yours -- or they wouldn't take them there. No other way to slice it.

Go ahead: embrace your superiority.

(By the way, I don't live there nor have I taken my kids there. However, I lived there 20 years ago and know that there's far more to it than sleaze and also know for a fact that there are plenty of decent people with families who go there or live there -- among them people I know personally. Not to mention the massive number of Thai -- including friends, neighbors and associate of mine -- who would not and could not go down Walking Street etc but also go there for holidays or live there.

Anyway, I've no interest in defending Pattaya. I just tend to bite when I see holier than thou uninformed bigotry regardless of the topic. But I reckon I'm done.)

Or i guess you have no idea about the region but just like to bad mouth if to fit in with a few others.

Of course raising your kids in Isaan with no education is a much better choice or perhaps raising them in BKK, covered in smoke and pollution is another way of showing love.rolleyes.gif

PS. Do you actually know any of the places i mentioned? or had your trips(if you taken any) were reserved only to soi 6 and walking street

I respect your opinion and your right to make your own lifestyle choice for yourself and family and to live where you want. That is entirely up to you. My wife and I make exactly the same choices for our family and Pattaya does not fit into our lifestyle. I am not bad mouthing the place or the families that reside there. I am simply saying it does not suit the upbringing we want for our children.

It's the same in most places my friend. It's not about looking in one place or not. It's not a unanimous thing but, in general, Thai tourist destinations do a pretty good job of allocating "services" to sections. I happen to live in one place where the girly bars are spread out all over rather than having a red light district, but there's nothing uncommon about red light districts for many places, Pattaya being one of them.

Also you might want to read previous posts and then you might have noticed that the ONLY thing I agreed with the other poster about was whether or not Pattaya makes a prime family destination. Other than that, if you go back and read the words, you might notice that you and I would have likely been in agreement.

whistling.gif

I respect your opinion and your right to make your own lifestyle choice for yourself and family and to live where you want. That is entirely up to you. My wife and I make exactly the same choices for our family and Pattaya does not fit into our lifestyle. I am not bad mouthing the place or the families that reside there. I am simply saying it does not suit the upbringing we want for our children.

I did not question your family values, but simply asked if you visited the areas i mentioned. so the answer would be yes or a nojap.gif

It's the same in most places my friend. It's not about looking in one place or not. It's not a unanimous thing but, in general, Thai tourist destinations do a pretty good job of allocating "services" to sections. I happen to live in one place where the girly bars are spread out all over rather than having a red light district, but there's nothing uncommon about red light districts for many places, Pattaya being one of them.

Also you might want to read previous posts and then you might have noticed that the ONLY thing I agreed with the other poster about was whether or not Pattaya makes a prime family destination. Other than that, if you go back and read the words, you might notice that you and I would have likely been in agreement.

whistling.gif

So do you judge BKK by soi 4(Nana) or do you judge Phuket by Patong beach?

or Do you judge Sydney (Australia) by Kings Cross? or perhaps Amsterdam by the red light "corner"?

Again,one sees only what he wants to see.

There are millions of Russian family's who occupy Pattaya daily, no doubt you may try to call them stupid, but than when there are millions, they all can not be stupid can they?!

I live about 1 km away from Walking Street and i can assure you there are no bars, girls or katoys in my area. All my neighbors are family's with kids, and kids have the freedom to run around on the streets and do whatever they like in safe environment.

Girly bars are only in centrally located area's especially for foreign tourists. Local bars catering for locals are well hidden and can hardly be noticed.

blink.gif

Lots of families or couples would be right at home in Pattaya. There is Bonnie and Clyde. and the Genovese or Gambino family.

whistling.gif

So do you judge BKK by soi 4(Nana) or do you judge Phuket by Patong beach?

or Do you judge Sydney (Australia) by Kings Cross? or perhaps Amsterdam by the red light "corner"?

Again,one sees only what he wants to see.

There are millions of Russian family's who occupy Pattaya daily, no doubt you may try to call them stupid, but than when there are millions, they all can not be stupid can they?!

I live about 1 km away from Walking Street and i can assure you there are no bars, girls or katoys in my area. All my neighbors are family's with kids, and kids have the freedom to run around on the streets and do whatever they like in safe environment.

Girly bars are only in centrally located area's especially for foreign tourists. Local bars catering for locals are well hidden and can hardly be noticed.

I understand what you are saying and agree with you in part.

Firstly if I may state that what I am about to say is not an attack on Pattaya or the fine people who choose to reside there. I am aware that some here on Thaivisa will ultimately construde it as offensive and a personal attack. That is not my intention and I apoligize in advance.

In response to judging other parts of the world as Pattaya is judged, can I say that when one thinks of places like Sydney the 1st thing that comes to mind is the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Amsterdam is clogs, windmills and dykes. Bangkok is food and the capital of Thailand. Rome is the Vatican and Roman ruins. Pattaya is the seady bars, girls, booze and sex tourists. Pattaya has a stigma attached to it that will never be shaken. After all isn't it this stigma that the thread is making satire of? When I speak of Thailand to single / Divorced male friends they generally reply Ah Pattaya, girls, bars and cheap booze, a playground. When I say I am talking about Thailand they seem to look at me as to say Where? Isn't Thailand in Pattaya?

I know that some will come back and attack me on my statement and say that the image of Pattaya is purely a myth just like the Greek Gods/Godesses but I have been to Pattaya and seen both sides of the coin. The good side and the seady side and unfortunately the seady side smoothers the positive side. What I mean by that is that the stigma of Pattaya is smeared across the whole city. We have all found our own little niche in Thailand but Pattaya is not mine but those who have found it there I am sure are happy and good on them.

P.S

The City is situated in the heavily industrial Eastern Seaboard zone, along with Si Racha, Laem Chabang, and Chonburi. It has a population exceeding 100,000 (2010).Pattaya is also the center of the Pattaya-Chonburi Metropolitan Area, the conurbation in Chonburi Province, with a total population exceeding 1,000,000. As you state there are millions of Russian Families in Pattaya daily at say 3 people per family, that's 3 million Russians and a lot of gold hanging around the necks. A ratio of about 3 Russians to every Thai in the province. We could play a game called spot the Thai in the street a difficult task. Throw in all the other farangs and it would be impossible to spot a Thai. Just teasing my friend I know what you mean, there are a lot of Russians in Pattaya.

I did not question your family values, but simply asked if you visited the areas i mentioned. so the answer would be yes or a nojap.gif

Oh sorry my friend. The answer is yes we have visited Pattaya and it did not appeal to us in anyway. The place did not have anything going for it. Personal choice I guess but not our cup of tea.

They could advertise around the world ,to tie in with the ads for.

AMAZING THAILAND

Why travel all over the world just to be ripped off

have it done all in one place

Pattaya, the jet skiers paradise.

Edited by thaimate

In response to judging other parts of the world as Pattaya is judged, can I say that when one thinks of places like Sydney the 1st thing that comes to mind is the Opera House and Harbour Bridge.

Actually, King's Cross springs to mind. :ermm:

depending on the mindset I guess. For me it is watching the Sydney Swans being slaughtered.

In response to judging other parts of the world as Pattaya is judged, can I say that when one thinks of places like Sydney the 1st thing that comes to mind is the Opera House and Harbour Bridge.

Or that gay mardi gras thing. I thought everyone in Sydney was into Kings Cross or cross dressing. No?

Or that gay mardi gras thing. I thought everyone in Sydney was into Kings Cross or cross dressing. No?

Went to Kings Cross about 6 months ago. All trendy up market Cafe's, shops and restuarants. $15 AUD for a cup of coffee you can keep the place. A place for high society only